GTW Round VII

I don't quite agree with mrxak's reasoning, but kickme's reasoning is even worse:

Instead of cajoling people to vote along national / ideological lines, he's attacking rebelswin_85 for doing the opposite.

We have seen nothing, yet, that exonerates mrxak (Or anyone), thus claiming it is 'dishonorable' for rebelswin to vote against his own countryman is simply another form of the ideological argument; an argument that ultimately served the terrorists more than the innocent.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 28 September 2007 - 08:23 PM

So are you saying kickme is the traitor?

Are you saying that we of the Chinese aren't free? Sure, we may have many restrictions in place for the good of the people, but we are free.

@mrxak, on Sep 29 2007, 02:03 AM, said in GTW Round VII:

So are you saying kickme is the traitor?

Did you see me vote for him?

I'm not saying that it is an ironclad case of "TEH EVAL," just that the stated logic he supplied is flawed, and in a bad way.

It's the same ideologing as Game VI Round I, just aimed in a different direction.

@eugene-chin, on Sep 29 2007, 01:24 AM, said in GTW Round VII:

Did you see me vote for him?

I'm not saying that it is an ironclad case of "TEH EVAL," just that the stated logic he supplied is flawed, and in a bad way.

It's the same ideologing as Game VI Round I, just aimed in a different direction.

I'm not comfortable with so many people making half-threats and no firm commitments. We've got less than a day to make a decision and only three votes out of ten? The time has come people. There are far too many lurkers here. I'm going to keep my vote as GutlessWonder for the time being, but if I don't see some real action I'm going to have to assume that the two traitors are in the group not voting yet.

I vote for mrxak , as he is traditionally a suspicious character who tries to off everyone.

This is the way I see it...
kickme is jumping on rebelswin_85. I'm not sure I agree with the reasoning, but rebelswin_85 is rather suspicious to me, because...
rebelswin_85 is accusing me, solely because I voted first. Perhaps he is motivated to protect GutlessWonder for some reason?
GutlessWonder is refusing to commit. That's suspicious considering probably the best thing he could do if he were really a traitor would be to ignore my accusation... and then put his buddy rebelswin_85 on my tail?
darth_vader is refusing to commit as well, but at least he's suspicious of the lurkers, so I'm not overly suspicious of him.
Eugene Chin is making no commitment, although he's trying to hurt kickme's position. I'm not overly worried about him right now, but we'll see.
Anon is making no commitment, although he's trying to hurt my position. Since he did not actually vote for me, he passed my test.
Mackilroy is worried first about the Russians, now he's bandwagoning on me? Highly suspicious.
1Eevee1 is going with the cop-out of waiting for Mackilroy's decision. I'm very suspicious of him for deflecting responsibility.
prophile is suspicious of me or Mackilroy, but doesn't have the guts to actually vote for either of us. At least he's narrowed it down, but I hope he votes soon.

As far as I'm concerned, the only reason people are voting for me is because I'm actually playing the game. You can do a lot better than that, guys.

Until Mackilroy comes to his senses, I'm voting for him. Call it self-defense, or call it him failing my test. It's both, but either way I can't let him just bandwagon on me because I'm "traditionally suspicious".

Mackilroy , I must agree with mrxak. Your motives are poorly defined. Add to this the fact that you have made veiled threats to myself and my Prime Minister simply due to our national alignment. I cannot see the logic in such a choice.

But I am a rational man, convince me of your innocence. Alternately, you may convince me of mrxak's guilt.

After a careful consideration of the posts so far, both in their content and tone, I cast my vote for Retracted prophile, in an effort to draw him out.

This post has been edited by GutlessWonder : 29 September 2007 - 01:25 PM

I'm voting for Eugene Chin. He's made a post that jumps on someone else without offering much of a real explanation other than restating that it's too early to tell anything, which all of us already knew, of course. To metagame a little more, Eugene Chin is extremely shrewd, so if he's a dictator, I think we're pretty much screwed. If he's not, that's too bad, but even his shrewdness has not always prevented the dictators from winning. If he's innocent, I'll be sorry to lose him, but if he's a dictator (and remember, he hasn't been in any of the last three games) it's pretty imperative we get rid of him.

No real explanation? kickme's logic is flawed.

In the last game, ideologing became prevalent because the two dictators (darth_vader and nfreader) stoked it, and used it to your advantage.

