Global Thermonuclear War

So, if I'm geting this right, Eugene Chin's saying that I'm trying to mess with your heads.

Question: How can I do that if I never even sent that thing?!

^
|

This Schlemiel is taking advantage of the fact that I can't show you my PM's.

(EDIT) To clarify, my position is thus:

1. The Message is real.
    --- SoItBegins claimed, to me, to be an Intelligence Agent.
  2. The Content is a lie.
    --- It makes no rational sense for an I.A. to have revealed himself this early in the game.
    --- I believe he is lying,
  3. ... And thus, is a dictator.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 09 November 2007 - 03:59 PM

Either Eugene Chin really did get the message, and then intentionally exposed two people (whether they are special roles or not, they will now be targeted as such by the terrorists), an evil act on its own.

Or Eugene Chin made it all up to cause a frenzy of voting in the next round aimed at two innocent people.

Either way, I don't want Eugene Chin in the game anymore. There was no innocent reasoning behind releasing that information. Heck, the thing to probably do if the message did exist was to sit on it quietly and use the information to ones own advantage.

@mrxak, on Nov 9 2007, 08:54 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Either Eugene Chin really did get the message, and then intentionally exposed two people (whether they are special roles or not, they will now be targeted as such by the terrorists), an evil act on its own.

Or Eugene Chin made it all up to cause a frenzy of voting in the next round aimed at two innocent people.

Either way, I don't want Eugene Chin in the game anymore. There was no innocent reasoning behind releasing that information. Heck, the thing to probably do if the message did exist was to sit on it quietly and use the information to ones own advantage.

To clarify, again, my position is thus:

1. The Message is real.
  2. The Content is a lie.
    --- It makes no rational sense for an I.A. to have revealed himself this early in the game.
  3. ... And thus, SoItBegins is a dictator.

What part of this is so difficult to understand?

(EDIT) Removed some potentially inflammatory material.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 09 November 2007 - 04:05 PM

What if Mackilroy had chosen prophile and Manta to be the terrorists? Just to be interesting.

This post has been edited by 1Eevee1 : 09 November 2007 - 04:27 PM

How do you know the content is a lie? SoItBegins is new to the game, he may not know any better. If you were really innocent, I don't think that you would make the decision to expose somebody's special role (in fact, two special roles) just on your personal hunch. And if you did, well, then you're a terrible player for the innocent cause, and we'll be better off with you gone.

@eugene-chin, on Nov 9 2007, 12:51 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

To clarify, my position is thus:

1. The Message is real.

2. The Content is a lie.

3. ... And thus, is a dictator.

4. is a complete and utter lie. By the way, if I was an Intelligence Agent, I never would have said so under the same circumstances.

5. is pointless because it's based on (1), and (1) is a lie. While I certainly suspect that Mexico is innocent, I have no information about it.

6. is doubly pointless because it's based on (1) and (2).

Thus, my conclusion is that Eugene Chin is either a) trying to stir everybody up against me, for reasons unknown, or b) is a Dictator and wants to thin down the good guys, starting with the n00b, or is c) trying to make himself appear more important-- bragging, in effect-- while condemning me in the process.

Gee, misguided player much?

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 09 November 2007 - 04:15 PM

@mrxak, on Nov 9 2007, 09:07 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

How do you know the content is a lie? SoItBegins is new to the game, he may not know any better. If you were really innocent, I don't think that you would make the decision to expose somebody's special role (in fact, two special roles) just on your personal hunch. And if you did, well, then you're a terrible player for the innocent cause, and we'll be better off with you gone.

The content is a lie because we haven't had a Night phase yet. This is still the first day round, just in a tie-breaker.

If it turns out SoItBegins Really Is an I.A., he's gonna be one for the history books. Who here remembers Mispeled in the first round of the first game?

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 09 November 2007 - 04:20 PM

Let us all just vote for either prophile or Manta, and see what happens in the next round.

If it turns out SoItBegins really is an I.A., he's gonna be one for the history books. Who here remembers Mispeled in the first round?

You'll have to enlighten me. I missed that one.

P.S: The content is a lie because the message is fake. This is all I'm going to say on the subject.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 09 November 2007 - 04:21 PM

I don't know why I didn't think of this before.

SoItBegins, I have screenshots, and I'm not afraid to use'em.

Edit pending.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Cog...ss/Picture3.png

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 09 November 2007 - 04:32 PM

Fake. I could make something like that in Photoshop in half an hour.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 09 November 2007 - 04:35 PM

Nobody photoshops that fast that well.

@eugene-chin, on Nov 9 2007, 03:27 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

I don't know why I didn't think of this before.

SoItBegins, I have screenshots, and I'm not afraid to use'em.

Edit pending.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Cog...ss/Picture3.png

I'm just going to have to trust you.

This post has been edited by darth_vader : 09 November 2007 - 04:41 PM

@eugene-chin, on Nov 9 2007, 04:18 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

The content is a lie because we haven't had a Night phase yet. This is still the first day round, just in a tie-breaker.

If it turns out SoItBegins Really Is an I.A., he's gonna be one for the history books. Who here remembers Mispeled in the first round of the first game?

We have no idea what the special roles are, or what they can do. Your assumptions could very well have cost the innocents the game.

I'm going to sleep now, as I've been up for 24 hours straight and did way too much crazy busy stuff in that time, but I've already voted in this tiebreaker so it shouldn't matter. See you when the dust settles, as I will probably be up quite early.

Wait, what?!?

Edit: WHAT?? Where the hell did Mack's old post go? People are editing stuff left and right, and I barely get a chance to process or respond before it changes again. Somehting about throwing a wrench...

This post has been edited by darth_vader : 09 November 2007 - 04:46 PM

The only messages I've received from Eugene are the same as I got from most of you: confirmation of 'hey the game has started.'

All right, let's work this out.

If this message is fake, Eugene Chin has a BIG problem.

If it's not, I don't understand why SoItBegins would send it if he's completely innocent(what can he know about prophile without prophile telling him something?).
If he's a terrorist(along with prophile ofcourse), he wouldn't probably do it because he must have known that Eugene wouldn't trust him speaking about prophile(unless he wanted to save prophile and lynch Eugene to clear all traces).

If he's a special role, Eugene could be a terrorist for all he knows, and he would probably know nothing about prophile either(well, only if he's got a completely new special role).

It looks like a strange, new method of SoItBegins to control the game, being a terrorist or not.

EDIT: I would like to hear what prophile has to say(without revealing anything about a possible role, which will be hard).

This post has been edited by RJC Ultra : 09 November 2007 - 05:04 PM

Mack, stop covering for me. You're supposed to be impartial and I screwed up.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 09 November 2007 - 04:48 PM

Eugene Chin: Please explain this.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 09 November 2007 - 04:58 PM