Rigante

Umm, JavaScript and JAVA are entirely different things :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Ravenheart : 22 April 2006 - 07:09 AM

Got my scanner fixed, so the Images section of the Rigante Mini-site has been updated with a few concept naval sketches. Not much, but i'll be getting more on soon ๐Ÿ™‚

Rigante Mini-Site

rmx256, i'll be sending you much more detailed accounts of each sketch, with further diagrams, explanations etc. for your modelling reference soon.

For some reason I just love this little buggy.

@kitkut, on May 6 2006, 12:11 PM, said in Rigante:

For some reason I just love this little buggy.

Heh, the most menacing of the fleet, the Hurricane ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm afraid I could be dropping the design, after some discussion at the Outpost Forums. We have come to the conclusion that this fast, devastating dive-bomber be given a sharper, more boxy look.

It looks like a beetle. :laugh:

@lord-rama, on May 6 2006, 06:23 PM, said in Rigante:

It looks like a beetle. :laugh:

Thanks for that massively intellectual contribution to the conversation Crimpy ๐Ÿ˜‰

You're welcome. ๐Ÿ˜›

This post has been edited by The CrimpMaster : 10 May 2006 - 12:38 PM

Sorry guys, I've got some important exams coming up, I need more time to revise and thus Rigante progress has been temporarily halted.

Sorry, Tom Bruce-Clayton, Lead Developer.

KupO.o, what the heck just happened to the Outpost forum? It looks like half of everything just got purged to death. According to it, my account had never existed or got deleted.

@coraxus, on Jun 2 2006, 03:49 AM, said in Rigante:

KupO.o, what the heck just happened to the Outpost forum? It looks like half of everything just got purged to death. According to it, my account had never existed or got deleted.

Yes, I'm afraid the Outpost Forums died rather unexpectedly. They are back up however, we've had to start from scratch, sorry about this.

Outpost Forums

I really don't know how to put this, other than, Rigante development is going to have to stop indefinetly.

I want to look into the future and say to myself, this plug is going somewehere. That's what I did say, back in November 2005, when my worries were far far away.

School has overwhelmed my life, I hardly have the time to sit down and do any proper work on the plug-in, and I just have the feeling that I've lost it. I have many more responsibilities to tend to, and Rigante has slowly been pushed from my list of priorities to the bottom.

However sad it is, with the upcoming year of my final GCSE coursework and exams I'm afraid I wont' have the time in the future either. It's become a pretty huge project, and even with the help of the development team, I simply can't find the time to support it's development.

But please remember, it's the little things that I can fit in. I'm still available as a web designer and graphics man if you need a hand with any plug-ins/websites/forum management for any small projects out there.

NTNG will probably continue in development for v1.1, although it's sister project will not continue. The Outpost Forums will also probably be closed down shortly with the stoppage of Rigante Development.

Once more you have my sincerest apologies for the death of the plug-in.

Yours faithfully, Tom Bruce-Clayton.

Aaaah. Too bad.

Aw ######.

Yes, that's all I can say right now.

Rigante went Vapourwareย™? wilts

Arrgh, this totally blows.

Makes me glad that I never recieved the concept art.
Seriously.

๐Ÿ˜ฎ

That concept art sits about half a metre away from me right now, I might submit it publicly so modellers can make use of the designs some day.