Graphics

Where cani get readymade graphics

Hi iv'e not posted much but anyway is there a website where i can download Ready made graphics im on windows and obviously using Ev New but what graphic program/editor should i use

Periods, question marks, And proper grammer are good choices. You can find them next to you right shift key.

It depends on hwat kind of graphics you're looking for. The only repository of grphics I know of might be ships, and I'm not sure where the link is. There isn't really a website of ready made graphics. As for making them, you might want to check out this thread for people interested in doing work. If you want to make your own, check out GIMP.

I know what you mean by having to find graphics for Windows. But like nfreader said, what graphics are you looking for. Ship ones are hard to come by, and the only good place i know of is other peoples plugins. But thats not morally right anyways. For spob graphics the landscape is easy, just seach a picture on the internet. For its planet, you could use a picture of a borg cube and it would work. Weapon graphics are easy. Just grab a forward view of what you want to shoot and then use SpinAPP(Found here - EVN Plugins) Its a jar executable incase you can't figure out how to run it. :laugh:
Did i miss any?

All the publicly available ready-made free graphics that I know of for the EV series are showing their age.

Try Meowx Shipyards and its Resource Freighter 3 link collection, or EVula's Shipyard. Be prepared to wade through a lot of dead links to find usable stuff!

There also are some entries in the add-ons collection which the authors say contain reusable graphics, sometimes because the plugs are unfinished.

This post has been edited by Dr. Trowel : 31 July 2006 - 05:06 PM

My tiny shipyard is located Here.

This post has been edited by modesty_blaise_us : 31 July 2006 - 03:36 PM

@modesty-blaise, on Jul 31 2006, 04:34 PM, said in Graphics:

My small shipyard is here.

Oh man! Sorry -- Forgot about your excellent (and EVN-ready) set of ships!

Though Dreamwave, Ewan's Lair, and Onyx's site are all down, I probably forgot about others, too.... I'm looking forward to being reminded. ^_^

@modesty-blaise, on Jul 31 2006, 09:34 PM, said in Graphics:

Wow everyone these are great thanks for the response!
Ummm how would i go about integrating them into the game
And can i convert the ones for EV/EVO to evn format kinda :huh:

This post has been edited by Liam Porteous : 31 July 2006 - 04:57 PM

@dr--trowel, on Jul 31 2006, 03:40 PM, said in Graphics:

and Onyx's site are all down,=

I have all of Onyx's ships, converted to rle (both) already, but I don't know if I have redistrobution rights.

@liam-porteous, on Jul 31 2006, 11:51 PM, said in Graphics:

Wow everyone these are great thanks for the response!
Ummm how would i go about integrating them into the game
And can i convert the ones for EV/EVO to evn format kinda :huh:

If you have a Mac, and you know how to properly set up EV/EVO spďn ressources for these two, all you have to do is produce a resource file containing these spďns and the appropriate PICT images. You can then use the program EnRLE available here to convert the pictures to RLE, the format used by Nova. If you have Mac OS X, you can use Rezilla to edit resource files instead of running the legacy software ResEdit on the classic environment (in both cases, you will need the proper TMPL files, also available on the web page behind the first link).

@pez, on Aug 1 2006, 10:15 AM, said in Graphics:

If you have Mac OS X, you can use Rezilla to edit resource files instead of running the legacy software ResEdit on the classic environment.

We have our own Rezilla Custom from Zacha Pedro to do this job, complete with some very advanced (compared to ResEdit) built-in templates. 🙂

@modesty-blaise, on Jul 31 2006, 01:34 PM, said in Graphics:

Very nice graphics 😄

@modesty-blaise, on Aug 1 2006, 06:34 AM, said in Graphics:

My tiny shipyard

See, this is why they call him "Modesty" 😄

@modesty-blaise, on Jul 31 2006, 03:34 PM, said in Graphics:

wow those are good ships you should keep up the good work{if your planning on adding more} 😄

Im using windows wich I suppose will make it o so much harder...no?
So how do i turn them into formats for windows EV nova coz some are for the older games

This post has been edited by Liam Porteous : 01 August 2006 - 07:51 AM

@newbie-101, on Aug 1 2006, 03:44 AM, said in Graphics:

Very nice graphics

@newbie-101, on Aug 1 2006, 03:44 AM, said in Graphics:

wow those are good ships you should keep up the good work{if your planning on adding more} 😄

Thanks.
I am not planning on adding anymore ships as of today. I might if I make some ships outside of any plugin projects I participate in.

See, this is why they call him "Modesty"

I really wish this was true.

This post has been edited by modesty_blaise_us : 01 August 2006 - 11:14 AM

@liam-porteous, on Aug 1 2006, 02:52 AM, said in Graphics:

Im using windows wich I suppose will make it o so much harder...no?
So how do i turn them into formats for windows EV nova coz some are for the older games

Modesty's ships are in Mac Nova plugs, I think -- you can drop them on the Mac-to-PC converter that came with your copy of Nova, and then you should be able to use them with EVNEW with no trouble.

As to getting into EV or EVO plug files to a format you can use with PC Nova, you'll need advice from someone who in on a PC, and that isn't me. Feeding them through the Nova plug converter might give you a .rez file from which you can steal PICTs to turn into RLEs, but I'm just guessing here.

I think there is an EV/EVO to EVN convertor in the EVN plugins directory. I dont have tiem to check, so someone else double check for me, i recall hearing something about it before.

@chronodrago, on Aug 1 2006, 08:31 PM, said in Graphics:

I think there is an EV/EVO to EVN convertor in the EVN plugins directory. I dont have tiem to check, so someone else double check for me, i recall hearing something about it before.

I know this topic is old now but wow thanks for all the help ill be off digging around the Plug-ins page For the converting stuff Also Dr.Trowel The files i downloaded from modestys shipyard are in a kinda Stuffit encoded file format thingy if that makes any sense at all. :laugh:

This post has been edited by Liam Porteous : 03 August 2006 - 06:13 AM

@modesty-blaise, on Aug 1 2006, 06:05 PM, said in Graphics:

I really wish this was true.

😄 Here we go again, being modest. Seriously, you are modest and extremely talented, I'll vouch for that 🙂

@liam-porteous, on Aug 3 2006, 01:12 PM, said in Graphics:

I know this topic is old now but wow thanks for all the help ill be off digging around the Plug-ins page For the converting stuff Also Dr.Trowel The files i downloaded from modestys shipyard are in a kinda Stuffit encoded file format thingy if that makes any sense at all. :laugh:

Old? Three days old?

Anyway, since they are Stuffit encoded, you need to open them with Stuffit Expander before dropping the ".bin" files in your Plug-ins Conversion program.

Following ZP's tutorial:

the plug-in files will have a .bin extension.
Drag and drop any .bin files on the convertor (it's named "Convert Plug-ins.exe") - you'll know if it works because the DOS window that pops up scrolls some text across it quite fast, and a new .rez file will appear which has the same name as the .bin file you put in. You'll also get a file called resource.map, which should be deleted. Delete also any .DS_Store or _Icon files.
Then put the .rez files and the .mov file in your Nova Plug-ins directory.

This post has been edited by Pace : 03 August 2006 - 07:40 AM