Regenesis (Formerly Final Chance)

I know what you're thinking, "Duddent dis gah got nuthin better t'do?" (Doesn't this guy have anything better to do?), but one of these is cool.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Before you say it, yes I have no life. Now, onto more important things. I took a screenshot of me in a fed scoutship shooting the model for "the Wall", to illustrate how it works.
Posted Image

I fired the rockets from the blue line, and I traced the trajectory and highlighted me in a box.
Posted Image

Very interesting weapon you got there in 'the Wall'. What do the yellow and purple cannons do?

@darthkev, on 05 May 2011 - 06:15 PM, said in Regenesis (Formerly Final Chance):

What do the yellow and purple cannons do?

Thank you. The yellow cannon is actually a small beam. 'Kay, it's not really that small. It has a 3o inaccuracy so it acts like an Ion Cannon, but it is a fixed beam.
Posted Image

About the purple cannon. Want an honest answer? Well, all I know is that it's going to ionize. One of very few weapons that do... Other than that, I'm drawing a blank. Ideas? Cause I really, just, well no.

This is the shot of the purple cannon.
Posted Image

I actually expected the yellow cannon to have basic shots and the purple cannon to be a lightning beam. As for how the purple one would behave, maybe firing simultaneously? Sort of an 'ion wave' gun?

@darthkev, on 05 May 2011 - 08:20 PM, said in Regenesis (Formerly Final Chance):

I actually expected the yellow cannon to have basic shots and the purple cannon to be a lightning beam. As for how the purple one would behave, maybe firing simultaneously? Sort of an 'ion wave' gun?

I'm thinking as a disable-not-destroy, single shot rapid fire low damage. I don't want it to too closely resemble "the Wall". Maybe as a small weapon mounted on freighters for close combat. I dunno.

This is a better demonstration of how "the Wall" works. I have 16 tubes and the weapon is set to fire simultaneously with an inaccuracy of 5o. The ravens in the middle to the right, not the ones I'm firing.
Posted Image

Just occurred to me that I haven't posted the HellFire AA gun. Hm. Well here it is.
Posted Image

Simple definition. Big PD gun.
I'm slackin' today. Forgot to post this one too.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Spartan Jai : 05 May 2011 - 08:58 PM

Large 30-max passenger escape raft.
Posted Image

Interesting design. Is that supposed to be the standard escape pod or a special escape ship?

30-person capacity, built for ships bigger than a gunboat. Almost exclusively used on capital ships, provides comfort, food, and water for 15 people for up to a month. Carries basic thrusters for dodging asteroids and navigating to planets. Typically not seen on single person craft because of the size. And if you look at it, duh. Ehhhh, there's not a smaller one for civilian use. Military pilots (most) have a smaller one, but I haven't built it yet.

I just spent the last however many minutes getting this presentable, and this is the fighter escape pod.
Posted Image

@spartan-jai, on 09 May 2011 - 07:55 PM, said in Regenesis (Formerly Final Chance):

30-person capacity, built for ships bigger than a gunboat. Almost exclusively used on capital ships, provides comfort, food, and water for 15 people for up to a month. Carries basic thrusters for dodging asteroids and navigating to planets. Typically not seen on single person craft because of the size. And if you look at it, duh. Ehhhh, there's not a smaller one for civilian use. Military pilots (most) have a smaller one, but I haven't built it yet.

Doesn't quite answer my question. I'm assuming here you're going to have both a standard escape pod, and at least one escape ship. How else would you have both escape pod graphics? The engine only recognizes one 'escape pod' ship.

So my question is, which one is the 30-man pod; the escape pod, or the escape ship?

Escape ship. Part of why I mentioned the thrusters. I guess I was confused about the question. Mah bad.

Hmm. I just had a random thought. Is there a way to make projectiles shoot each other out of space? As in, if someone is shooting at me, and I shoot back, is it possible to make those projectiles collide without using a PD weapon?

Not as far as I know. I believe weapons, like ships, are incapable of hitting objects of the same type (e.g. ships can't hit ships, weapons can't hit weapons) with the exception of PD weapons and guided missiles being able to hit each other.

So theoretically you could make it so that you'd need a capital ship to have turrets, and crew members operate turrets without command, because that seems to be what should happen. And you could make all ships vulnerable to PD fire, which I believe they should've done in the stock scenario, because there is no reason a small gun can't shoot a big ship. Even if it doesn't hurt the big ship.

That's what I'm doing in HOTS. All turrets are PD, and all ships are vulnerable to PD. It also makes it easier to mount guns on larger, slower ships since your turrets will still fire even if you're not holding down 'fire'.

See, I always found it troublesome when I needed to fire my turrets at a hostile, but couldn't because my guns were facing a friendly and would hit them, potentially making them hostile (AI ships do turn randomly hostile even if you don't target them, but only if you hit them with a weapon that does enough damage in a single shot).

I'm also trying to make turret fire-rates and accuracy in HOTS similar to EVC and/or EVO. They looked best in those two, IMO.

I would absolutely agree, but my problem is, the turrets shooting at the huge thousand-meter-long battleship and do a great amount of damage, also shoot the small little missiles that really don't take a lot to put down. It goes against what I said, I know. Also, if I want to shoot my turrets myself, it would be awkward. What I usually do is shoot at an angle to my target so they build up and all of about ten-fifteen shots impact the target at the same time. I wouldn't be able to do that.