Graphical Help for EV: Eon

@reinierk, on Jan 23 2008, 03:26 AM, said in Graphical Help for EV: Eon:

Lunarcell is fine if you really want, but might I suggest still going for a convincible look?
Clouds are genreally pretty 'soft', although you can have large contrasts in them, they never look 'jagged'...

Also: land masses aren't too bumpy when looking from space and you might want to add some color variation to generate different climates...

Just my ideas 😉

So basically after lunarcell...
Filters>Blur>Blur more

🙂

!#$!@#$! it, I wish I had lunarcell!!

@shlimazel, on Jan 23 2008, 01:06 PM, said in Graphical Help for EV: Eon:

!#$!@#$! it, I wish I had lunarcell!!

yes you do.

What the heck?

Anyways, you're saying blur it a little to make it more realistic.... ok....

Well if this isn't in the early stages of vaporware, then I would be happy to help with graphics. Don't sign me onto the team or anything, but PM me some ideas or something and I'll see what I can do with Photoshop. If you like it, you can keep it and I'll do some more. If you don't like it, fine, whatever. I would prefer to do landscape pictures, outfit pictures, and other things that I won't need to replicate a billion times to make a sprite grid, but whatever you need I'm willing to try. Also, will you be doing ship banking effects? I think it's a lot of work, but totally worth it for a good TC.

@yamfries, on Jan 21 2008, 02:23 PM, said in Graphical Help for EV: Eon:

ALTHOUGH: Bryce 5 has now been released as freeware.

Thanks for the info about Bryce 5. I was about to install Bryce 4 on my PC from the dual (PC/Mac) CD that I bought long ago when I read your message. A quick trip to Download.com fixed me up with Bryce 5.5 which has some interesting improvements over version 4. Getting the thing registered was a bit of a runaround but the program is well worth it.

Thanks again!

z

Blender is actually a really good program. It's fairly complicated, but nothing next to Flash. You have no conception of the word complicated until you've seen and tried Adobe Flash. (Twitch, twitch) I prefer Google Sketchup, personally, but that's got its own share of problems. No rendering, limited texturing, no radiosity, etc. I'm working on figuring out Blender, though, and it's really cool. Probably, if I can, I'll just use Blender for texturing and rendering. If I can figure a way to export them, that is. But guys, don't say that Blender sucks until you really try it.

Is Blender 3D?

Blender is a free, cross-platform 3-d modeling program. It's what you see a lot of the really good ships and outfits made in.

Blender can also be very difficult unless you have a lot of time and skill. I wouldn't recommend it for the average beginner.

It is a bit more complicated than the intro level modelers. I'm not enormously fond of the interface, but the tools are quite nice.