Wave of Destruction, Ch. 8-10

Saraine cursed as his comm unit went off. It was the night shift duty officer. Rolling out of bed, he picked up the unit. "Hello?"
"Commander Saraine, sir! Bad news. The Miranu have deployed fifteen of their Suicide Warships."
"Sh*t. Mobilise the fleet; our pressing concern is now to save the Miranu from their own folly, while leaving enough vessels to protect our bases should the Miranu decide to attack us. Send four Crescent Warships to intercept each Suicide Warship; broadcast jamming frequencies to the warships. That way the Miranu will not know what's going on. Destroy the Suicide Warships. All of them."
"Yessir. It shall be done."
Saraine closed the link, then set up a message to Mamajama on the Foster's Revenge.
(message to: Mamajama)
(message fr: Saraine)
(message re: Miranu War Crimes- the circle repeats)
Benden has ordered the deployment of fifteen Suicide Warships against Azdgari targets. We must destroy the Warships before they can eliminate Azdgari worlds again, and prevent blood shed by Benden from once again falling onto the hands of whatever poor shmuck he has to do the job this time. You can help; aid us in anhillating the Warships.
Ciao,
-Saraine

(message to: Benden)
(message fr: Saraine)
(message re: War Crimes)
Benden, the blood is upon your hands again. Withdraw your Suicide Warships, or it will be you who dies. The nations of Known Space will unite to destroy you should you again massacre trillions of Azdgari civilians; you have sown the winds of self-destruction. You still have a period of grace to avoid reaping the whirlwind.
Ciao,
-Saraine

---
ETA until SILO complete: 4 posts
ETA until Fireblade complete: 9 posts

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/shades_shipyard")Shade's Shipyard(/url), the source for your ship needs.

MSG Wideband Broadcast
OGN:Mnu
------------------------------------
Citizens of the Galaxy, I send you this message. The Azdgari have attacked the us, and we warned them that if they remained in our space we would retaliate with weapons of mass destruction. They have chosen to go about the foolish course of egotistical revenge. Azdgari Citizens, I warn you now. I am deploying a fleet of warships armed with anti-matter warheads. Leave you homes on whatever vessels you can find. Planets targeted will be ones of military importance, and as many civilians as can be will be spared. If you do not wish to see any of this happen, demand of your government that the Azdgari retreat from Miranu space, and we shall have no further bloodshed between us caused by the Miranu Defense Forces. I will launch no offensives into Azdgari space if they retreat now. That is all.
-----------------------------------
END

OOC:There is no 'poor smuck'. It is an automated dockyard, and if anyone is going to be responsible it is me.
----------------------------------
MSG post, no Dev

------------------
"Take me to your dealer"-Bumper sticker
"You may not throw things at my dragon!"
"We remove the furry killing things. We think only of removing the furry killing things."-The Skies of Pern, Anne McCaffery

"Damn him!" Saraine cursed. "Let Benden reap the whirlwind, then. Prepare eighty of our Crescent Warships to attack."
"Yessir." his XO replied.
"Already done." Rasael said, speaking from Xarnes. "My contingent is now in Gadzair, awaiting command."
"As is mine." Raven added.
"Thanks, I've noticed that. I will speak to the fleet, then."
Saraine activated an in-system link to the eighty Crescent Warships prepared for the attack.
"Fellow captains of the Dark Angels, he began, "Some of you may recall the destruction wrought upon Azdgari thirty years ago. The megalomaniac responsible for that bloodshed, Admiral Benden of the Miranu, now plans to repeat his performance fifteen times over. It is your duty to anhillate his Suicide Warships before he can do so; at present they are in a shipyard on Mira. Aim for the absolute minimum of casualties- we are not murderers like Benden. Get in, destroy the shipyard, get out. Use distortion cloaks to avoid the Miranu realising what class of vessels are approaching. That is all. Go with God, and smite Benden's shipyard."

