Wave of Destruction, Ch. 8-10

Two reasons I have postponed this post.
1. Doesn't look like anyone will read it
2. I just plain hoped it wouldn't get to this.

Now, unless 3 people post, myself and Carno excluded, this post stays.

During the last week and a half, there has been ONE post, and it was carno- a mod. I refuse to waste my and carno's time on a lost cause, so this story is officially closed.
No finale.
No closure.
No sequel.

Wave of Destruction is officially closed.

ye bastards.

------------------
"I dont follow the crowd.. I stand and make fun of all the people walking in a straight line." ~A. Rickman
"....This is only what I think. We can't in a million years guess what goes on in the snarling, churning bowels of Red's head."
~ESPilot

Originally posted by -REDCHIGH-:
During the last week and a half, there has been ONE post, and it was carno- a mod. I refuse to waste my and carno's time on a lost cause, so this story is officially closed.
No finale.
No closure.
No sequel.

Wave of Destruction is officially closed.

As I told Carno in IM, I have an idea for my character encountering a slug in the Poch system. His response was that only mods control slugs, and only the Attar can kill them.
I'm a minor character; if the major ones aren't participating, then I guess this topic should be closed.
Too bad - I enjoy writing and creating characters that interact, I don't particularly care if the scenario map isn't the latest, greatest game version.

------------------
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the most discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it!) but 'That's funny...'"
--Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by mamajama:
**As I told Carno in IM, I have an idea for my character encountering a slug in the Poch system. His response was that only mods control slugs, and only the Attar can kill them.

MOD: Actually, no, I just said that the Attar were better at killing them than all the other aliens. 🙂

---------------

Poch System

A derelict Miranu Heavy Frieghter floated about the system, completely disabled. Its crew could do nothing, not even send out a distress call. Why? They were all either unconscious or dead, and all of them were slowly being eaten alive by slug larvae.

The ship had been attacked en-route to Poch, dozens of slugs eating their way through the hull and laying larva inside the brains of their victims. Many crewmembers had even been eaten by large adult slugs, who needed nutrition to help lay more and more larvae.

As the slug larvae slowly ate out the brains of their victims, then moving to the other internal organs, there was only one crewman who was able to get away from the slugs. He sent out a distress signal, then was eaten alive by a large adult slug...

(Message to Miranu)
(Emergency Level)
(From: Heavy Frieghter Sanvul )
(Help! We are under attack! We are under attack... Help.... us....)
(Message Unexpectedly Terminated)

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:

(Message to Miranu)
(Emergency Level)
(From: Heavy Frieghter Sanvul )
(Help! We are under attack! We are under attack... Help.... us....)
(Message Unexpectedly Terminated)

Mamajama, in the FosterÂ’s Revenge , roared into the Himgro system. The com satellite which Admiral Benden had placed was still rattling off Miranu history. She listened for a moment to the preamble to the centuries-long Trade Wars saga, and sighed. _What a lot of bloodshed over market share(i/) she thought. Then, she attempted to contact the members of her fleet. All were either in the system, or guarding the Poch homeworld. Zura, on the old Crescent Warship Staying Power in the Poch system, had an odd report:

<TRANSMISSION>
TO: Mamajama, FosterÂ’s Revenge
Mamajama, the heavy freighter (i)Sanvul_ sent out a distress call an hour ago. Then, when we came to investigate, there was no response. Human lifesigns on the ship are fading, and it appears there was some catastrophe onboard. There are other weird lifesigns, both inside and on the outside of the shipÂ’s hull. WeÂ’re preparing to board and investigate. OK with you?

<END TRANSMISSION>

Mamajama frowned. More weird aliens. Great. She transmitted, "Proceed with caution. Send a shuttle, with 4 people in powersuits. Keep your ship at a distance. There may be some kind of plague or biological agent on board. Try to get some video of whatever is on the shipÂ’s hull. I'll be there as soon as possible." Then she turned again to her coms officer.

"Send a message to the Admiral. Tell him of the problem in Poch, and that I intend to investigate."

OOC: I emailed Shade and Admiral Benden. If some of the major players care enough to do it, we can keep this thing going. If not, oh well.

------------------
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the most discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it!) but 'That's funny...'"
--Isaac Asimov

I haven't been posting because noone's posted anything I can reply to; as soon as there's something to do, I'll do it.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/shades_shipyard")Shade's Shipyard(/url), the source for your ship needs.

