Regenesis (Formerly Final Chance)

Yup, it's a shän. shän 135 is pointing to an rlëD that doesn't exist. I'm 99% sure that's your problem. If it's not the base graphic, then it might be the engine glow or light graphic that's pointed wrong. Did you copy the Lightning's engine glow, too, or just the base? Did you change either rlëD's ID after copying and maybe forget to change the shän, as well?

@darthkev, on 03 March 2011 - 09:25 PM, said in Regenesis (Formerly Final Chance):

Yup, it's a shän. shän 135 is pointing to an rlëD that doesn't exist. I'm 99% sure that's your problem. If it's not the base graphic, then it might be the engine glow or light graphic that's pointed wrong. Did you copy the Lightning's engine glow, too, or just the base? Did you change either rlëD's ID after copying and maybe forget to change the shän, as well?

I just use the Edit Sprite button. I copied the actual shan to the file, and didn't delete it. I've barely got Regenesis standing on its own. Well, I am using Absolute Minimum, but it's goin'. Ah, it's exciting!

I know each government only has a certain amount of ships, and there are only three governments, but this is just too cool to not post. There's going to be an upstart government, and it has a fighter and a cruiser. The fighter is done, and looks cool, not quite happy with the cruiser, but I have a picture.
Cruiser:
Posted Image

Fighter:
Posted Image

Rebellion's Shipyards RRM-4 Prototype Light Fighter
The RRM-4 is a relatively new fighter, brought into action by the upstart Rebellion government against The New Order. Equipped with a prototype cloak, a new fast-jump close jump hyperdrive, and new prototype beam weapons. While relatively new, it is still behind The New Order's jamming powers and shielding capabilities, relying on heavy armor and its cloak to survive.

Posted Image

The bottom of the barrel is intersecting the hull. You may want to set the cylinder axis parallel to the hull below it, or shorten the barrel altogether if its aligned with something else already.

This post has been edited by LNSU : 04 March 2011 - 10:25 AM

@lnsu, on 04 March 2011 - 10:25 AM, said in Regenesis (Formerly Final Chance):

The bottom of the barrel is intersecting the hull. You may want to set the cylinder axis parallel to the hull below it, or shorten the barrel altogether if its aligned with something else already.

Hmm. You are right. I'll have to fix that... Speaking of fixing things, nobody decided to mention that I had spelled Regenesis wrong on the first title. Actually, how can I spell it wrong if it's not a word to begin with? Ah well.

Since I'm still frustrated over shans, I decided to start more outfit graphics. Because I was annoyed with separate sensor outfits in Nova, this radar system shows size and current attitude towards the player.
Posted Image

Just throwing intro music ideas out there. The mood of the TC is a little lighter than others (strange huh) and the music is too. I shied away from the heavy intense electrical and the intense orchestral music and went with a clean electric sound. Stole a rhythm from Shipwrecked project. Gets a little rough at some points. Made in Garageband. Doesn't sound bad for 3 in the morning. http://dl.dropbox.co...2/Regenesis.mp3
Okay. There we go. Need as much negative feedback as possible.

This post has been edited by Spartan Jai : 07 March 2011 - 09:10 PM

Interesting, Jai. A little choppy, though.

Up until about a minute into it, it sounded like something you'd hear as the theme to some really old video game. You know, the ones with 8-bit graphics and were either 2D side-scrolling or 2D top-down. That kind of thing. After the first minute, though, it took on elements foreign to that age of gaming, and to me it didn't quite sound right. I believe it has promise, it just needs some tweaking.

@starsword, on 01 April 2011 - 05:50 PM, said in Regenesis (Formerly Final Chance):

Interesting, Jai. A little choppy, though.

Definitely choppy, but I've made a few adjustments. I'll finish that And post in about two weeks. Going away for a little while.

Haven't really worked on the music, I'm still doing graphics. Results:
An explosion from illustrator that I've barely started:
Posted Image

Turrets:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Outfit:
Posted Image

Complex Targeting Sensor System
This isn't the actual definition, but there's going to be two of every weapon. All will be slightly inaccurate. Buying this triggers the bit that hides those, and activates the bit that shows the copy that has an inaccuracy value of 0.