--Mira System--

The eighty Crescent Warships, their class hidden behind distortion cloaks, hypered into th Mirava system. The majority of Miranu vessels were in the Priat system, fighting the Azdgari fleet; there were, of course, military ships insystem, but not as many as there would be if the Azdgari had not attacked.
Taking a page from Benden's own book, the CWs executed a hyperspatial microjump, and emerged above the atmosphere of Mira. The lead CW sent a wideband message to the planet below:
"Citizens of Mira; we mean you no harm. We are here only to prevent the deaths of billions, if not trillions, of Azdgari civilians at the hands of your insane leader, Admiral Benden. We grieve for the Miranu warriors who will die in this attack; but their lives must be sacrificed to prevent the greater deaths which will follow if we do not attack. We are indeed deeply apologetic to you all; but we must do this, to save the trillions of innocent lives at stake."
With that, the CWs launched their fighters, and plunged into the atmosphere, searching for the unmistakeable radiation emissions of Suicide Warships. The CWs, built to cross interstellar distances, searched Mira quickly, pinpointed the location, and attacked. TRAK modules and Angelfire pulses rained down en mass upon a certain shipyard, where fifteen Suicide Warships were being armed to launch

---
ETA until SILO complete: 3 posts
ETA until Fireblade complete: 8 posts

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/shades_shipyard")Shade's Shipyard(/url), the source for your ship needs.

Priat

Mamajama had received Saraine's message about Benden's deployment of the Suicide Warships, and cursed fluently for about a minute, while hypering in to Priat. As the Jama fleet deployed itself in a diamond shape on the outskirts of the system, she reacted to the message.

"Damn him! Not again! May all his body hair fall out! May his teeth rot in his mouth, embarrassing him in his most intimate moments! What is he doing with this groton sliming suicide warship Zsat again!? I can't cooperate with Admiral Benden again...but he has to think I am....Better to be known as a traitor to the Miranu people, than to have to live with genocide on my conscience again."

<TRANSMISSION>
TO: Admiral Benden
RE: Suicide Warship deployment

Sir, I beg you not to choose this course. I have seen the nightmare brought on by these devices, and live with that horror night and day. If you choose to go ahead anyway, I will serve as a loyal merc...but please reconsider. I have challenged Red of the Adzgari to a one on one duel, but the coward prefers to involve all of the innocent civilians of Priat. If he does not accept my challenge, where do you want the Jama fleet deployed?

<END TRANSMISSION>

<TRANSMISSION>
TO: Admiral Redchigh
RE: Coward, come out and fight!

I am here, and ready to battle with you one on one. If your grudge is truly with me, then leave all the Priatos out of it. Come out from behind your schemes and political maneuverings and fight like a sentient being!

<END TRANSMISSION>

<ENCRYPTED TRANSMISSION LEVEL 0015>
TO: Saraine and Raven
RE: Suicide Warship deployment

Saraine, Raven

This time, I will do what's right. No more genocide. Benden doesn't know yet, but he will.
Goodbye.
MJ

<END TRANSMISSION>

------------------
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the most discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it!) but 'That's funny...'"
--Isaac Asimov

OOC:First off, how would the DA's know where the shipyard was? Second, it is actually a station, and it is really far out in the system to prevent the destruction of Mira should the Anti-Matter be released. Third, they are matter/anti-mater bombs, not nuclear. There would be little/no radiation. Please fix your post up, and why is everyone so angry with me? I told RED he could leave with no repercussions for the attack. He chose not to.
---------------------------------------
MSG
OGN:Bahumat
DST:Fosters Revenge
Encryption Derra 930
------------------------------
I am sorry to have to deploy the SW's. If you can find some way to make the Azdgari leave us alone for good, tell me and I will stop their arming. If you can't, then I am sorry for what I have to do to protect the greater number of the Miranu people and the destruction that will be reaped by the SW's. As for now, I am going to defend this station and the civilians who live here. You should remember 30 years ago at the Rock. They attacked our forces. All I have ever done is retaliate against attacks by them. If you wish to help us, do a micro jump in-system and slingshot around Priato to come up behind the station and start evacuating all the people on there and their prototypes and research.
-----------------------------
END

Soon , he thought, they will attack. We must be ready. "All ships, set Lysew Cannons on repel, and have another squadron of fighters added to the defensive screen around Pybin."
-------------------------------
MSG post, no dev

------------------
"We remove the furry killing things. We think only of removing the furry killing things."-The Skies of Pern, Anne McCaffery

I'm soooooo sorry guys. I have been so busy and have had no time to post at all

------------------------
The only remaning renegades in the milky way in the Mavs system stood shocked. "What is going on!?!?" OV shouted. "Sir, we're being decaptated by the Accara. We don't stand a chance."