OOC: We all just can't wait for other people to do things for us. You guys should actually try and do something; attack somebody, invade a system, send a message; there are lots of things to do.

-----------------

Third General Lhevak looked over the tactical reports from the scouts, then growled. "We must accelerate our plans. Pull back all scouts immediately, and send a message to the First and Second General to prepare their fleets for the invasion. Three weeks from now, we strike."

-----------------

Immediately, all scouts turned tail and hyperspaced off into nowhere. They gave no reason for their disappearance, except for one ship which sent a breif (sp?) message to Miranu which read "We must leave, we are in danger". It took less than an hour, and in that time, all the scouts had disappeared, untracably.

-----------------

As the shuttle with the 4-man Miranu team onboard approached the freighter, the Miranu lieutenant activated his video camera and began taping. As they neared closer, they saw a dozen or more strange green slugs on the outside of the ship. At the sight of the shuttle, they all immediately moved inside the ship through holes they had gnawed in the hull. They appeared to have been feeding on the metal hull, though how was still unknown as the Miranu prepared to board the frieghter...

-----------------

Silence was complete on the disabled frieghter, but it wasnÂ’t for long. Suddenly, the main hatch sparked and blew open. The white-hot edges of the now vaporized hatch sizzled and gave off smoke, but quickly cooled. Then four Miranu scouts walked onto the ship. They found the crew all dead, with bloor pouring out of the sides of their heads or their ears, accumulating into gooey pools of red blood.

"What the heck went on here?" the commander muttered.

"I don't know, but once more, what on earth caused all these weird slime trails?" the lieutenat responded. "What are they anyway?"

"I have no clue! Haven't really seen anything like it, but I can tell it's organic, and it's DNA doesn't isn't on the record," responded another soldier.

"Get to the bridge. Lieutenant, you come with me," the commander said, walking through the hallway. Along the way they passed more bloody corpses of crewmen. Finally, they came to engineering, but they mysteriously discovered that the door had been torn apart by something very big and very mean.

"What did that?" the lieutenant asked, but the commander ignored him as he walked into the engineering bay, his boots making metal thumping sounds on the floor. The third man followed into the room. They all gasped.

The room was filled with dead and bloody bodies, many of them with hideous wounds on them, including one body which was only a leg and part of a torso. Something had come in here and caused a lot of carnage.

"My gosh..." the lieutenant muttered again.

"Commander Jakorin to bridge. Report?"

"Private Monler here, sir. What's going on down there?" a voice responded over the comlink.

"I'm not sure, but I think something, and something big, is onboard this bloody ship. Be on your guard!" the commander yelled, looking around, his rifle ready. Suddenly, there was a distant scream from somewhere inside the ship.

Everybody raised their weapons and looked around nervously. "What the heck-" the third soldier said as the sound of metal being ripped apart filled their ears. The commander slowly pulled out his pistol as well.

"We're screwed..." he muttered then raised his weapons back towards the cooridor where they had come from. Everybody else turned and saw a dozen or so foot-long slugs crawling towards them from the cooridor.

The commander fired his weapons, killing them. As the slugs shrieked and were melted into nothing but a little charred and sizzling organic matter, suddenly one of the soldiers turned and yelled. "Look out sir!" he yelled and fired his rifle, but hit nothing.

"What was it?" the commander roared.

"A slug sir! A giant one! At least six feet tall, if not more-"

Suddenly there was a screech and from the ceiling, which none of them had looked at, a slug dropped onto the soldier. The commander and lieutenant payed no notice and looked at the ceiling, where three dozen or so small slugs were clustered. They seemed to be feeding on two partially-decomposed bodies which had been dragged up there.

"Holy sh-" the commander was about to say when the soldier screamed. The slug had bit him hard and was now gnawing its way into his skull. The soldier dropped and screamed horribly and the other soldier screamed as well.

"Bloody things..." the commander muttered and shot the soldier in the head, killing him and the slug as a conduit at the other end of the room blew out. The two remaining soldiers turned and looked as a giant 8-foot tall slug, which huge jaws, dripping slime, crawled out.

Suddenly another scream filled the air, but it was from the comlink; the bridge was under attack by slugs as well. "NO!!!" the commander yelled and shot at the slug with both weapons.

"We have to go commander!" the lieutenant yelled.

"NO!!!" the commander yelled again, still shooting at the slug which was now running, or crawling, towards him fast.

"COMMANDER!!"