This is a battery that I came up with about five minutes ago. Pretty heavy duty.
Posted Image

Tan-X 32" Slug Battery
This heavy duty batter is mounted on newer Tan-X ships. Firing 1-ton slugs out of a 32" barrel, this battery is commonly placed as planet defense systems, typically more than one. Popular because of its three barrels and high fire rate, this weapon is expected to become a classic in the Tan-X Empire's legacy.

@spartan-jai, on 01 May 2011 - 04:14 PM, said in Regenesis (Formerly Final Chance):

Complex Targeting Sensor System
This isn't the actual definition, but there's going to be two of every weapon. All will be slightly inaccurate. Buying this triggers the bit that hides those, and activates the bit that shows the copy that has an inaccuracy value of 0.

That sounds pretty awesome, but what about the weapons the ship already has installed? They'll remain the inaccurate ones.

@templar98921, on 02 May 2011 - 03:48 AM, said in Regenesis (Formerly Final Chance):

That sounds pretty awesome, but what about the weapons the ship already has installed? They'll remain the inaccurate ones.

Ah! A complication! I actually have no idea. Hmm. I'll have to rethink that. I'll take a look at that real quick.

Oookay. I'm open to suggestions. :despair

This post has been edited by Spartan Jai : 02 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

I have a civilian projectile weapon. Yes, another.
Posted Image

Ammo:
Posted Image

@spartan-jai, on 02 May 2011 - 02:29 PM, said in Regenesis (Formerly Final Chance):

Ah! A complication! I actually have no idea. Hmm. I'll have to rethink that. I'll take a look at that real quick.

Oookay. I'm open to suggestions. :despair

You add a note saying that the upgrade can only be installed on new turrets, as installed turrets cannot be modified without removal from the ship.

Or you use a really complicated counter and item-swap system, but it will eat resources. I could write one up if you wish, I can't estimate how many resources it will use. Your choice.

@lnsu, on 02 May 2011 - 08:16 PM, said in Regenesis (Formerly Final Chance):

You add a note saying that the upgrade can only be installed on new turrets, as installed turrets cannot be modified without removal from the ship.

Or you use a really complicated counter and item-swap system, but it will eat resources. I could write one up if you wish, I can't estimate how many resources it will use. Your choice.

I'm going to be using a lot of resources anyway, so I'll pass. Thanks for the offer, but I'm not sure how it would work with a few other things I have planned. Ominous, isn't it?
Graphics wise, I made this reactor:
Posted Image

@spartan-jai, on 02 May 2011 - 09:12 PM, said in Regenesis (Formerly Final Chance):

I'm going to be using a lot of resources anyway, so I'll pass. Thanks for the offer, but I'm not sure how it would work with a few other things I have planned. Ominous, isn't it?
Graphics wise, I made this reactor:
Posted Image

Shrink the angle on the front tube to 180, and adjust the radius so it still lines up with the right side tube. A curve like you have means the engineer was sloppy.

Even better, rotate the front tube in the vertical viewer-facing plane down so it hits the side tube flush without the need for the 90-deg in the side tube.

This post has been edited by LNSU : 02 May 2011 - 11:39 PM

It doesn't sit flush with the side because it isn't supposed to. Here's a view from the side and why it is shaped as such.
Posted Image

More Weapons. This is a crazy one. I've done some raven rocket editing in the actual Nova scenario, and I've developed this.
Posted Image

You're probably going, that is a loooooot of guns, and it is. This weapon fires in waves, so it makes it a great anti-fighter weapon, provided that you can turn fast. It doesn't submunition, you just have, all together now, sixteen barrels that fire simultaneously, provided that your ship can fit all sixteen. Capital ships will, freighters might hold a few, but most won't hold any. It fires, and the shots spread out. And those shots create a wall that fighters don't fly around. Provided the nickname, "the Wall".

This little thing is what's mounted on some civvy freighters.
Posted Image

Acts kind of like a stellar grenade launcher, except heavy and painful.