I saw that kickme was still looking at the topic when I posted, so I had hoped to draw his attention (Note that my post was ten minutes after his). Unfortunately, kickme was gone by the time my post went up, and is only on the forums for very short, widely spaced, periods of time.

Eugene Chin, we are still waiting on your vote. You could allay my suspicions at least if you voted against Mackilroy since he is only voting for me, I think, because I was an easy target at the time.

1Eevee1, I hope that you will decide to be your own man and vote your conscience, and not blindly follow what Mackilroy says. If you don't I can only think that you will get voted off in subsequent rounds due to how suspicious this behavior is.

prophile, before you said that Mackilroy and myself were suspicious, although you gave no reasons you were at least close to a commitment. I hope that you decide finally on Mackilroy, since his reasons are very dubious for voting for me.

kickme, you voted to defend me in the past, although I did not agree with your vote at that time. Mackilroy failed my test far more than rebelswin_85 did, because Mackilroy didn't just vote for me for speaking first, he also voted in a bandwagon. I hope you consider changing your vote to Mackilroy.

rebelswin_85, you only voted for me because I spoke up first, but I can ignore that fact if you change your vote now. If you don't agree with my vote for Mackilroy, feel free to vote for anybody else that your conscience demands.

Sorry about the disappearance, timezones and all that. GMT is a pain. Although I'm in China of course. Minster of Counter Intelligence and all that.

Yeah, I'm voting for Mackilroy , because he's bandwaggoned mrxak. I can't be sure, of course, but he comes across as suspicious.

However, GutlessWonder is coming across kinda suspicious too - trying to appear pacifist and then suddenly accusing me.

prophile: consider that mrxak is usually evil, or manipulating events somehow. Sure, last round he was innocent, but that was a fluke. I merely want him out of the way before he harms any innocents this round. And we're supposed to be on the same side. 😛

Well, I don't think we should make decisions based on what's happened in previous GTW games. And we have a new GM this time. (Is GM the right term?)

@prophile, on Sep 29 2007, 01:00 PM, said in GTW Round VII:

However, GutlessWonder is coming across kinda suspicious too - trying to appear pacifist and then suddenly accusing me.

No worries, you were lurking of sorts, I wanted you to say something. Problem solved, and vote retracted.
Now, however, I must more seriously consider all of the posts before casting a final finger...

@mrxak, on Sep 29 2007, 05:24 PM, said in GTW Round VII:

Eugene Chin, we are still waiting on your vote. You could allay my suspicions at least if you voted against Mackilroy since he is only voting for me, I think, because I was an easy target at the time.

I don't buy this.

Right now, Mackilroy is the easy target; If I vote for him right now, I would be bandwagoning. By all rights, that should make me more suspicious to you, not less.

This statement of yours, that I would be less suspicious to you if I vote as you do, arouses my suspicions.

Vote: mrxak

Votes
mrxak: Mackilroy
Anon: Mackilroy
prophile: Mackilroy
rebelswin_85: mrxak
Mackilroy: mrxak
Eugene Chin: mrxak
kickme: rebelswin_85
darth_vader: Eugene Chin

GutlessWonder: <undecided>
1Eevee1: <undecided>

Tally
Mackilroy: 3
mrxak: 3
rebelswin_85: 1
Eugene Chin: 1

(Edit) This is a long way from putting anyone in their graves. There is still a tie between Mackilroy and mrxak, and two players who have yet to vote.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 29 September 2007 - 02:08 PM

@prophile, on Sep 29 2007, 01:18 PM, said in GTW Round VII:

Well, I don't think we should make decisions based on what's happened in previous GTW games. And we have a new GM this time. (Is GM the right term?)

It's close enough.

And besides, prophile, mrxak voted first, to get the heat off of him. He goes first, people think, hey, maybe he's got an inside track on who the evil dudes are, and he's fine. If he turns up the heat on someone else then he avoids detection himself.

I have been pouring over the posts so far, trying to come up with a clear suspect. As it is I cannot say with any decisiveness that any one person is evil. However, I have my suspicions, and they lead me to point my finger at mrxak.

Edit: This leaves 1Eevee1 to either force a tie, vote with the majority, or toss a vote away...

This post has been edited by GutlessWonder : 29 September 2007 - 02:08 PM

After reading the thread, I retract my vote for rebelswin_85.

Continue arguing please. (;