But the commander took no notice as the slug screeched and fell to the ground, dead, purple blood oozing from multiple wounds. Another large slug appeared and jumped on the commander. The officer tried to shoot it, but his weapons were knocked away and he began to scream horribly, his flesh being ripped apart by his attacker, blood splattering on the floor.

The slug then turned to the lieutenant, blood covering and dripping off its face. It lashed out with one of its claws, and cut the lieutenant and threw him back. The officer backed off and shot at the slug, then ran as fast as he could.

Running through the hallways, passing the bloody remains of crewmen, the lieutenant finally came to the hatchway. There stood Private Monler, cuts on his face and arms. His eyes were wide and his face pale and frightened. "What the heck is going on here?!" he screamed as the lieutenant ran past him.

"Get in here!" the officer yelled, jumping through the hatch onto the Miranu frieghter which brought them onboard. The ensign followed, and the shuttle detatched the docking clamp and moved off. The lieutenant immediatelyed reported what he had seen directly to Mamajama, and also sent a videotape (the camera had been attatched to his helmet) to her as well...

-------------------

In Gadzair, a rather unusual thing occured. As the 'Attar' scouts were leaving, one of them narrowly avoided a collision with a Dark Angels vessel, only to then loose control and smack into the shields of another Dark Angels ship. Though it only pinged off the shields, the scout fired an odd beam which distabilized the ships shields, screwed up its sensors, and gave everyone rather bad headaches. The scout then hyperspaced off and disappeared, leaving the Dark Angels somewhat badly confused.

------------------
--------------
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 03-30-2002).)

(Message to Azdgari)
(Max Encryption)
the peace talks will continue. prepare for them at threefrog.
~U.E. Admiral
(end)

------------------
Insanity has its advantages

OOC:Sorry I haven't been posting. I have been trying to avoid all the n00bs that have been sighted all over the boards since nova was released. That and I have been playing Nova and trying to get enough money to register.
-----------------------------------------------
Paul looked at the file transfer records of some Miranu-built ships for the past few days. As a precaution against rebellion or spies, all Miranu-built ships had a program hardwired into their transmitters that would send all messages sent to a recording station that was hidden deep beneath the surface of an uninhabited moon in about the center of Miranu space. This center was operated by a few individuals who screened all the messages and passed the ones that might have some sort of military meaning on to High Command(the Fleet Commander and the Counsel of Elders).

The message containing the videotape sent to Mamajama had been passed on to Paul, and he was now watching it in his quarters while pondering the disappearance of the scoutships that had been in-system half an hour earlier. The video was very disturbing, and Paul wondered if this could be the menace that the scoutships had been afraid off. Paul turned on the comm-unit built into his desk and accidently pushed the button that turned on the reciever for wideband transmissions. He heard a few lines from an old text regarding the Trade Wars that was being broadcast from the ComSat, and kept listening as he thought it interesting and useful:

"Near the end of the Trade Wars, the rival companies were running out of loyal soldiers that could fight. To combat this new resource low, the companies designed and built mechanical fighting units which were later dubbed 'Mechs'. These 'Mechs' had an average height of 3 meters, and were armed with a primative Neutron Capacitor Laser and a Ion Grenade Launcher. For movement, Mechs relied on several different forms of movement, the most common being a pair of articulated legs. Some were outfitted with small drive engines for space combat. These suits where fully sealed, and could withstand level 4 corrosive agents, biological agents, and could protect the user from radiation and the cold blackness of deep space for up to a week..."

After that point, Paul stopped listening and started planning. It wouldn't be too hard to rebuild a Mech that was up to todays standards. Maybe even one that could stand up to a group of those slugs that had attacked the boarding party. He quickly typed up a message to be sent to all museums, weapons producers, and engineering labs. They were to design and build a few prototypes of new-age Mechs and have them presented to the High Command so one or two could be chosen to mass produce. He sent this message off.
---------------------------------------------
Disrupter Cannon Development
ETC:17 Posts
Mech Reproduction
ETC:5 Posts

------------------
"Take me to your dealer"-Bumper sticker
"You may not throw things at my dragon!"
"We remove the furry killing things. We think only of removing the furry killing things."-The Skies of Pern, Anne McCaffery

<ediit>Fixed a few grammatical errors to make it easier to understand</edit>

(This message has been edited by Admiral Benden (edited 03-31-2002).)

MOD: UE Admiral, why did you send that message of peace to the Azdgari? You know that Coral wants to destroy them. All you are doing is annoying SilverDragon, which makes him not want to post, which makes the story die.

