Outfit Output Thingy

You know how there's an app that spits out mission outputs displaying bits and stuff like that? Is there one similar for outfits? I'm currently trying to see outfits and their tech levels in a much better way. I was hoping some app would list a number of outfits and the tech level it's associated with.

I wouldn't know for a mac, but on PC, EVNEW can export pretty much every resource into a text file, which can quite easily be turned into a spreadsheet. Then you're free to filter whatever information you want. I just checked and successfuly exported Nova Data 4 with all the outfits into a text file.

No clue about a mac app though, sorry.

I think you're looking for ConText, which will export a tab-delimited text file of any resource type that can be loaded into a spreadsheet program (say Numbers) for easy viewing.

This post has been edited by MadFax7 : 08 November 2007 - 11:24 AM

Okay, I think I'll make a search for ConText and try it out, thanks for the help though.

Aak! w00tware died with ev-nova.net!

It's horrible! I'm glad I have a copy of p2s and m2s. I couldn't work without those little beuties.

@dr--trowel, on Nov 8 2007, 01:33 PM, said in Outfit Output Thingy:

Aak! w00tware died with ev-nova.net!

It looks like they’re all still available in the add-ons directory, under Utilities; if there’s anything missing, let me know, and I’ll put it up.

Try this link:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070307140515/...re.ev-nova.net/

Though the site is gone, I suspect the actual files are still downloadable, I know cause I just tried one of the download link.

@david-arthur, on Nov 8 2007, 02:50 PM, said in Outfit Output Thingy:

It looks like they’re all still available in the add-ons directory, under Utilities; if there’s anything missing, let me know, and I’ll put it up.

OK, it looks like everything is still available. Whoo. Thanks for the archive link, Coraxus.

Still... when the question is about what tools were used to make Nova, that page has always been the easy answer. Any chance you could put it back up, David? 😄

There are only three pages of utilities on the addons, w00tware's stuff isn't hard to find 😉

(edit) I can't believe there are developers who don't have ConText/ResStore 😮

This post has been edited by Guy : 08 November 2007 - 06:34 PM

You mean developers like myself? I don't use them either.

I use MissionComputer.

@0101181920, on Nov 8 2007, 09:58 PM, said in Outfit Output Thingy:

I use MissionComputer.

:rolleyes:
LOLZ

Why? And what is the Z?

Because ConText/ResStore serve rather different purposes to MC.

@0101181920, on Nov 10 2007, 04:18 PM, said in Outfit Output Thingy:

And what is the Z?

Internet meme (a la ftw, srsly, O RLY? / YA RLY / NO WAI, zOMG, etc.). Probably from 4chan.

@0101181920, on Nov 10 2007, 03:18 PM, said in Outfit Output Thingy:

Why? And what is the Z?

Like Orca said. Usually used in place of a 's', like shipz, though also randomly tacked onto other things, such as "lol". The latter probably comes from the same places a "zorz" or "xxorz", such as "SPAMZORZ!" I think the "internet language" it all decends from is h4xx0rz, which is pretty similiar, albeit noticably different, from 1337.