Different Kind of TC

I realize that you didn't write that book. I meant if I can find a place for it. Personally, I'd use it as a cargo transporter, but it also could be outfitted with bays and be a carrier. I'll try to make a parachute escape pod in a little while.

QUOTE (Spartan Jai @ Aug 24 2010, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I realize that you didn't write that book. I meant if I can find a place for it. Personally, I'd use it as a cargo transporter, but it also could be outfitted with bays and be a carrier. I'll try to make a parachute escape pod in a little while.

You could even change the text to something cool like:

After days of floating aimlessly in the wide open, empty seas you are spotted by a fellow pilot, and he kindly comes too rescue you. After several months of working various odd jobs you scratch together enough credits to by a new plane.

That sounds great! Unfortunately, school started today, so I'm not gonna be able to work on it a lot.

I think that you should reconsider space pirates, with solar-sail ships and planets of gold. There's this crappy animated film called "treasure planet" you could borrow concepts from.

EVN isn't the best engine to work on these other games with.

Please forgive me if I sound harsh. This total conversion was meant to be different than anything else made. If I were to make it a space game, it would be just like the other total conversions out there, which was not the point of this project or thread. And planets made of gold? What? Solid gold? Not possible, and if a human made it, then it would still be unlivible.

QUOTE (Spartan Jai @ Aug 26 2010, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And planets made of gold? What? Solid gold? Not possible, and if a human made it, then it would still be unlivible.

You've never seen Disney's Treasure Planet, have you? It's a fairly old movie now, but it's also a remake of an even older movie called Treasure Island. It's basically pirates in space with ships that look like sea ships but fly in space. Physics were really thrown out the window there.

To be honest with you, I haven't. It's probably a classic. Maybe. I'm not a big TV/Movie person. I don't like sitting around doing nothing like that. My hands need to be able to do something, so I never have the patience.

All right, still working out some major bugs in the escape parachute, but here's what it looks like next to a custom Rebel Viper of mine...

Not too shabby. It'll probably look better over the blue ocean background once you get that far.

** Edit:** Oh, and I suggest painting it grey. Dunno why, I just think a grey parachute might look better.

This post has been edited by DarthKev : 30 August 2010 - 09:22 PM

I agree. Unfortunately, it is gray. Just not dark enough gray. I also need to size it down a little. It's as big as Mars.

So I was listening to the Shipwrecked Project music from Polycon, and there's a guy talking in the background. So I tried to figure out what he says, and I did have some luck. At some point he says, "We have the technology to make the world something something something" And that gave me a setup idea. Because of the name of the song I figured, "What if the word 'Project' was in what he was saying" So another basis of the 'flooded planet' is having some guy of power and authority and wealth turning the world into his pet project. Don't know exactly how I'd make that story watertight, but it could work. Just adding to the list. By the way, I'm trying to make the parachute graphic 3d, but I can't make it bend, like a parachute, with it looking like, umm, scoops? I don't know how to put it. And, it keeps 'sploding.

Could you post some screenshots of what you've got so far on the parachute so we can see what you mean? As for the parachutes spontaneously combusting, did you set the armour of the escape pod ship to 1 or 0? If 0, then that's why it's exploding. If you did set it to 1, then I'm not sure what could be the cause.

QUOTE (Spartan Jai @ Sep 17 2010, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So I was listening to the Shipwrecked Project music from Polycon, and there's a guy talking in the background. So I tried to figure out what he says, and I did have some luck. At some point he says, "We have the technology to make the world something something something"

The Polycon Intro music has dialogue from the intro to "The Six Million Dollar Man" running under the music, so the words you're hearing are "We have the technology; We have the capability to make the worlds first bionic man."

If you're going for a post WWII atmosphere, don't forget to add planes with jet engines; the Germans had developed some by 1945.

Also, you may want to let the tsunamis be non-damageable pers ships with a spob and ship-damaging beam, each with a range of 1, and give the spobs a regen rate to keep them in condition. The tsunamis should be fairly rare in most places, however.

Screenshots won't be possible. Can't explain. Oryhara, that's a pretty cool idea. And thanks for telling me what the music says, Eugene. Anyway, the parachute launches, screen fades and comes back, and then you splode.
spelled Eugene wrong. Oops.

This post has been edited by Spartan Jai : 20 September 2010 - 05:16 PM

Oh, then the escape pod isn't exploding, shïp 128 is. You didn't alter that resource in any way, did you?

No, I have the escape pod (parachute) set the EXACT SAME STATS/Bits that the escape pod has, including the ID 895. The screen fades, new dialog pops up, and when it comes pack you're hovering over some random planet and you instantly explode.

Well something is wrong. Do you have any other plug-ins loaded or just your escape parachute thing? Also, you don't need to edit the escape pod outfit nor the escape pod ship resources. Just the rlëD and the shän. My best guess is you missed something when editing the resources. Try taking the shïp and oütf resources out of the plug-in, leaving only the rlëD and shän resources.

So something is wrong with ship 128. It doesn't have any armor or something.

@jalisurr, on Sep 23 2010, 07:09 PM, said in Different Kind of TC:

So something is wrong with ship 128. It doesn't have any armor or something.

As I remember from Ashen Galaxy, you couldn't sell your escape pod or your auto eject. If you died it was a pain because you had to go through the whole eject sequence, a little note, and then you had to wait for the shuttle you were put in to explode. The reason the shuttle kept exploding is because it lacked shields. Apparently Nova doesn't like that for some reason, or it doesn't like gray shirt ninja. Anyway, I'm assuming that since your going with a whole plane thing you didn't give any of your new ships shields right?

This post has been edited by ReclusiveOne : 23 September 2010 - 08:09 PM