------------------
--------------

Mod: Carno: Give UE admiral the benefit of the doubt. (Duh!)

Although the message ranked of treachery, Redchigh gave the Coalition the benefit of the doubt.
Message to: Coalition
We welcome peace talks, however we with them to be at an unbiased source. Perhaps at a Miranu planet? It's up to you, weapons, guards, allowed or not? I'm willing to trust you.
End

Meanwhile, The Azdgari were recalling their fleets to their border. Defenses needed to be stronger...

Redchigh was going through his desk, when he suddenly found an old datapad.
There was a name printed on the side- Skradz'Na.
Red opened it and began to read. It was full of espionage information about the miranu! It also had a lot of... comments... reliving the horrors of the satellites of Azdgari Prime when The planet blew up at the hands of the Miranu. Reading, red was reminded of the massacre... of the thousands of innocent lives lost.
And the name of the person behind the antimatter bombing.
Mamajama....
There will be time for the miranu later...
Fleets assemble in Kade, as is the tradition..

------------------
"I dont follow the crowd.. I stand and make fun of all the people walking in a straight line." ~A. Rickman
"....This is only what I think. We can't in a million years guess what goes on in the snarling, churning bowels of Red's head."
~ESPilot

**"Get in here!" the officer yelled, jumping through the hatch onto the Miranu frieghter which brought them onboard. The ensign followed, and the shuttle detatched the docking clamp and moved off. The lieutenant immediatelyed reported what he had seen directly to Mamajama, and also sent a videotape (the camera had been attatched to his helmet) to her as well...

In somber silence, Mamajama watched the gory videotape of the 4 man crew's exploration of the slug-infested Freighter. After it had finished playing, she addressed her senior crew, gathered around the conference table.

"We can see that our powersuits aren't effective in keeping these creatures away. Admiral Benden has started research on a Mech suit that may prove to be better protection for crews coming in contact with the slug aliens. Meanwhile, I want you to stay the hell away from these critters, unless they start attacking the planet, in which case I want you to attack them with whatever you have. I've got a new grandchild down there, you know... Those of you with farming and gardening experience, let's brainstorm a bit on how we repel ordinary slugs from our farms on Poch."

Shayla, a new recruit, spoke up shyly.
"We bait them, with saucers of beer. They crawl in and drown."

"Hmmmm. bait doesn't seem to be practical. We're the bait...the slugs come to us. As far as drowning them, perhaps there may be a way to cut off their air supply. But since they exist in space, with no air at all, that's probably not practical. Next?"

Adon said,"We pick them off with pincers and dispose of them."

"If we had some weapon that would take them out one at a time, that would work. I think that's the Admiral's new Mech project's job, though. Next?"

Rogin, a grizzled veteran in charge of the ship's hydroponic garden, spoke:
"The latest technique is to place a copper coil around the base of a protected garden area. Low voltage is applied to the coil, and when the slugs approach it, it repels them. We set out the copper tapes in a pattern that leads the slugs to where we want them to be...like a pan filled with beer to drown them."

Mamajama tapped her teeth thoughtfully.
"This is what we'll do. I want our senior scientists on Poch collaborating with us here by hyperlink. We want to view those videos a hundred times, analyze all the data collected, and come up with a way to put an electrical charge through the hulls of our ships that will repel these creatures. And I want that done yesterday."

Estimated time for slug repellant research:
3 posts

------------------
--Isaac Asimov

Carno? allow mamajama do do that.

------------------
~ESPilot

OOC: Sorry, EVN had comsumed me.
----------
In F-25 the Confederation ships attacked the pirate ships with everything they had. They called for yet another reinforcment fleet as thier shpis were shot down one by one by the station. The pirate fleet was falling, yet the stations shields were slowly getting back online. A dying Defender smashing into the control tower took care of that, though.
----------
ETA till reinforcements:2 posts

------------------
"Oops, I think I killed it..."-Me
------------------
Come visit (url="http://"http://nova6.pautsch.com/forum/intro.lasso")Nova6s Webboards(/url).

"Yaaah! Bloody stupid little alien! Learn to fly!" Captain Chirakka yelled at the departing Attar scout. "Stupid creatures." he muttered. "Use the bloody traffic lanes, for goodness sake!"
"Arada 103, are you OK?" The Angel's Lair traffic controller's voice echoed over the comms.
"Fine. Darn those aliens, they totally screwed the Arada's shields! We'll be pulling into dock to have the generators fixed, I suppose. If those darn aliens turn up, tell them that next time they do that, we'll fire back."
"Of course." there was a tint of amusement in the controller's voice.
Still grumbling, Chirakka headed back to the Angel's Lair.

