Delphi Ship Creations

Let's see if this works...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10032662/MedDhingy.skp

EDIT: Okay that works. Feel free to download to make a shan, alter, or just mess around with.

This post has been edited by Spartan Jai : 24 August 2010 - 07:28 PM

Hello? Anyone still read this? Sorry for my impatience.

QUOTE (Spartan Jai @ Aug 25 2010, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Frame 34/36 of the sprite rendered; it takes awhile for this kind of thing. If I had immediately downloaded and started your render right after you posted it, it still would have taken 6 hours to do it the way I'm doing it.

QUOTE (Spartan Jai @ Aug 25 2010, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tend not to post here if I don't have anything useful to say. Since I can't render the ship for you, saying so seemed a useless gesture to me.

No, I didn't mean about that. But thank you. I meant, why has no one posted here? No one posted for about a day. That usually doesn't happen.

EDIT: What renderer are you using?

This post has been edited by Spartan Jai : 25 August 2010 - 03:47 PM

Twilight.

Everybody gets one.

PS: 6 frames to a side - 256px x 256px @ 100% of image size. Sprite, Glow, and associated masks. .Png format.

This post has been edited by Meaker VI : 25 August 2010 - 05:03 PM

Thanks, Meaker. You have no idea. Well, I've made it to a shan, and made a ship resource for it, but still tweaking final stats and weapons. Don't worry, Meaker, I gave you and Delphi your rightful credit in the description, and I will in the readme. I'll be posting it soon on the Addons Page. By the way, what are the shoeprints for? I guess I'll make a ship out of those, too. See what it looks like.

QUOTE (Spartan Jai @ Aug 25 2010, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...By the way, what are the shoeprints for? I guess I'll make a ship out of those, too. See what it looks like.

What shoe prints? I've posted the engine glow, engine glow-mask, sprite mask, and sprite (in that order). There are no unnecessary images there, unless you don't want your ship to use glow images.

Whoops. My bad. Lack of understanding. So, at the moment, I'm just trying to get the ship size right, which no matter what isn't changing, and fix a large bug. Whenever I try and buy new outfits this ship, it won't let me. I can't even click the buy button. I'll add the engine glow. By the way, if you'll let me, I'd like to use your quad railgun design as a weapon on the dingy.

EDIT: So far it looks beautiful. Still haven't fixed the size or outfit issue, but other than that, I commend Meaker on his work.

This post has been edited by Spartan Jai : 25 August 2010 - 06:57 PM

You're free to base your ideas on any image I've posted.

I'm not sure what you mean about there being a bug - you say "Whenever I try to buy new outfits this ship..." which doesn't make sense. In this ship? For this ship?

In any event, You might have a bit set wrong, or zero outfit space, or not enough cash, or not enough guns/turrets.

When I try to buy new outfits in this ship. I had to make a lot of stuff standard because of that. No bits, 50 tons free, 450-somethin' million credits... I'm pretty sure I met it all. Ship Resource 894

Jai, you can't buy outfits for your ship because you didn't give it a certain Contribute bit. Without that bit the engine will think your ship is a Vell-os ship and won't let you put anything but Marine Platoons on it. Open some of the stock Nova files and look at the shïp resources in there. Click on Bit-Based Effects and then click the button to the right of the word Contribute. For every ship in EVN (except Vell-os ships) you'll see the A5 bit is checked. Check that bit in the shïp resource for your Dinghy and you'll be able to buy outfits for it.

As for the size issue, shän resources don't change the size of the sprite, they merely record the size. Changing what the shän says so it's different from what the rlëD really is can cause problems, so don't do that. You need to scale the image Meaker provided up or down, depending on if you want it larger or smaller, respectively. Make sure to scale the masks, too. Also make sure to record the new size in the shän resource.

Ah. Okay. I have no way to scale it accurately, so I'll let that go. I'll check the contribute bit in a sec. That worked, and since I can't scale it, I'll change it to a Medical Light Frigate, and upgrade/downgrade some stats.

This post has been edited by Spartan Jai : 25 August 2010 - 07:30 PM

Hmm. Double posting. Anyway, changed to Medical Frigate, just have to add and tweak some weapons. Other than that, it's beautiful. Take a look.

EDIT: Link doesn't work. I guess that's okay, because I'm going to make a new system that actually has Delphi Shipyards and the Meaker Paint Plant. 😛 . Just wait until it gets on the addons page.

EDIT2: Pretty awesome news for my 200th post, right??? 😄

This post has been edited by Spartan Jai : 25 August 2010 - 07:43 PM

Use GIMP to shrink the image. The link is also in my signature. It'll open up and be confusing, but I recommend clicking on "Image" then down to "Image scale." Use the drop downs that say "pixels" and switch to "percent". Scale all of them by ~50% to bring the individual sprite size down to 128x, which is more reasonable and would probably make the ship appear roughly the size of a valk or starbridge. 'Save as...' the image and do the whole sprite thing over again, so you don't mess with the original files.

Got it thanks. But the original concept was for it to be about shuttle sized. So, I'll shrink it a little more than 128, unless that's not possible for shans. Thanks though. and if I'm correct, I can use gimp for masks, right?

When I open gimp, it says, where is X111, or X11, and wants me to pick an application to open gimp with or something? Huh?

I have no idea why you're having trouble getting it to work, I just downloaded the latest stable installer for my system and it works fine. You may have downloaded a version that doesn't work for your system, or you may not have some sub-process that you need (Java, Flash, etc).

As for sizing, I was mostly recommending a size that will work and should be easy to implement. While whole-pixel sizes are a requirement, typical power-of-2 sizes are not. Also, the vessel rendered smaller than it's bounding box, and so if you shrink it to the same border dimensions as a shuttle, the ship will appear much smaller.

No, I just guessed, and it looks fine. A little small, but it worked. I used ColorSynch Utility which has a scale tool in the toolbar. Found that out after I went hunting through four different apps. Thanks.

Some experimenting with my sphere, flattened in this graphic.

This isn't even something I'd consider using in Delphi's TC. Just because it's too smooth. Anyway, if someone doesn't know how, or is just feelin' a little lazy, I can upload the sphere for you. It's actually easy to make, but you have to get it pretty darn close to perfect.