"Damnit, we can't lose. Not now. I'm so close!"

"Sir, we need evacuation plans now."

"Start getting supplies ready. Tomarrow we go into hiding."

(Message to Accara)
(From Renegades)
What is this about? Why have you attacked us. I demand an explanation!
~Overrider
(End(

----------------
Relocation project- 2 days

------------------
Always remember this. All murderers, no matter how cruel and evil, only have blood on their hands. Not in their heart -Me
(url="http://"http://www.gameranger.com")GameRanger--Sß-Overrider720(/url) | (url="http://"http://www.boardgame.f2s.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard//ikonboard.cgi")BoardGame(/url) | (url="http://"http://www.magleague.com")MaG League- Overrider(/url)
The Underdogs Smiles:(url="http://"http://community.theunderdogs.org/smiley/gallery.htm")Underdog Smiles(/url)
(url="http://"http://www.nova6.pautsch.com/forum/intro.lasso?bypass_cookie=si")Nova6's Webboard(/url) | (url="http://"http://evforums.n3.net")Unnoficial EV Forums(/url)

OOC: Benden, antimatter/matter reactions do cause radiation, a lot of it. The antimatter and matter are anhillated, giving off lots of lethal radiation. The energy has to go somewhere! You didn't say that the shipyard was on a station; so I assumed, given your previous attitude towards civilian casualties, that it would be groundside. Everyone hates you because you're a genocidal maniac.

"What? There are no CW's here! We got the wrong shipyard! All forces, pull out!"
The eighty CWs roared out of Mira's atmosphere, once again executing a hyperspatial microjump to put them high above the plane of the ecliptic, away from hostile eyes.
"Right." The commander of the lead CW said. "All vessels, disperse to pattern Alpha-Twenty, scan for stations using long-range radar."
The CWs dispersed to cover the entire system with long-range scans; sixteen radar "echoes " were found. CWs went to each one, looking for the telltale grouping of fifteen CWs.
Five stations were in low orbit of Mira; civilian stations, with no CWs under construction. A further ten had CWs under construction but not enough. Only one had fifteen CWs in dock fully constructed, awaiting one thing their antimatter warheads.
"We have found them." the commander said. "All forces, prime weapons and attack these coodinates."
The eighty CWs converged, Angelfire Turrets blazing, TRAK modules streaking through the void towards the station, heedless of the Miranu forces now approaching their position.
Then three large shadows, hidden behind Distortion Cloaks, resolved into the huge forms of Archangel Battlecruisers- the Fallen Angel, Angel's Shadow and Storm Angel. The Seraphim had arrived, and they opened fire with an immense barrage of firepower

---
ETA until SILO complete: 2 posts
ETA until Fireblade complete: 7 posts

------------------

OOC: Oh dear.... I forgot that you were in command of the Renegades, OV. 🙂 I guess I can spare Mavs from my conquest for now. 😉

MOD: However, I must note that you have no idea who the Acarra are; your only knowledge of the attacks is that someone, or 'something', has destroyed the bases. Absolutely nobody knows anything about the Acarra, and the only way people knew about the destruction of the two Renegade bases was from ships that strayed into those systems much later on.

I would also like to note that there is a considerable force of Renegade ships in Mavs, greater than the force at The Rock and Riomor combined. They needed this large force there to deal with the Kayan Militia, and I'm feeling merciful today. 😉

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 04-03-2002).)

Message to: Majamama
We have no grudge with you. You were the soldier, Benden was the Admiral. You had no choice but to follow his orders. Our dispute is with him. We are going to attack Priat, then Zanat. We will accept any information you wish to grant us.
We wish to avoid bloodshed, but justice will be dealt today.
End

""In-System Broadcast""
""From: Azdgari Fleet""
We have given you enough time for evacuation. We will attack. You know I gave you time to evacuate.
""End""

The Azdgari fleet opens fire as it detects the activity in Zanat.

Total fleet in Priat-
25 Predators
40 Battlecruisers
50 Light Cruisers
85 Aradas
100 Azdaras

for descriptions, Im gonna force you to go to the story web page and research a bit.

