Global Thermonuclear War

I am going to vote this round.

Remember-- even using the old deadline, it's not over until 3:00 PST. 🆒

Well vote already.

mrxak seems very intent on offing Manta, considering that prophile Admitted that his vote against Manta was a stab in the dark.

I really wish people hadn't fixated on these two.

Ah, well.

@mackilroy, on Nov 9 2007, 01:34 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

1Eevee1 - prophile
Anon - nfreader
Dark Jet - prophile
darth_vader - GutlessWonder
Eugene Chin - GutlessWonder
GutlessWonder - Manta
Manta - prophile
mrxak - Manta
nfreader - prophile
prophile - Manta
RJC Ultra - Manta
Selax - prophile
SoItBegins - No vote currently

SoItBegins: are you going to go with another vote, or are you abstaining this round?

So far, there's a tie between prophile and manta, with Gutless in second and nfreader in third for votes.

Wait, tie? What? At this point SoItBegins could force a tie, or continue to abstain and allow prophile to die...

I retract my vote for Manta, since my theories are leaving too many blank spots. <_<
I'll abstain from voting this round.

And no, I'm not a terrorist who tries to stay out of this, I just want to see who gets lynched this round before I can draw an image of this whole thing.

EDIT: Sorry prophile, so far I believe you're innocent. :unsure:

This post has been edited by RJC Ultra : 09 November 2007 - 09:28 AM

@eugene-chin, on Nov 9 2007, 06:49 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

mrxak seems very intent on offing Manta, considering that prophile Admitted that his vote against Manta was a stab in the dark.

I really wish people hadn't fixated on these two.

Ah, well.

I know. Come on, guys, this is ridiculous. Currently prophile has 5 votes and Manta has 4, with no rationale behind any of them, except for a little from mrxak about manta trying to stay under the radar. Which hardly matters now, since everyone is so fixated on him. If he's still trying to stay under the radar at this point, all it proves is that he's new to the game, not that he's pure dag-nasty evil. We can't blame this state of randomness on the newbs either, since 1Eevee1, nfreader, and mrxak are all involved in it too.

@darth_vader, on Nov 9 2007, 03:26 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Currently prophile has 5 votes and Manta has 4, with no rationale behind any of them, except for a little from mrxak about manta trying to stay under the radar.

Another reason for my abstain is that I don't trust mrxak anymore for jumping so fast on Manta, mrxak seems to be way more agressive than prophile(who probably just wanted to break open the discussion again).

Well, maybey he just did it because he feared Manta and prophile to retract their votes for each other, wat would end in a deadlock again.

Like I said, I first need to see who gets lynched.

Like I said before, I believe prophile is innocent after all(or seems to be more innocent than Manta), so I change my vote back in a desperate attempt to save him.

Vote: Manta

Please, SoItBegins, vote Manta too.

This post has been edited by RJC Ultra : 09 November 2007 - 10:51 AM

I vote against Manta.

Ok, that's everybody... we've got a 5-5 tie between Manta and prophile!

All right, everyone has voted. The final markups:

prophile : 5 votes
manta : 5 votes
GutlessWonder ; 2 votes
nfreader : 1 vote

Alright, since there's a tie, GutlessWonder and nfreader are now out of the running. You can vote for either prophile or manta.

As you all can see, it took me some time to decide who to vote, but now it's done, I won't change it again.

Vote: Manta

I'm Convinced that these Anti-Manta votes are the work of the dictators. mrxak's sheer aggression should have given him away by now.

Short of stopping him, however, I can deny them the chance to lynch the target they want to lynch.

prophile.

(Edit) I've been dismissed from Jury Duty today.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 09 November 2007 - 02:18 PM

Now now, Eugene Chin, you said I always play this way, you can't say I am this aggressive as intelligence agent and then claim later that I'm the bad guy too. This many folks, it's a heck of a lot more likely I'm innocent or a special role than a terrorist. The same can be said for prophile. Manta at least has said he was trying to lay low. Of the two, he's a lot more guilty-sounding than prophile.

My vote is and remains Manta.

prophile

GutlessWonder said:

prophile

Changing your vote so soon? Do you know something?

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 09 November 2007 - 03:18 PM

I should note: if you have a special role and you have not PMed me, you need to do so. Since we're in a tie round, you have until 1 AM Central Time to PM me.

I've received a very strange message from SoItBegins.

Greetings! While it is true that our two countries have not had the best of relations in the past, it is true that we do not support terrorism. However, we support the slaughter of innocents even less, and we have recieved information that, with a high degree of certainty, says that Mexico is not harboring terrorists.

Furthermore, we have recieved credible rumors stating that the ambassador to Mexico has certain special talents at his disposal, which may be of use to us in the near future.

While we would never tell another country what to do, it is our opinion that your vote against Mexico has been made in bad judgement.

China

No intelligent Intelligence Agent would risk exposing himself this early in the game.

Look at his behavior:
First, he challenged darth_vader for trying to defend himself from GutlessWonder.

Then, he tried to turn things against me for not jumping Off of Gutless.

Then he jumped on Manta. The same Manta who's now in a tie breaker.

So, Now, he's claiming to be an Intelligence Agent, and that Mackilroy was feeling So generous as to give him intelligence on his target before the Night phase.

And, that his target just Happened to be prophile, the other player in the tie-breaker.

And, that prophile just Happens to have Super Powers.

I Really wish I could vote against SoItBegins himself.

I deliberated challenging SoItBegins via PM to prove his statements before dumping them to the topic... But the more I and my brothers thought about it, the more we felt it had to Had To be a lie.

James points out that, since it's a PM, I cannot prove it's actual existence to to the rest of you. I can do nothing to rectify this.

It is also true that SoItBegins has not yet voted, possibly to turn this into the foundation of an accusation against me next round by claiming I'm lying.

Also, SoItBegins, it's spelled "received" and "judgment," not "recieved" and "judgement."

(EDIT) I'd like to note really quickly that SoItBegins had not posted here yet when I began typing this up.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 09 November 2007 - 03:30 PM

What on earth are you talking about? I never sent that.

P.S: I'm not an Intelligence Agent. I'll state that now, just to clear up any confusion.

If it is true, then Eugene Chin has exposed not one but two special roles useful to the innocents. I think I'll vote for Eugene Chin at the next opportunity. prophile is probably a dead man now whether he loses this vote tonight or not. Great.

My point is it: The message is real, but the content must be a lie.

I.A.'s Cannot get Intel until the Night phase, not unless Mackilroy was feeling unusually generous.

Did you Look at what I said?

@eugene-chin, on Nov 9 2007, 08:29 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

So, Now, he's claiming to be an Intelligence Agent, and that Mackilroy was feeling So generous as to give him intelligence on his target before the Night phase.

And, that his target just Happened to be prophile, the other player in the tie-breaker.

And, that prophile just Happens to have Super Powers.

This trail of logic is so torturous it violates the Cruel and Unusual clause of the Constitution.

As my younger brother put it, "If he's the Intelligence Agent, you're f-cing doomed."

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 09 November 2007 - 03:47 PM