Delphi Ship Creations

Reminds me of an Argosy.

Reminds me of a frog.

"To the Frog-mobile!"

Nice one, Jai.

QUOTE (Dracheseele @ Aug 26 2010, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Reminds me of an Argosy.

I actually remade all the classic ships at one point - they are rediculously easy to make. The hemisphere, cone, cylinder, cube, and extruded plane (for the wings & rings) are all you need to make any of the ships.

I agree. Frog and Argosy. It's an Argofrog! Anyway, that song was awesome. And no, I didn't watch batman either. Before my time. Actually, probably not. I don't know if anybody noticed, but it has the same back wing structure as the gunboat. Except the extra two. It's just flipped around.

This post has been edited by Spartan Jai : 27 August 2010 - 02:17 PM

Umm. I hate to ask this even one more time. Could someone with a little more time on their hands make a shan of my "Scary Arachnid Boss of Doom" ship? I don't have a way to make a mask, and it wouldn't have the same 3d effects. It would look like a spinning picture, which defeats the scariness.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10032662/Untitled.skp

Just because it's up here does not mean you have to even download it. Do not feel obligated just because it's up there.

This post has been edited by Spartan Jai : 27 August 2010 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (Meaker VI @ Aug 23 2010, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, you can save your styles. And your textures, and your components, and probably something else that I'm forgetting. The little calculator-triangle thing on the right of the styles window, above the frame where the styles actually show up does it - click it and click "Open or create a local collection" and then create a folder and put your style(s) in there. Purge or forcibly-delete any you don't want, and make sure you click the house-shaped button (for "home" menu) so you get the styles in your model and not some already-pre-saved set.

Thanks that helps a lot, I'm still having a little trouble editing the description box though. Any help on that?

This post has been edited by Sp3cies : 28 August 2010 - 10:29 AM

A formal introduction to... The Gunslinger Class Pirate Assault Craft. Made with generous use of Darthkev's Rotary Cannon. Ya know, Darthkev, you're probably gonna get a couple lawsuits soon 😛

Just to show off the guns...

The Gunslinger in combat...

Wanna know what the pilot's thinking?...

Hee Hee Hee...

Nice, but why am I going to get lawsuits? Because of all the ships being harassed by pirates thanks to my cannon?

In essence, something like that. Well, on the plus side, you have a monopoly on miniguns. Well enough being funny... Darn...

By the way, if you are going to comment on any of this, do it in a useful post, such as...

Why can't we be funny anymore? Anyway, a insert subject I insert verb

link or image

<A really long explanation of what the link is and what it does or what the image is about and what exactly is being shown to the letter, and all around being extremely boring, and I should probably stop this run-on before someone gets angry>

EDIT: Actually, that reminds me of some lawsuit a while ago (like so many years that I wasn't alive) when a woman sued Heckler and Koch because someone shot up their house with one of H & K's guns. They didn't win, but who wants to pay for a lawyer???

This post has been edited by Spartan Jai : 28 August 2010 - 08:33 PM

Decided to throw a Rebel ship into the mix, and here's what the Federal Heavy Fighter pilot's thinking...

Nononononononooooo! Good Lord at least let me get ONE kill on my record before I die!!! Seeing as he's got his crosshairs lined up good enough, he should be able to make the kill...

...or maybe not...

I figured I should stop obsessing over Darthkev's Rotary Cannon, so I made my own gun. It's not a minigun. Semi-Auto Heavy Cannon.

I really like this cockpit thing, don't I?

One of the Heavy Cannons.

And the Engine Glow. Didn't have one previously because I assumed (bad idea) that it would ruin the stealthy pirate appearance of the craft.

Boy was I wrong...

EDIT: Ya know, I find it kind of weird that nobody else has posted for about, let's say, 21 HOURS!!!!!!! Makes me feel kind of awkward, like this thread has been dead for a while and only I'm dumb enough to keep posting. I DO know that it isn't dead. Correct me if I'm wrong.

