New Wraith Plug-In

Just an update:

Progress is being made, we have missions, weapons and new ships (though we need graphics). Programming and story are moving along well. IF anyone has some graphics however that they wish to share let us know.

Here's a content preview for one of the new weapons:

"The Hyperspace Distortion Torpedo is the most ingenious weapon ever developed by the Wraith and was discovered quite by accident when a young Wraith attempted to tunnel through hyperspace too near the solar system core. The strong gravity around the planet restrained the Wraith from entering hyperspace but still allowed the formation of a hyperspace bubble. Through minimal telekinetic prompting by the Wraith, the weapon can track targets with pinpoint accuracy and with immunity to any known countermeasure system. The torpedo itself accelerates the matter of whatever it impacts directly into hyperspace. This has a tendency to leave large holes in enemy ships, or marauding Ymene and Swarm. To top it off, it is completely invisible to the naked eye and very hard to detect in any way."

Nice, keep up the good work! Hope you find some graphics that people wouldn't mind you using...

Hey guys.

We've made a lot of progress on the plug. We have about 30 missions and I plan on doing a bunch more. I like long stories 🙂 Our gameplay and weapons are in place and we have only one thing that we really need!

So... Anyone willing/able to do some graphic design? We need about 10 new ships and maybe some new weapons graphics. Please let me know! This is the only thing that we really need so if you have any ideas let me know. I might post a new topic for graphic designers. Right now we are using EV original graphics for the ships... not ideal.

Thanks!

Here's one of our mission texts as a preview:

Having only fought Swarm before, you were terrified at the power of the Ymene. They showed no mercy, gave no quarter and seemed fearless. On top of it all they were armed to the teeth and you saw many Wraith fall to their weapons. You only survived through agile flight, quick cloaking and an elegant battle plan. You fly through the surface of the planet where medics are treating the innumerable injured Wraith. With sadness you see that civilians were not spared and a great number of your people were captured and eaten alive by the Ymene. The warriors you meet all greet you with respect and not a little awe for your combat skills.

"<PN>? I am Mi'Ko the High Protector of Hot'A'Tanius and Admiral of the Hot'A'Tanius fleet." You bow your head to Admiral Mi'Ko. "Thank you for your respect <PN>," he continues, "but I'm afraid that I hold this title merely because all of my superiors were either killed or eaten in the assault." Mi'Ko restrains the immense sadness you can feel weighing his mind. "It won't be long before the Ymene return, <PN>, and I'm afraid we cannot survive another direct assault. According to my communications with Three, H'Nor cannot send more than a few soldiers to our aid. Twelve Hyperoids are coming to help defend the system, and a troop of five Sayle are joining you to go out and recon the enemy position. We believe that the Ymene have retreated to feed on the captured civilians and we hope that they will be weakened by their feeding frenzy. Your mission is to join the Sayle and see if you can kill the three remaining Ymene in the adjacent systems. I believe your friend T'Nya, who is now a youth herself, will be joining you." He begins to turn away. "Oh and <PN>, you saved my life out there and I intend to return the favor someday. Good luck."

You depart the atmosphere of your ravaged homeworld and wait for T'Nya and the Sayle in the system. Your revenge will be quick and devastating.

Wow i when you announced this project i thought just another stupid wraith plugin but this has potential to be among the ARPIA and anathema level storylines. I hope to play it someday keep up the good work.

Still sounds VERY interesting and I'm still waiting on this plug to come out!~ 😃

I got one piece of crit for the last writing...

"You fly through the surface of the planet where medics are treating the innumerable injured Wraith."

So wraith fly through the outer crusts of planets and live inside them in the magma? If Wraith live inside planets why wouldn't the swarm be attacking humans as they are easily picked off from the outside of planets? I just think you need to revise that statement to be a little more specific / obvious what you are saying. Very interesting story, though. Keep it up!

sigh Gas giants. You'd think people would be a little more thoughtful of other cultures in this day and age 😉

Yea, gas giants my friend. I might make that more explicit however. But when you land on the planet it will clearly be a gas giant.

So, anyone willing to help with graphics? We have almost all the missions done and the plug is coming along well programming wise we just need graphics!!!!

So... please help. If you know anyone, or have some graphics we could use that would be great. Otherwise you are gonna be fighting alongside Miranu couriers...

If you'll accept "recycled" graphics made by taking existing gas giant graphics and using color/rotate/layering effects, then I might be able to whip something up that at least looks unique. I have absolutely no ability to create great graphics from scratch, but I'm pretty good at editing stuff already made to make something "new".

I would be fine with that for the planet graphics, thanks.

However, we still need someone who can create original graphics, as we need at least 5 new ships and some weapon and shipyard graphics.

EDIT: Oh, and the graphic I used was a Miranu Gunship, not courier 😉

This post has been edited by Jalisurr : 14 January 2009 - 11:28 AM

Ah yes, the Miranu Gunship. Second to only the Zidara in its deadliness-to-humorous ratio. 😉

I am not only more than willing to help, I would really quite like to help. I have no ability to create any graphics of any kind. However, I'm a fair writer, and can program just about anything and everything you want me to. If you need to contact me, either do so through PMs, or, if you mange to catch me on aim, that would be best. You're best bet however, is via PMs.

This post has been edited by Jean-Luc Picard : 14 January 2009 - 10:47 PM

Just an update here. Missions are nearing completion but we still need some new graphics for ships. Things are really coming together and working well. When its at a playable stage I'll post here for people interested in beta testing or adding further ideas. Jean Luc has already agreed to help but we could always use a few more beta testers and people for ideas.

Again, if you can make ship graphics please let me know. Or let me know where I can get some cheap software to make them on my own.

QUOTE (Geek @ Jan 14 2009, 05:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you'll accept "recycled" graphics made by taking existing gas giant graphics and using color/rotate/layering effects, then I might be able to whip something up that at least looks unique. I have absolutely no ability to create great graphics from scratch, but I'm pretty good at editing stuff already made to make something "new".

Geek- we are going to make two new Wraith ships to be on par with the other best ships in the game. I imagine them to be variations of the wraith adult. I'll send you a PM - see if you are interested in adapting a few ships and planet designs.

This looks like a wicked plug! I love the wraith... Do you have any idea when it will be finished? or how far it's completed?

Thanks!

We have got most of the missions down (about 33), and several new outfits, planets and ships completed.

The only thing which we really need before we release a beta is ship graphics. As a percentage, I would say we are about 50-60% of the way to a final release.

ETA: This year.

This post has been edited by Jalisurr : 04 March 2009 - 08:13 PM

The script will be finalized by monday and then all we will need is GRAPHICS. Anyone have some graphics skills?

Seriously. We have more than 4 new ships that have no graphics (more specifically, ones stolen from EVC). We also need planetary landing graphics, and a couple of others.

Beyond that, I'm expecting that we should be able to start beta by September.

Do you need any edited Wraith sprites?

Yes. We need sprites for the two new types of wraith that we have created.

I have an idea for some graphics you can use for the Ymene, Sayle, and maybe even the swarm! The best part is you don't need to ask the creator for permission first! Meowx has a shipyard and has already said anyone can use his stuff as long as they credit him. Here's a link to the page with his graphics sets. I suggest the Raptor, Hook, and OneRing sets. You can also look through his singles for some alien-looking graphics.

Glad to help, and I really hope this gets finished!

This post has been edited by darthkev : 08 January 2010 - 02:34 AM