------------------
"I dont follow the crowd.. I stand and make fun of all the people walking in a straight line." ~A. Rickman
"....This is only what I think. We can't in a million years guess what goes on in the snarling, churning bowels of Red's head."
~ESPilot

In the Mira system, the station holding the fifteen SW's was taking heavy fire. The SW's, equipped with their droid brains but not their armament, disengaged their docking mechanisms and engaged their cloaks. They had large supplies of energy, just enough to get them out of the field of fire and out toward the last planet in the system. There they decloaked and landed, going into sensor stealth mode. The station was not so fortunate. When it detected its shields dropping below fifty percent, it launched an old-style Miranu Heavy Freightor. This freightor carried all the anti-matter and loading equipment needed for the SW's. To avoid the destruction of Mira, it had been programmed to head to the galactic east a for a few systems, and detonate if it was attacked there or drift just toward the outside of the system. It cloaked immediately and started running. It was equipped with several dozen solar panel arrays. The station imploded once its armour reached 40%, and no debris was left that could rain down on the planet below. All that was left was a perfect sphere of quickly cooling molten metal.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Paul recieved a burst message from Mira. The arming station had been destroyed. "Well," he thought. "It looks like we are going to have to fight this one out." he sent a message to mamajama:

It looks as though someone has managed to sneak into the dockyards and destroy the arming station for the SW's. Looks like we are going to have to fight this one out. Evacuate the station, our fleet ill hold them off. After you unload the station, get together some freightors and tugs and see if you can move Zanat Refinery somewhere.

He cut the transmission. He typed in a simple sequence in his comm console that would call in all the battlegroups. "Fire the Adaah Emitters again and keep up bombardment with long-range weaponry. Target ships that are low on armour or shields. Disable them if you can. Put a few CW's on defense of the station," he ordered.
-----------------------------------
Disruptor Cannon Development
ETC:12 Posts
Mech Reconstruction
ETC:2 Posts
Reinforcements will arrive in 2 Posts

------------------

OOC: Benden, how long have you had cloaks? The Confeds have cloaks, I have Distortion Cloaks (which don't hide the presence of the ship, but conceal what sort of ship it is). I didn't know you had cloaks? Ah well.

"There was no antimatter reaction." Saraine replayed the recording of the station's destruction. "Also, there was no sign of the explosions which should have been caused by fifteen Suicide Warships, armed or not. Friends, we have failed for now."
"A Heavy Freighter launched from the station when the shields fell to 50%. It cloaked immediately, but we read antimatter radiation readings." Raven continued.
"We will find it, hunt it down, and destroy it." Rasael said grimly. "Have a CW move to each jump point- our CWs are faster than an old- style Heavy Freighter, and it only has a five minute head start. Move five CWs to each system adjacent to Mirava. Should you come across the freighter, destroy it."
"Yessir!" thirty CW captains replied. Their vessels turned, cloaked, and sped off towards the jump points, afterburners on full. A ship as slow as an old-model Freighter could never outrun them.

(message to: Foster's Revenge (extreme encryption, Raven/Mamajama personal codes))
(message fr: The Seraphim)
Mamajama, we, and trillions of Azdgari civilians, require your help. The Suicide Warships have cloaked and left the shipyard, as has the antimatter, loaded onto an old-style Heavy Freighter. For the good of the Galaxy, please try to get the recognition codes for both the Heavy Freighter and SWs out of Benden. Spin him a story about sending warships to guard them or something. Anything. Just try.
The Seraphim
-Raven
-Rasael
-Saraine

Far away from the conflict, on peaceful Tollb, Raven's assistant Raiessa was touring a new project.
"We're well on the way." The scientist next to her was saying animatedly. "Using contempary matter-fusion techniques, we've managed to get quite close to critical density. Of course containment is an issue, but we have anti-gravity generators set up in all the test chambers. When we figure out how, we should be able to create them quite easily."
"And what are you using for fuel?"
"Depleted heavy metals, mainly. And slag from Azdgari. You'd be suprised at how little matter our calculations suggest it takes- not much at all. The trick seems to be compressing the matter enough to reach critical density- that's where the new compression techniques come in."
"Very good. Keep up the good work, and you'll probably win a medal. First person to create an artificial singularity."
"Or, as the layman calls it, a "black hole." The scientist reminded her. "The applications for this as a power source are incredible!"
"Indeed. If you can get it to work "
---
ETA until SILO complete: 1 post
ETA until Fireblade complete: 6 posts
ETA until Singularity Creation Techniques (read: black holes) complete: 12 posts

