Rigante

FedKiller, on Jan 16 2006, 02:20 AM, said:

Sounds like the Wild Geese with Rebel Tech...
View Post

A similiar character, yes. Rebel tech, no 😉

Okay, i'd like to give you all a few links to let you know of the plug-in's progress etc. So you may be informed on the latest without me having to post here as well as on e-nova.net and the Outpost forums.

The Outpost - Website

The Outpost - Temporary Forums

ev-nova.net - Progress Log!

Thanks, Ravenheart 😉

This sounds neat. I will play it if/when it is released. Best of luck to you!

Do you have an estimated release date? Or are you not quite as far as I pictured?

Rameretz, on Feb 12 2006, 05:36 AM, said:

Do you have an estimated release date? Or are you not quite as far as I pictured?
View Post

I'm guessing it will be ready in another month or two, rmx will be modelling some ship graphics (yes, totally new graphics people! :D) once I e-mail him the initial ideas and sketches, and I am getting stuck into the storyline at the moment. Then once all of that is finished, a final bulk of testing will be taken up before the final release 😉

My only concern is that Arpia II will wash away Rigante if released at a similar time, so i am hoping to finish before doom literally encapsulates the plug-in 🙂

&nbsp

This post has been edited by rmx256 : 12 February 2006 - 11:25 AM

Ah good. Seeing as my computer is incapable of playing Nova as it is, and that within the month I am getting a G5, that timing is alright.

rmx256, on Feb 12 2006, 03:25 PM, said:

&nbsp
View Post

What does that mean?

Excuse my ignorance, i'm not the nerd you may assume i am.;)

I say it's short for NoobSpelling!

Rameretz, on Feb 12 2006, 04:23 PM, said:

I say it's short for NoobSpelling!
View Post

Hmmm...

...why the unexplainable randomness? :blink:

Flees the scene

Nonbreaking space in hypertext markup language not rendered as such on Invision Power Board followed by post edited message.

Qaanol, on Feb 12 2006, 07:24 PM, said:

Nonbreaking space in hypertext markup language not rendered as such on Invision Power Board followed by post edited message.
View Post

Oh thanks, like that's really going to help.

Look, i'm new here, please don't be so rude and inconsiderate as to block up my topic with crap. And though it may not seem like crap to you, by no means should you worsen the situation by further teasing me because i cannot understand nerd-speak. It is just damn offensive.

Got it?

Good, now, moving on...

This post has been edited by Ravenheart : 12 February 2006 - 03:46 PM

Ravenheart, on Feb 12 2006, 08:19 AM, said:

What does that mean?View Post

is the HTML code for a n on- b reaking sp ace, a character often used in tables to create an empty cell- if you leave the cell blank or put in a normal space, it will not show up. rmx256 used it here with the same meaning: "This is an empty post, but the forum won't accept a blank or white-space-only post". As Qaanol said, these boards don't render HTML codes, so the post was left with a random-looking code in it. This may well have been exactly what rmx was intending when he edited out whatever his previous message was.

Anyway, if I haven't said so already, this looks like an interesting plug, and I look forward to playing it!

Edwards

Rik is having a bad day and has again edited a post that should not have been made. All apologies. He will likely refrain from posting any thing again for some time now in frustration.

This post has been edited by rmx256 : 12 February 2006 - 06:00 PM

rmx, i'm preparing almost a little portfolio for you. It should give you the finest of details when comes the time to model these ships. In total, there are 7 or so ships inside, with many angles and views for reference. I have some written notes too, so that if possible, you can make these ships a whole lot more detailed 😉

Sounds very cool, Ravenheart, looking forward to it.

Edwards, on Feb 12 2006, 03:46 PM, said:

rmx256 used it here with the same meaning: "This is an empty post, but the forum won't accept a blank or white-space-only post".
View Post

Actually it will. Just enclose a space in a bold or italic code and the boards will let you make the post.

This post has been edited by Mispeled : 14 February 2006 - 05:39 PM

Thanks mispeled 😉

Anyway, good news guys.

I am moving hosts in a few days or so (could be a week though). Due to insanely expensive hosts for hardly any features. The new host boasts more space, bandwidth, databases etc. So that should all be good.

Also, it will come with 10 or so sub-domains. This means that i will be developing two mini-sites, one for Rigante, and one for NTNG. But that's not all chaps. The remaining sub-domains i am willing to lend to any serious developers who need proper webspace. You will have to design your own website and all, yet i will be paying for the space on your behalf. I can even set up (proper) forums for you if you like.

If you are (seriously) interested, please e-mail me concerning the content of this website, and what you aim to do with it in the future etc. No jokes guys, this is my money on the line.

Anyway, moving away from the web aspect of the Outpost, Rigante is taking a major leap in development after our decision to abandon the mere variant graphics of before. rmx and I will be designing and constructing the ship graphics over the next few months or so. Yet we will also be dropping all stock Nova weapons, weapon graphics and possibly weapons sounds for those of our own. Also, i will be doing planetary graphics.

Call it a semi-TC if you like, this move will hopefully make Rigante a unique and quality plug 🙂

I shall be doing the weapons, their graphics and possibly their sounds (learning all along the way :)). If you want to see a couple of ideas i have already sketched up for the plug-in's future development, consult the official Outpost forums for more information 😉

Just to let the extra-Outpost-forums public know 😉

I should really post more updates here...

This post has been edited by Ravenheart : 17 February 2006 - 06:17 PM

Good! I am glad all is going well.

Alrighty, i think that to simplify the act of actually finding out what Rigante is all about - i have added a page at the Outpost describing simplisticly the realities, future, expectations and features Rigante boasts. So anyone who is a little clueless as to what it's all about - click below:

http://www.silentout...gante/index.htm

Also, the brand new Outpost forums are up! You may discuss Rigante, NTNG and explore the weird and wonderful world of the Warrior's Lounge...(basically, a place with funny people in it :p) And no, this place isn't dead - The old forums had 36 members, and had posted over 4000 posts in total over a month or two. Link below:

http://www.silentoutpost.net/forums/

This post has been edited by Ravenheart : 23 March 2006 - 05:52 PM