I'm Working on a new side string

@wonderboy, on Jul 6 2006, 07:42 PM, said in I'm Working on a new side string:

So I can't make nova use a spin for the stars? Darn

Well, you can try using an animated gif 😄

@wonderboy, on Jul 6 2006, 07:42 PM, said in I'm Working on a new side string:

The mission I made so far as a first thing for me doesn't work correctly. It is set to have a random return stellar but it has it as the original.

hmm, chagne the misn again and double check all the values. If you have em teh way theyre supposed to be. Save it and then remove the plugins from your nova plugin folder. Then run nova. This will clear the "temp" files, resetting nova. After nova boots up quit it and then you can put all the plugins you like in there. Its just if a plug is modified, nova wont recognize the difference very well, even if you start a new pilot. The same thing was happening to me and it is also why my missions werent showing up.

For some odd reason, when i type in <RSY> or <RST>, when i read it in NOVA is says (error)...anyone know why?

This post has been edited by chronodrago : 07 July 2006 - 09:28 AM

@wonderboy, on Jul 7 2006, 06:41 AM, said in I'm Working on a new side string:

Can a outf be multiple weapons?

@chronodrago, on Jul 7 2006, 10:06 AM, said in I'm Working on a new side string:

I think you can, it would be just like a outfit that gives multiple advantages.

Or to put it another way: no, you can't. In fact, the Nova Bible (if you'd care to read it) specifically forbids the use of ModTypes 2 to 4 for weapons or ammo.

Well, out of curiosity, I did it anyway. It just had the ModType 1 as the weap and ignores the others. And I don't read the Nova Bible as it is not a book, I believe it to be more of a reference guide. Sence the stars are a spin, why don't they do such in space?

This post has been edited by WonderBoy : 07 July 2006 - 05:55 PM

@wonderboy, on Jul 8 2006, 08:54 AM, said in I'm Working on a new side string:

I believe it to be more of a reference guide.

As in, a sort of "if all else fails, read the manual" thing? Not a good way of doing things. If you do it like that, you'll spend all day running around trying to figure out why the game crashes, only to discover that it's something already covered in the Nova Bible.

Not like that. EVNEW has more or less incorperated the bible into itself. I only read the bible if the definition in EVNEW is unclear or EVNEW says to see the bible.

Any one know why the stars are a spin?

@wonderboy, on Jul 7 2006, 04:50 PM, said in I'm Working on a new side string:

I only read the bible if the definition in EVNEW is unclear or EVNEW says to see the bible.

Still a bad idea. At least once, you should read through the whole Bible, because I am sure that EVNEW does not include the whole thing. At the very least, EVNEW has it in so many scattered locations that you will probably never find all of it.

@wonderboy, on Jul 7 2006, 04:50 PM, said in I'm Working on a new side string:

Any one know why the stars are a spin?

Because that's a very convenient way to tell Nova how many frames there are in the star sprite sheet, and how big each frame is (and before you get your hopes up, each star uses one-and-only-one frame).

Edwards

Ahh, well, I have begun to read the Bible. I know I shuld try to read it all in one go, but its not that interesting to me Posted Image, and I don't have that long of an attention span <_<

@wonderboy, on Jul 6 2006, 10:42 PM, said in I'm Working on a new side string:

• Modeling in Wings 3D. I have heard about color it in, I have seen screen shots of wings with color, How do I do that? Is is a plug-in for Wings?

It's part of the default application: Windows –> Palette.

Ah! Thank you so much, kitkut!