------------------

OOC: I read somewhere on the signup page that the Miranu had cloaks, but they weren't very advanced and used feul at a prodigous rate. A correction to the post above. The freightor only carries the Anti-Matter. The loading equipment was all on the station. The SW's are noneties, having no antimatter and droid brains programmed to hide and evade, but not attack. The freightor will stay cloaked and feed the cloak off of the solar panels. Destroying it will damage no planets as it is programmed to stay away from those. Have fun finding it 😄

------------------

MOD: Correction here. Benden; the Miranu have no cloaks, Red removed them. Now, Red may have changed his mind, and I may just let you have a small handful of prototype cloaks.

------------------
--------------
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

(quote)Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:
**OOC: Oh dear.... I forgot that you were in command of the Renegades, OV.:) Aren't I lucky 😄

------------------
Always remember this. All murderers, no matter how cruel and evil, only have blood on their hands. Not in their heart -Me
(url="http://"http://www.gameranger.com")GameRanger--Sß-Overrider720(/url) | (url="http://"http://www.boardgame.f2s.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard//ikonboard.cgi")BoardGame(/url) | (url="http://"http://www.magleague.com")MaG League- Overrider(/url)**
The Underdogs Smiles:(url="http://"http://community.theunderdogs.org/smiley/gallery.htm")Underdog Smiles(/url)
(url="http://"http://www.nova6.pautsch.com/forum/intro.lasso?bypass_cookie=si")Nova6's Webboard(/url) | (url="http://"http://evforums.n3.net")Unnoficial EV Forums(/url)

MOD: 'scuse me benden, you can have a couple cloaks, but don't make a big deal about it, and the renegades can detect your cloaks quite easily.
Also, Adaah emitters are used like defense pods- they stay in one place and CAN drain your own energy.

"Attention all fleets! Warcruisers go for the station! All other ships engage any Miranu or Civilian ships! Disable whenever possible. Only destroy if left no choice. Shoot to Disable. I repeat, go for the engines first, then weapon systems!"

Several salvoes of Draek modules are fired as the azdgari laugh at the miranu's pitiful long range weaponry. The modules crash into the miranu ships, doing high amounts of damage. A few Miranu ships are destroyed, but most of them are simply disabled, and left adrift until a warcruiser or Predator docks with it, and storms with guns set to stun. After cleaning out the ship, the captured (unconscious) crews are taken cargo holds of several warships. Although comfortable, they cannot escape, and they are only killed when the miranu destroy azdgari ships carrying miranu civilians.
As the Azdgari warships get close enough to hit with their rockets however, they notice their shields slowly being drained...
A few ships can barely move..
nearly frozen in place...
They were foolish enough to get close to the Adaah auras.
They were foolish enough to

------------------
"I dont follow the crowd.. I stand and make fun of all the people walking in a straight line." ~A. Rickman
"....This is only what I think. We can't in a million years guess what goes on in the snarling, churning bowels of Red's head."
~ESPilot

