Global Thermonuclear Warfare #28

Actually, it was more like a joke vote since almost nobody voted yet, but now I have a better view on potentially evil players.

Templar98921 , you're going after an easy target yourself.

Gah, why am I always gone the day this thing starts???

Anyways, I'm going to take a metaphorical stab at... Templar98921 , you seem to be up to no end of naughtiness.

Templar98921: (3)
Rebelious
RJC Ultra
Eugene Chin

RJC Ultra: (2)
orcaloverbri9
Templar98921

No Vote: (4)
darth_vader
1Eevee1
Shlimazel
SoItBegins

- - -

After all the votes had been tallied up, guards came into the room and took Templar98921, who went complacently out of the room.

"I'm glad you decided on somebody to dispose of, you all had me worried that there would be a tie for a moment. Let's take Templar's name off the scoreboard:

darth_vader
1Eevee1
orcaloverbri9
Rebelious
RJC Ultra
Shlimazel
SoItBegins

"Uh, that's odd. Eugene Chin's name got taken off too. I wonder if it has anything to do with-"

Thunk! The sound of Eugene Chin's head hitting the table in front of him as he slumped over in his chair was heard throughout the room.

"Oh dear. It looks like the terrorists have struck; I was about to tell everybody that the nuclear weapons that Eugene Chin's country owned have been detonated in their silos. Somehow the terrorists arranged his country's destruction with his own weapons. We suspect we have a leak among one of the people who were updating the silo codes, but everyone in here shouldn't have to worry about that. I'll get that sorted out. You have some terrorists to nab! Go get 'em!"

JacaByte is greeted by several blank stares at his suggestion.

- - -

Templar98921 was innocent, and Eugene Chin was too. Not that I'm one for stating the obvious, of course.

This is the beginning of Round 2. This round ends at 12:00 PM MST on Sunday, August 10th. But it might end later than that depending on my schedule for that day.

SoItBegins , what do you have to say for yourself? You let us kill an innocent without your say. That goes for you others as well! Step up to the microphone, guys.

I'm more interested in darth_vader. Even Rebelious made it last round, but he's failed to show himself just yet. d_v, what have you to say for yourself?

@adam_0, on Aug 8 2008, 11:20 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear Warfare #28:

SoItBegins , what do you have to say for yourself? You let us kill an innocent without your say. That goes for you others as well! Step up to the microphone, guys.

In case it's not obvious, I had (and still have) no idea who to vote for. The reason I suddenly got smart during Game 27 is that Eugene Chin was guiding me. He's a lot smarter at this game than I am.

Speaking of myself, I'm not exactly sure why you're voting for me. Currently, I'm kinda at a loss for who to vote for (although I'm tempted to vote for you as a simple retaliatory vote), and the only thing I'm sure of is that I'm not evil this time.

EDIT: After scanning the topic, I'm still not entirely sure of what's going on. I would have guessed that the death of Eugene Chin was an attempt to frame Templar, but he's dead. As for darth_vader, I'm not entirely convinced that he's had a chance to look at the topic at all before now-- however, a quick glance at the memberlist revealed that he's logged in RIGHT NOW, so he'll probably stop by.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 08 August 2008 - 02:07 PM

So you're gonna play innocent and unknowing, SoItBegins? How unlike you to not immediately pick a target. I smell rotten fish.

Rebelious, what's your beef... err, fish... with me? I really am not that good at this, most of the time I get lynched anyway, and I don't pick a target because if I do, I'm going to get fired on by somebody. So if I keep my head down, I get targeted, so if I try to stay visible, I get night-killed, if I don't pick someone, I get aimed at, and if I do pick someone, I get aimed at even more!!

Really, I'm just trying to survive. This I do mostly by keeping my head squarely stuck in the sand (and praying a little while I'm at it.) What do you expect me to DO?!

EDIT: After some thought, I'm going to have to vote for you, Rebelious , due to your continued insistence that I'm evil.