Raven, having not yet departed for Tollb, was sitting in an armchair in Saraine's office, sleeping with a tartan rug over her.
Saraine was looking through the Research And Development reports. "Jeez, you'd think they'd put these things in language a layman can understand."
"They're not supposed to be read by laymen." Raven said crossly. "Give those here." Saraine obediently passed the sheaf of papers over. "Hmmm, the Drone is complete- we're going to have to finish the upgraded Positron Beam before we can start producing it, though. What was so hard to read about that?"
"The fact that it said "R&D; Project #1225 actualised but not ready for wide-scale utilization as yet due to the incomplete nature of R&D; Project #1226 which plays an integral role in the design and testing of R&D; Project #12255" might have something to do with it."
Raven snorted. "That's easy for anyone with half a brain to understand. Now, don't just stand there- go get me a cup of tea."
"Yes, boss lady." Saraine saluted, thinking, the sooner she gets back to Tollb, the better.

---
Drone complete
ETA until Positron Beam minaturised: 3 posts

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/shades_shipyard")Shade's Shipyard(/url), the source for your ship needs.

Deep in the Ajjun system, far beyond the reaches of the Ji Nebula, a huge fleet had been assembled. The dark, black ships swirled around in a circular motion a center ship, which was far more powerful than anything the Milky Way had seen before.

First General Lythrawn stood on the bridge of the Command Ship Executioner , his eyes glowing a faint blue, his mind swirling about, imagining all the possible scenarios to what may happen when he invaded. His thoughts were interrupted as the door to the dark bridge opened and a the silloutte of a large figure appeared. It was Fourth General Tronos.

"It is about time you came, Tronos. I was worried that Thrade had kept you too long," Lythrawn said in his evil, methodical voice. He laughed a silent, evil laugh to himself. "You know how he can be, my friend."

"'Friend'..." Tronos muttered.

"What was that?" Lythrawn asked.

"You know what it was, and don't act like you don't," Tronos growled, his eyes flashing a dark green.

"Control your temper, Tronos," Lythrawn said, or almost growled, his voice commanding. "What is the report from Thrade?"

"His force in the Proxima Nebula is still forming. The radiation there is unusual for our sensors, making it difficult to accurately form up a fleet. He'll be done in a week."

Lythrawn laughed silently to himself again, and turned to face Tronos. "That's what he'd say just to let himself be lazy. But, we might as well let him muddle around. It may be.... amusing." He laughed evily to himself again. "Yessss.... Once this offensive is complete, I'll be able to return to Ancara a hero, with the riches of half a dozen races to please me."

"If you don't kill Thrade along the way," Tronos said and laughed. "Zaertarul and the Covenant will be pleased with us."

"Yesss..... Yesss indeeed....." Lythrawn said, turning back to face the void of space. "Yesss...." He began to laugh to himself, an evil, maniacal laugh, which seemed to penetrate far off into space...

-----------------

(Message to Mamajama)
(From Patrol Ship Yaynor )
(We have to do something about the infested frieghter. What are your orders? Do we destroy it?)
(End Message)

------------------
--------------

-----------------

(Message to Mamajama)
(From Patrol Ship Yaynor )
(We have to do something about the infested frieghter. What are your orders? Do we destroy it?)
(End Message)

Mamajama thought for a minute. I'd really like to get a specimen of one of those slugs. "Our scientists need a piece of a slug for their research, " she said.
"Since all of the original crew , and three of the four investigators, are already dead, we may as well destroy the ship. But first, try this: sterilize the ship with all of the different beam weapons we have. Then try to pick up one specimen, or a part of a specimen, from the hull. Use a robot to pick it up, and a cargo drone to store it. If the slugs are still alive, don't get near it; forget about specimens. Then...blow up the ship." She sighed, and sent the transmission.

------------------
--Isaac Asimov

In Kade, a fleet of 420 ships had been assembled... With mighty predatorsleading them, the fleet left Kade, hyperspacing as quickly as they could...
destination?
Mamajama's lair.

------------------
~ESPilot

OOC:I am too lazy to make another edit and a post, so I wish to inform you that I made another error in my post above. It should say "ETC:16 Posts" for the disruptor cannon.
-------------------------------
Paul looked at some of the reports for fleet movements of the other races. The spies and scouts that could make it around Azdgari space had discovered around 400 ships missing from their regular patrol duties. "Well," he thought. "Maybe they have finally decided to retribution on us." He quickly organized a fleet in Mira that should be able to help deflect this fleet, but not destroy it entirely. His hope was to force the other commander to withdraw.

