Global Thermonuclear War

@eugene-chin, on Nov 7 2007, 06:57 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

(Edit) Are roles being revealed on death?

No. Nor will I reveal how many roles there were until the game ends.

@mackilroy, on Nov 8 2007, 03:07 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

No. Nor will I reveal how many roles there were until the game ends.

Ulgh. Those kind of games get ugly fast.

Remember the only game Cerberus played in? The one where all the special roles murdered each other in the first round, but nobody knew it? That's why I don't like these No-Reveal games.

I don't think they can work for smaller games, but since we've got a record number of players this time...

As for my Gutless vote:

1. I don't know when the round ends.
  2. I don't know how much time I'll have online tomorrow.
  3. I don't have any better ideas right now.

I'll vote for you, nfreader!

@gutlesswonder, on Nov 7 2007, 07:57 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

/me whistles
That was damn fast, Madagascar. The question now, of course, is whether or not you and darth_vader will change your votes since I have retracted mine.

I also apologize to the US, for stealing their preemptive thunder.

Retracted vote for GW. It would be good if you would make a new post explicitly mentioning that as well as editing your old post, becasuse I usually dont' go back and reread the thread each time.

Anyway, I don't want to be a hasty voter, nor do I want to start a bandwagon, but the fact remains that the first person to vote has overwhelmingly been a dictator in the past. I will be keeping my eye on you, Gutless, and I encourage others to do the same.

Perhaps Eugene Chin ( Retracted ) can shed some light on this mystery...

(I have since retracted my vote against darth_vader.)

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 08 November 2007 - 05:25 PM

I seem to have been buried under paperwork all day long, but the discussion seems to be already starting with finger pointing by many. I believe, for now, I will refrain from voting so I can try to better discern who the terrorists are so I do not accuse innocents of crimes they have not committed.

I once again must withhold my vote until the second round.

@eugene-chin, on Nov 8 2007, 04:40 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

As for my Gutless vote:

1. I don't know when the round ends.
  2. I don't know how much time I'll have online tomorrow.
  3. I don't have any better ideas right now.

It still remains pretty agressive...

I'll take a shot in the dark and vote Manta.

Because I must defend my self so I can catch the terrorists who stole from my country, I declare a self defense vote against Prophile.

I think I'm going to have to go with Manta. Somebody helped the terrorists, and who better to help them than the people they stole from.

prophile is guilty in my eyes.

I have retracted my vote against Eugene Chin. I now vote against Manta.

EDIT: I have retracted my vote again, pending further information.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 08 November 2007 - 11:05 PM

prophile. Nobody would make a new person a terrorist, unless their username is nfreader.

Hmmm, a tie...interesting. Should I join the random bandwagon against Manta, or jump on prophile in a vein similar to what happened to myself a bit earlier this round...

I suppose there is always the (now pointless) self-defense vote against Eugene Chin.

Eh, what the heck, Manta for the win.

Still no vote from Selax or RJC Ultra. Come on, newbies, join the unruly mob! And darth_vader I believe still needs to re-vote after retracting his vote from GutlessWonder.

Currently we have (sorted by target):

Eugene Chin - GutlessWonder

GutlessWonder - Manta
mrxak - Manta
prophile - Manta
SoItBegins - Manta

Anon - nfreader

1Eevee1 - prophile
Manta - prophile
nfreader - prophile

Dark Jet - Selax

darth_vader -
RJC Ultra -
Selax -

I would care to point out that the terrorists are the ones who would bandwagon me, because I almost stopped them once and if I get the chance I will stop them next time. If I do die, I would care to point out I tried to refrain from voting this round, so I could better discern who the terrorists were before voting to kill someone who is likely innocent, instead of bandwagoning an innocent immedately and making it easier for the terrorists to win.

retracted

Gah.. Manta vs Prophile...

I have no reason to vote for either... guess I'll abstain this round?

This post has been edited by Dark Jet : 08 November 2007 - 08:17 PM

@mrxak, on Nov 8 2007, 05:38 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

And darth_vader I believe still needs to re-vote after retracting his vote from GutlessWonder.

Yes I do. I'm voting for GutlessWonder again, actually. I said I'd watch him, and no sooner do I retract my vote than do I see him joining a bandwagon. It's not the most incriminating behavior, but since I'm already suspicious, it's enough to make me retract my retraction.

@manta, on Nov 8 2007, 07:08 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

I would care to point out that the terrorists are the ones who would bandwagon me, because I almost stopped them once and if I get the chance I will stop them next time. If I do die, I would care to point out I tried to refrain from voting this round, so I could better discern who the terrorists were before voting to kill someone who is likely innocent, instead of bandwagoning an innocent immedately and making it easier for the terrorists to win.

Alternative explanation, you staged the attack on your base, and then hoped to fly under the radar by not voting.

You should be condemning those that are now bandwagoning on prophile as a result of your own vote, but instead you take a purely defensive stance that makes it seem like you're just a victim.