OOC:Yes I know how to edit. I am just to lazy to edit and make a post. The SW's do not have cloaks, just really really good sensor stealths. When they are in this mode, you have to look kinda hard at your sensors to see them, but they are more visible than the cloaked freightor. If you want, you can have destroyed a few on their way out, but as for now they are just sitting pieces of junk on some distant moon.
----------------------------------------------
Gerald Dermently clung to the arm of his command chair as his dreadnaught, the Tiamat , took another hit from a barrage of missiles. "Report!" he yelled over the blare of alarms. An ensign, who had miraculously been able to stay at his station when the gravity had given out last time, bellowed back, "Shields down to 20 percent and engineering says the reactors are either going to overload or shut off if we don't get the number four engine back online in the next ten minutes." Gerald thought for a moment. He looked at the readouts of the weapons status of his ship. Huge amounts of energy in the Lysew Cannon firing capacitors, no energy left for the Adaah Emitter. Still enough weaponry to be effective in a fight, but not enough shields to stay. He quickly activated the small set of piloting controls he had and activated the engineering program that would let him control the ships systems. He transfered all of his power away from weapons and into shields and engines, boosting the shields to 60% and getting the ship up to top speed. He quickly executed a U-Turn and started hauling ass back to Station Pybin. His ship might be out of the fight for now, but he could still help save some lives.
-------------------------------------------------
Paul was sitting in his Battleroom, along with several military advisors that the council kept making him drag along. They were worthless, and were put there to keep him from making gross tactical errors. The Battleroom was a large room containing several dozen holographic projectors. The whole of the battle was created in miniature with a lag time of about half a second. As he watched, several Predators where ganging up on a squadron of CW's. "Send fighter groups 12 through 17 to area 4-2-10," he said to one of the Advisors. They passed the information along to the commanders of those groups, and a few seconds later several fighters broke off from the main battle and started attacking a particular Predator. About a quarter of a minute later, it started to spin in space as a large geyser of coolant started spouting from one part of the ship. Seizing the oppurtunaty, the CW's sped from the broken sphere of Predators and went back into the main battle. Paul looked at a different section of the battle. Several ships, both Miranu and Azdgari, where drifting listlessly through space. Several of the Miranu ships had special flags next to the readouts, indicating they where still weapons ready but had no engine power or crew. Others had flags indicating they had some crew trying to reactive them. The Azdgari ships that were disabled all had the same readout :Disabled Due to Weapons Fire. All had crew, but they could not do anything. Several Azdgari ships had ventured into the Adaah Auras had not had the power to move back out.

There where several warships trying to attack Station Pybin, but they were not making out so well. On the poles the station had two Adaah Emitters that could be rotated 360° and elevated 90°. These had laid about in a field of fire that surrounded the station with Adaah Auras. Any closer, and the station would start losing energy. There was one alley that led away from the battle in which ships could travel to and from the station. There were many groups of fighters in this alley, and where laying down volleys of Repelling Lysew fire. Most of the fire was just going off into space, but the civilians on the station were evacuating pretty quickly. "If we can just hold them off a little longer," Paul thought. "We might be able to get out of this in one piece."
-----------------------------------------------
Disrputor Cannon Development
ETC:11 Posts
Mech Reconstruction
ETC:1 Post
Reinforcements will Arrive in one post.

------------------

Originally posted by Admiral Benden:
**Paul recieved a burst message from Mira. The arming station had been destroyed. "Well," he thought. "It looks like we are going to have to fight this one out." he sent a message to mamajama: "It looks as though someone has managed to sneak into the dockyards and destroy the arming station for the SW's.
Looks like we are going to have to fight this one out. Evacuate the station, our fleet ill hold them off. After you unload the station, get together some freightors and tugs and see if you can move Zanat Refinery somewhere.

(message to: Foster's Revenge (extreme encryption, Raven/Mamajama personal codes))
(message fr: The Seraphim)
Mamajama, we, and trillions of Azdgari civilians, require your help. The Suicide Warships have cloaked and left the shipyard, as has the antimatter, loaded onto an old-style Heavy Freighter. For the good of the Galaxy, please try to get the recognition codes for both the Heavy Freighter and SWs out of Benden. Spin him a story about sending warships to guard them or something. Anything. Just try.

The Seraphim
-Raven
-Rasael
-Saraine**

Mamajama received the Admiral's request, and Saraine's encrypted transmission, at the same time. She gave orders to her most trusted lieutenants to proceed through Adzgari fire, and evacuate the rest of Station Pybin. She then retired to her quarters to decide what to do. As the Foster's Revenge rocked with weapons impacts, she pondered. She couldn't be a part of a genocidal attack on the Adzgari people - and she couldn't simply allow Admiral
Benden to do it in the name of the Miranu people, either. At the same time, she was no traitor. Loyalty was one of the few sacred Miranu virtues.
Although Benden was not technically her superior, (Poch being an independent mercenary world) , she had had a contract with him, and a long trading relationship with Mira. These ties of commerce were among the most binding in Miranu society. To work against his interests, to lie to him, and betray Miranu interests went against every fiber of her being, yet....she picked up the child's Azdara toy she had plucked from the ruin of Veltes.....the alternative, to once again blindly "obey orders" went against her increasingly uncomfortable conscience. "Damn Saraine, Raven, and all the rest of them,"
she swore. "We Miranu aren't meant to have consciences. But...perhaps Miranu interests are bigger than I had thought," she said aloud.

