Global Thermonuclear War Round Ten.

The game's so good, it's been considered to end the world.

"So, gentlemen. You accept your fate." 1Eevee1 says, strolling down the hallway towards the voting room. "Some of you are guilty, and some of you are innocent. It is your job to decide who is who."

"Of course, we shall go over the countries and cities that you rule, gentlemen."

Mackilroy - Research Station 18, Antarctica
kickme - Berwick-upon-Tweed
darth_vader - A rabbit hole
nfreader - The basement of Ambrosia Software HQ.
Eugene Chin - Hutt River Province
mrxak - Auckland
prophile - Easter Island
Gutless Wonder - Area 52, the REAL cause of UFOs.
Anon - Christmas Island

"You should all have received messages in private from myself, revealing who you really are. If not, then contact me."

"Voting starts once you have seen those messages."

freezes to death without a coat

Um, where is Berwick-upon-Tweed?

It's on the border of Britain and Scotland, but it's been referred to as a seperate entity due to changing hands so much.

It ended up in a war against Russia for 117 years, only ending when a Soviet official made a trip to the city to make peace.

The town's mayor replied "Please inform the Russian people that they can at last sleep soundly in their beds."

Haha, it's not a joke.

Okay, anyway. Hopefully I don't get voted out to start this time. However, I will continue to be the only one brave enough to start the game, and cast my vote for Eugene Chin. He's played enough games, the honeymoon is over. I think he's quite due for evil. nfreader seems to be in a period of non-evil, and it's time to rethink the strategy of voting automatically for him. I could be wrong, but I think Eugene Chin is the only one playing that hasn't been evil at least once.

Gee, that didn't take long; though I honestly expected it to be darth_vader to pull that argument out. He's been saying it for two (Or three?) games.

It hasn't been right yet; so why is it right now? Some of our players have been tapped three times.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 21 October 2007 - 06:09 PM

Clearly nfreader is being controlled by Hector's evil mind rays.

Gutless

Not evil enough.

@eugene-chin, on Oct 21 2007, 06:04 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Round Ten.:

Gee, that didn't take long; though I honestly expected it to be darth_vader to pull that argument out. He's been saying it for two (Or three?) games.

It hasn't been right yet; so why is it right now? Some of our players have been tapped three times.

Only because I respect you. You have an uncanny knack for knowing what is going on. As a dictator I maintain that you would be extremely dangerous. Sometimes that caused me to vote for you in the early rounds, but I have never voted for you in the later third of a game. I think the hosts are wising up, so I'm not jumping on you this round. Rest assured that I will be watching you closely, as always.

I'll also point out that country doesn't affect who you are, either, but you probably worked that out.

The following is a message from the Auckland Tourist Bureau:

Come to Auckland, New Zealand's biggest city! Wherever you stay in Auckland, you're never far from breathtaking scenery, beautiful beaches, invigorating walks, idyllic holiday islands, outstanding food and wine, great shopping, and exciting nightlife. Book your trip today and enjoy the finest city in all of the southern hemisphere!

@mrxak, on Oct 21 2007, 07:33 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Round Ten.:

Come to Auckland, New Zealand's biggest city! Wherever you stay in Auckland, you're never far from breathtaking scenery, beautiful beaches, invigorating walks, idyllic holiday islands, outstanding food and wine, great shopping, and exciting nightlife. Book your trip today and enjoy the finest city in all of the southern hemisphere!

I'd better come there soon, as there appears to be an appreciable chance that it may be turned into a nuclear wasteland soon.

Area 52, huh? I knew it! Figures that I didn't even know I represented such a clandestine organization until now.

/me eyes Easter Island intently, but makes no statement of consequence just yet

@mrxak, on Oct 22 2007, 01:33 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Round Ten.:

Yup, everything Auckland isn't.

/me readies his spit for cooking some dragon

This post has been edited by kickme : 21 October 2007 - 10:28 PM

@darth_vader, on Oct 21 2007, 07:59 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Round Ten.:

I'd better come there soon, as there appears to be an appreciable chance that it may be turned into a nuclear wasteland soon.

Are you threatening me?

More interesting then those other boring countries.

Which is more evil? Area 52 or Auckland?!

Anyway, keep voting, people.

I vote for prophile , because Easter Island has many suspicious heads of possibly alien origin.

darth_vader has evilly and without provocation usurped that rabbit hole from its rightful owners, something only a megalomaniac dictator would do.

Additionally, the Shire of Christmas Island has unanimously voted; the island stands ready to unleash a crippling phosphate embargo on all those who would treat with terrorists!

Alright, just about everyone is voting for someone different. Fantastic. I'll just have to take a stab in the dark then, and go with darth_vader.

@gutlesswonder, on Oct 22 2007, 02:50 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Round Ten.:

Alright, just about everyone is voting for someone different. Fantastic. I'll just have to take a stab in the dark then, and go with darth_vader.

A stab in the dark? With only two people, that's not quite a bandwagon, but better not to take that risk. I must say, I'm suspicious of your motives. No one is voting for "different" people, it's more like, no one has voted except Mack, and others are making some noises in an attempt to draw each other out. If that's all you want to do, draw someone out that is, vote for someone who hasn't been voted for yet. Don't try to start a bandwagon.

We'll make it interesting, people. 24 hours to go, approx.