This post has been edited by Spartan Jai : 29 August 2010 - 05:22 PM

I'm still making ships, too, but they're all for HOTS and will show up in my HOTS Thread eventually. If I make some random little thing I might post it here. I do have this thing from a while back, though.

Nice fighter, Jai. You still making warships or just one-man craft?

That looks awesome! Other than the fact (brace yourself) that I don't find the core as detailed as the ring or other parts. And, reminds me of a Manticore, which could have been the intention.
About the warships, if I make them too big and detailed my computer practically dies. The spinning beach ball sat there once for an hour and thirty seven minutes. I kid you not. I counted. Well, I looked at the clock, and I was reading most of the time... The original intent for the most recent fighter started as a warship. I soon figured out that if I flipped it upside-down, and added six pieces (about) it would make an incredible fighter. By the way, if you had waited another 22 minutes before posting, it would have been 24 hours since anyone had posted but me... I do have a warship I'm currently working on, but I had to put it aside for school. And conveniently (yes I looked at the image while posting), your image is titled Manticore. Hmm. Wow.

I'm sorry. I did it again. Warship turns to fighter. On the plus side, I did add a carrier.

Fighter attacking cruiser.

Fighter launching from above class cruiser modified carrier. I's so proud. sob

Don't know if anyone noticed, but I put a scaled down fighter in the bay for effect.

QUOTE (Spartan Jai @ Aug 29 2010, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And, reminds me of a Manticore, which could have been the intention... And conveniently (yes I looked at the image while posting), your image is titled Manticore. Hmm. Wow.

Yeah, it was meant to be an EVN Manticore made out of Delphi's pieces. It was mainly a joke because king_of_manticores had mentioned wanting to base his 'Inexorable' on the Manticore but couldn't figure out how to do it. I threw that thing together in a matter of minutes just to show an example of how it could be done. The short time frame of its construction also explains the lack of detail.

Ah. That makes so much sense.

QUOTE (DarthKev @ Aug 29 2010, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, it was meant to be an EVN Manticore made out of Delphi's pieces. It was mainly a joke because king_of_manticores had mentioned wanting to base his 'Inexorable' on the Manticore but couldn't figure out how to do it. I threw that thing together in a matter of minutes just to show an example of how it could be done. The short time frame of its construction also explains the lack of detail.

Yeah. Instead, I made a Thunderforge 😛

QUOTE (Sp3cies @ Aug 28 2010, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks that helps a lot, I'm still having a little trouble editing the description box though. Any help on that?

I usually don't worry too much about descriptions, since they don't always show up and there isn't a good way to deal with them. However, in the component window, you can change the description. First, select your component (Make sure you're on your model's 'home' component page or it won't let you do anything to it), it will try to put it into the model, but ignore that. Instead, click on the spot next to the small picture and under the name box on the component window, that's the description text area. Type whatever you want, hit enter, and click somewhere else. The description should be updated for the component and in the component window.

But like I said, I usually don't use the description because it doesn't work well. Instead, I try to make all my components have a good thumbnail. I think sketchup creates the thumbnail based on the viewport when the component is created. You can make all your components have the same view by copying them and making them unique before editing.

QUOTE (Spartan Jai @ Aug 29 2010, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

EDIT: Ya know, I find it kind of weird that nobody else has posted for about, let's say, 21 HOURS!!!!!!! Makes me feel kind of awkward, like this thread has been dead for a while and only I'm dumb enough to keep posting. I DO know that it isn't dead. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't generally use computers on weekends.

Hmm. Okay.

Since Darthkev was (sort of) complaining, emphasis on SORT OF, I decided to make another warship. I made it of the same family my most recent fighter is. I should just make an armada. If I felt like it, I could probably make an entire TC with the stuff I've made.

Wanna know what the captia-ehhh. Probably not. But, I'm gonna tell you anyway.

I. Am. Awesome. Do not question my might. Mwaha. Mwahaha.