SECOND EDIT: Your comment of 'how unlike you' reminded me of something... You're new, so obviously you've been reading past games, so you know that I've gone after people in the first round before. Maybe it's just me, but you're reminding me of something mrxak said in Game 3, on how to be evil. (I've been reading up on my history lately.) Anyway, he said

"My M.O. as an evil dictator has been in the past to eliminate somebody who voted the same as me, thereby spreading blame to whoever voted against me in the next round."

You voted for Templar, right at the tail end of the round. Eugene had voted for Templar a long time before that.

Now Eugene's dead, you're aiming at me because I've been silent lately, and I think I've found the source of your rotten fish. You.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 08 August 2008 - 04:24 PM

@soitbegins, on Aug 8 2008, 01:31 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear Warfare #28:

You're new, so obviously you've been reading past games...

Actually the only games I've read are those that I've played in or those ones you made me read for some reason for another. I was taking a guess voting on Templar, and I'm sorry to say that I was wrong, but one other thing that I know is wrong is you. Continue on with your delusions as regularly scheduled.

This post has been edited by Rebelious : 08 August 2008 - 05:40 PM

@orcaloverbri9, on Aug 8 2008, 01:48 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear Warfare #28:

I'm more interested in darth_vader. Even Rebelious made it last round, but he's failed to show himself just yet. d_v, what have you to say for yourself?

Last round was stupid. Even less got figured than usually does. I'm all for calling people out and getting them to play the game, but if I were really evil I would have shown up and voted for somebody. Rebelious didn't show up until less than an hour before the round ended to break the tie. If I were evil, I would have wanted to break the tie as soon as possible, especially since I would have known that Templar was innocent.

You could at least make your presence known. Lurking is a good way to hide evil.

Things are tied up at the moment, but I get the feeling that changing my vote to SIB or Rebelious will result in some kind of backlash for bandwagoning if they turn out to be innocent. I think those two are really reaching for straws with their little debate anyway. For that reason, I'll leave my vote until changing it in a way that won't turn people against me but makes a difference becomes clear.

This post has been edited by orcaloverbri9 : 08 August 2008 - 10:59 PM

@orcaloverbri9, on Aug 8 2008, 10:58 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear Warfare #28:

You could at least make your presence known. Lurking is a good way to hide evil.

No it isn't. Evil comes out and makes a token post just like everyone else, because that is what is expected. There is no reason to believe that I'm evil.

This post has been edited by darth_vader : 08 August 2008 - 11:40 PM

I believe that darth_vader is right. I have no reason to believe that he is a terrorist just because he missed the first round, I missed the first time the last round I played, and was innocent. (actually, I was the vigilante, but that's another story...)

EDIT: 2000th!!!! Woot!

This post has been edited by Rebelious : 08 August 2008 - 11:52 PM

I disagree, but I'm not sure that arguing this point is really going to get us anywhere.

Ow. Crushed again.

This is getting repetive, but at least I can now guess at who's guilty without a massive wave of recrimination. Of cousre I can't post it either, but you take what you get.

orcaloverbri9

I don't have any reasoning, but I'm just posting to avoid being a lurker. But it would make sense for the new blood to have an evil role.

darth_vader: (1)
orcaloverbri9

orcaloverbri9: (1)
1Eevee1

Rebelious: (1)
SoItBegins

SoItBegins: (1)
Rebelious

No Vote: (3)
darth_vader
RJC Ultra
Shlimazel

About 27 hours to go, fellas. I doubt you want this round to end in a four way tie.

I think I'll go with Rebelious this round. He really lacks a good reason to vote SIB, since I can't figure out what he did wrong last round.

Damn and Blast! Once again my small European country has come under attack by giant airconditioner robots! My absence is attributable to my atttempts to coordinate the relief of my people in the wake of this devastating attack.

And just as I return, I discover the truth; that Eugene Chin had nothing to do with the attacks on my country! And lo and behold he has been killed!

Therefore I have come to a grim conclusion; Whosoever who has silenced Eugene is also responsible for the attacks on my country!

Terrorists beware! I'm looking for you!

This game is going nowhere fast.