Slowly, she formulated a plan.

Later that day, the evacuation of the station was complete. Redchigh's fighters had done minimal damage, as, for his own reasons, Redchigh had elected to have minimal civilian casualties, and so the Foster's Revenge and other Jama fleet ships were now overflowing with refugees carrying their household valuables, babies, and pets. She managed to evade at least seven officious local government officials on her way to the bridge, and took a brief report from her ship Steward on the availability of supplies for the refugees. It seemed that the unfortunates could stay on her fleet's ships for about a week, before exhausting or stressing the ship's capacity to feed them, provide air and water, and process their wastes.."So I've got a week to figure out where to take these people", Mamajama grumbled. "And we have to get to the Zanat system and see what we can do there. Benden wants us to move the friggin' refinery. Why, I don't know. It's a sitting duck wherever it goes - better just to defend it with everything we have."

In an hour, Mamajama's exec, a cousin named Mo Jama, had managed to disable two Adzgari warships, with the aid of 3 other CWs in the Jama fleet.
Standing orders had been to disable rather than destroy. On the vidscreen, the huge, now impotent vessels slowly drifted through space, their signatures showing green for lifesign and white for no weapons activity. The Foster's Revenge had taken some hits, but armor was holding and shields were at 65%. Mo had kept the Revenge at the spaceward throat of the alley leading through the stations' Adaah aura, and waited there, picking off the Aradas and smaller vessels that were dodging around the hulks of the disabled warships.

"Orders, Captain?'
"Conference room, now. Get the other captains on a secure vid channel."
"Aye, ma'am."
Once the split screen showed the dozen or so Jama fleet captains, Mamajama began.
"Half of you will continue to stay in this system and defend Station Pybin, under Mo Jama on the Crescent Warship We Be Jammin'. I want the remainder of you to go to Station Zanat. Defend it with everything you have. Your commander in Zanat will be Ona of Groned, the human merc serving with us for the last decade. Personally, I will be going to Mirava on classified business. It's better for you if you don't know any more about it.
Remember that my son, Jo Jama, is now the head of the House of Jama. You may take any further orders from him. If I don't see you again, it has been a pleasure and an honor serving with you. Over and out."

Then she called her cousin Mo to a secure room to talk. "Mo, I am embarking on a course that will probably get me labelled a traitor in Miranu space. I can't tell you any more about it than that, but if anyone cares, I am doing it for the conscience of Miranu. "
Mo, a tall, thin Miranu with greying red-brown hair, looked at her quizzically.
"Miranu don't have consciences.....we have enlightened self interests."
"That's what I mean. Watch out for my family, Mo. You'd better get on over to your ship. . Goodbye." She hugged him and watched him climb into a shuttle for the We Be Jammin'.

With Mo Jama commanding, the Jama fleet continued to harass and pound the Adzgari attackers of the station, Five Crescent Warships, and the remaining Miranu Gunships, set a course for Zanat. The refugees had been loaded onto these ships, and they were looking to drop them at a noncombatant port, possibly detouring to Kitrak for this purpose.

As the Foster's Revenge streaked out for Mirava, Mo shook his head. "I sure hope she knows what she's doing."

------------------
My karma ran over your dogma. - bumper sticker

Helios System

A lone Miranu Courier swept through hyperspace, its hull glowing blue as it approached the next system. In a flash it exited hyperspace and found itself in the Helios system, the destination for the cargo it was carrying.

The captain and crew gasped.

The system was gone.

Wreckage littered the system, disabled and burning hulks were everywhere, and the planet had been ravaged and bombarded, its skies now black and chocking, the colony now utterly annihilated.

"No survivors..." the captain muttered.

"What the heck is that?!" the lieutenant yelled, pointing to a small dark ship wizzing towards them.

Peering at the alien vessel, the captain gasped. "That's an Attar scout! Could they be responsible for the attack?!"