Assembled in Mira were the following battlegroups:
•Command Wing: Bahumat , 24 Crescent Warships, 48 Heavy Fighters+Carried Ships
•Tiamat Wing:1 Dreadnaught, 12 Crescent Warships, 12 Heavy Fighters+Carried Ships
•Baelrog Wing:1 Dreadnaught, 12 Crescent Warships, 12 Heavy Fighters+Carried Ships
•Hydra Wing:1 Dreadnaught, 12 Crescent Warships, 12 Heavy Fighters+Carried Ships
•Armagedon Wing:12 Suicide Warships, 24 Heavy Fighters, 12 Interceptors
•Defense Wing Alpha:16 Crescent Warships, 12 Heavy Fighters+Carried Ships
•Defense Wing Beta:16 Crescent Warships, 12 Heavy Fighters+Carried Ships
•Defense Wing Delta:16 Crescent Warships, 12 Heavy FIghters+Carried Ships

On Patrol Routes throughout Miranu space, several battlegroups were jumping around looking for the Azdgari Warfleet. They had orders not to engage but to contact all the nearest battlegroups and the defense fleet in Mira and run until they could get there.
---------------------------------------
Disruptor Cannon Development
ETC:15 Posts
Mech Reconstruction
ETC:4 Posts

------------------
"Take me to your dealer"-Bumper sticker
"You may not throw things at my dragon!"
"We remove the furry killing things. We think only of removing the furry killing things."-The Skies of Pern, Anne McCaffery

Originally posted by -REDCHIGH-:
**In Kade, a fleet of 420 ships had been assembled... With mighty predatorsleading them, the fleet left Kade, hyperspacing as quickly as they could...
destination?
Mamajama's lair.

Mamajama received an encrypted warning from Admiral Benden about Adzgari warfleet preparations, apparently in retribution for her long-ago attack on the Adzgari moons. "More paybacks," she muttered.

The Miranu scientists on Poch were making progress analyzing the alien slug's nervous system from the captured specimen, and had formulated a low-voltage alternating current charge, that cycled in a pattern calculated to disrupt the slug's nervous system. In theory, if the hulls of Miranu ships were fitted with the device, the slugs would no longer be able to adhere to the hulls, tear through them, etc.

And if only Miranu ships had this device, and the approaching Adzgari fleet did not have any protection from the slugs.....She ordered her personal ship, the Foster's Revenge , to be fitted with the prototype slug repellor.

She also sent a private transmission to Saraine in the Angel's Lair:
<TRANSMISSION: ENCRYPTION 690H NUPO>
TO: SARAINE
RE: APPROACHING ADZGARI FLEET

Saraine,

I understand that you are thinking of attacking the Adzgari, with a possible Zidagar alliance. An Adzgari fleet is even now enroute to Poch, or Mirava, we don't know which. If you chose to aid us in repelling their fleet, it might be an opportunity for you to try out some of your new weapons, and test the Zidagar's resolve...And, of course, the Miranu, and I, would be grateful for your help. Think about it.

PS. Some pretty nasty slug-like aliens are also in the Poch and Himgro systems. We are working on a hull charge inducer to repel them. Attached is the file with what our scientists have so far. If you come to our aid, you will also want to be prepared to deal with these creatures. My hope is that the Adzgari will not be.

Mamajama

<END TRANSMISSION>

"This could get interesting," she thought.

------------------
--Isaac Asimov

(This message has been edited by mamajama (edited 04-01-2002).)

(message to DA)
(high encryption)
greetings from the coalition.we are intrested in the final design of the positron beam,respond if you care to sell.
~UE Admiral
(end)

(message to Azdgari)
(max encryption)
come as you like the coalition diplomat will have one armed escort
(he will wait outside) we will meet at the place of your choice
~UE Admiral
(end)

(message to Miranu)
(max encryption)
we have heared that you have found a solution to the slug problem please enlighten us
~UE Admiral
(end)

-----------------
Coalition of Worlds
R&D;

Outpost Construction
Total: 2, ETC: 4 posts

Dreadnought Construction
Total: 9, ETC: 6 posts

Ionic Particle Beam(Beam version of Ion cannon/turret)
ETC:6 posts

------------------
Insanity has its advantages