The scout wizzed over the head of the courier. Then it turned around and flew past it, blasting the courier with some unusual form of energy beam which distabilized the couriers shields and, mysteriously, gave everybody headaches.

"Let's get out of here!" the captain yelled. "Send a message to Mamajama about this immediately!"

And with that, the courier hyperspaced out, and the scout cloaked and disappeared...

------------------

Zachit system

"WHAT THE HECK?!!" Commander Jaynon yelled, taking the datapad from his lieutenant on the Miranu Gunship Aegon. "You mean another freighter's disappeared?!"

"Yes sir," the lieutenant replied. "Just like that; poof. Only wreckage left; no weapons trace, and no survivors. Heh, 'no survivors' seems to be a common phrase nowadays, especially with the destruction of Helios."

The commander nodded. For the last few weeks, Miranu freighters had been disappearing mysterious near the area of Hrekka. One was even mysteriously destroyed near Qerid. "That's it; call all freighters back from those areas, and send a message to Benden and Mamajama about this."

------------------

DSN-7962 system

A lone Confederate Carrier-Cruiser patrolled through the system, its scanners alert for any Renegade or Confederate ships that may be near. It was an ordinary patrol route; until now.

Suddenly, a warpgate opened, and a dozen alien warships jumped in and began to fire on the Confed warship. It fired back and launched its fighters, but it was no use; the ship was doomed from the start, outmanned and outgunned.

Within minutes, it had been reduced to a burning hulk, and the alien ships had disappeared. It had only been able to send one message to Confed High Command before it had been destroyed....

Attar..... Help..... Us..... Attar.....

------------------
--------------

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 04-05-2002).)

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 04-05-2002).)

Grunadulater looked at the messsage. A commander spoke.
"Aren't the Attar those aliens that just popped up?"
"I think... commander, send a message to all races asking about these Attar."
----------
Message to all governments
From Confederacy
Milky Way encryptrion (only our galaxy can read it)
Subject: Attar
"What are these Attar ships? We know that they are very powerful, but we need more info. return this message if anyone knows anything about the Attar."
----------
Ion generator ETA= 3 posts
Hyperbeam generator ETA= 7 posts

------------------
"Oops, I think I killed it..."-Me
------------------
Come visit (url="http://"http://nova6.pautsch.com/forum/intro.lasso")Nova6s Webboards(/url).

Suicide Warships in stealth mode were hard to spot, but not invisible. And to captain Ni'reyka of the Dark Angel Crescent Warship Nil'kemorya , the opening of a certain bay in the side of the now-destroyed shipyard was easy to spot. So Ni'reyka had trailed the Suicide Warships- at a discreet distance, or course, with Distortion Cloak on (which worked quite well at long distance) and long-range passive scanners locked on to the Suicide Warship flotilla.
He'd watched as they landed on the airless surface of the system's last planet, and had recorded the location, keeping watch to make sure the Suicide Warships didn't move.
While thirty-five of the Dark Angel's Crescent Warships went to police the jump points so the antimatter Freighter could not escape the system, Ni'reyka had sent a heavily encrypted message to the Seraphim.
Now, they would act on it. Twenty Dark Angel Crescent Warships, along with the three much larger Archangels, moved towards the planet where Ni'reyka kept watch.
"Open fire." Saraine's voice crackled over the secure band. "Every Suicide Warship we destroy is one Benden doesn't have to massacre innocent civilians with."
Three Archangels, twenty-one Crescent Warships, and one hundred and eight Crescent Fighters opened fire with Angelfire cannons or turrets and TRAK modules. The Suicide Warships, resting in stealth mode on the surface, didn't stand a chance.

Back on Xarnes, the SILO Module design was now complete, and it could begin mass-production. Completed SILOs would be spread throughout the three Dark Angel systems, starting with the jump points, then the actual installations, then backup units scattered strategically throughout the system. To completely equip the systems with SILOs would take some time, however (10 posts).

OOC: Benden, even though it's a pretty definite outcome, I'll let you post the next bit, so noone can accuse me of making a one-post battle.

---
SILO complete
ETA until SILO production complete: 10 posts
ETA until Fireblade complete: 5 posts
ETA until Singularity Creation Techniques complete: 11 posts

------------------