A Return to the EVO Webstory

To Igadzra player-

Azdgari fleet uses Level 4 phase shielding and Azdgari hyperdrives at this point.

The Azdgari hyperdrives are what enables me to do these jump-strikes, and they also allowed me to do all my scans.

The Level 4 phase shielding is a major shield update. Bear in mind that Azdaras and Azdgari Aradas facing death by overwhelming fire (but not one-hit-kill weapons) will activate overload regeneration and immediately leave the battle. This dampens the number of ships lost to enemy primary fire significantly, but means I end up with a lot of overloaded Azdaras.

Azdgari Arada shields increased by ~30%, Azdara shields increased by more than that, as the upgrade was a combination of points and percentages... Azdaras probably up by more like 60% shields overall, since they have so little shields in the first place. The main point of the Level 4 shielding is regeneration... remember this.

Under heavy fire, Azdgari ships will always just leave range of the weapons and regenerate quickly. As I said, under overwhelming fire, overload regeneration is used as a last resort.

Thunder, your colonisation of F-25 is revoked. It's already being colonised by the Emalgha as of the post right before yours.

Damn, that's the best grounds on which I've ever revoked anything.

(Edit: that is, your project is revoked, because it would immediately be rendered impossible. Not saying you can't try at all.)

This post has been edited by SilverDragon : 25 February 2005 - 10:34 AM

SilverDragon, on Feb 25 2005, 09:22 AM, said:

Thunder, your colonisation of F-25 is revoked. It's already being colonised by the Emalgha as of the post right before yours.

Damn, that's the best grounds on which I've ever revoked anything.

(Edit: that is, your project is revoked, because it would immediately be rendered impossible. Not saying you can't try at all.)
View Post

There's a definate problem with Grundy even being able to get to F-25 before Thunder, considering the Miranu were researching the NPD before him, but he managed to get a tech with better results in a shorter time. My fault for not clearing it up beforehand.

I'd prefer not to have to kick either player out of the nebula, so is there any way you guys can come to an in story solution? If neither of you want to share we'll have to figure something else out.

And just to let everyone know what all my ships will be outfitted with by tomorrow (without getting into the rather complicated scale of how big and small everything actually is), because of the equipment systems upgrade I did...

Igazra
+1 Particle Beam
+5 Class-3 Halcyon Torpedos
+5 Class-2 Halcyon Torpedos
+2 Graviton Beams
+1 PDS Battery

Igara
+1 Swivel Particle Cannon
+60 Class-1 Halcyon Torpedos
+2 PDS Batteries

As for any future ship designs I build, the smaller equipment will already be taken into account. And yes, I was very careful in how much space I had to work with for all of my weapons.

Oh, and here are the specs for the Zephyr Rocket:

ZEPHYR ROCKET
Shield Damage: 261
Armor Damage: 76
Speed: 750 (beginning speed) 1350 (ending speed)
Count: 90
Reload: 100
Impact: 20
ProxRadius: 6
BlastRadius: 40

And finally, for the Ixada Orbital Defense Platform:

IXADA ORBITAL DEFENSE PLATFORM (ODP)
Shield Capacity: 4,000
Shield Regeneration: 500
Structural Integrity: 100
Minimum Crew: 170
Weaponry:
1. 12x Particle Beams
2. 24x PDS Batteries
3. 12x Graviton Beam
4. 3x Type-2 Torpedo Launchers + 50x Class-3 and 120x Class-2 Halcyon Torpedoes

Vice Admiral Ipvicus, on Feb 25 2005, 12:57 PM, said:

There's a definate problem with Grundy even being able to get to F-25 before Thunder, considering the Miranu were researching the NPD before him, but he managed to get a tech with better results in a shorter time. My fault for not clearing it up beforehand.

I'd prefer not to have to kick either player out of the nebula, so is there any way you guys can come to an in story solution? If neither of you want to share we'll have to figure something else out.
View Post

While I don't disagree that the Miranu were researching the NPD several days before me, I did in fact put 4 days into Sensors first, then an additional 3 for the Nebula clearer, making it 7, then took 4 or 5 days to explore the nebula. When you add up the numbers, it does make sense; we spend the same time researching it, and his is far more advanced than mine.

Aye, there are more planets in the Ji Nebula than F-25, however unpleasant they may be...

I'm shure you two can reach a compromise

Hmm, I hadn't expected this outcome... but these things make for great plot twists. I think I've made something interesting out of it: first contact between the Miranu and Emalgha.

I think that my in-story response should resolve the situation satisfactorily. 🙂

vIsitor, I believe you're going to get Peter and the others involved in the FLF...

Yeager and Iagraz might get along well.

Oh, and if anyone's wondering why the hell ten Kraits are destroyed, I'm sorry for an oversight, but I'm used to small-unit action...y'see how it works? Mainly focusing on Yeager, Marshall and Nohrgen. The others aren't mentioned...

Ryuu, on Feb 26 2005, 02:51 PM, said:

vIsitor, I believe you're going to get Peter and the others involved in the FLF...

Yeager and Iagraz might get along well.

Oh, and if anyone's wondering why the hell ten Kraits are destroyed, I'm sorry for an oversight, but I'm used to small-unit action...y'see how it works? Mainly focusing on Yeager, Marshall and Nohrgen. The others aren't mentioned...
View Post

oh goodie! perhaps we can 'meet' while I'm searching fore potenial personel...

Hehehehehehe....

I think there's something weird going on. Every time I post it's a new page... I have to get more active than that. 🙂

On another note, I'm really enjoying reading everything you guys have been coming up with.

(Edit)If anybody's wondering about the one post battle I just posted, Esponer and I discussed what would happen and he agreed to let me post the whole thing as one narrative.(/edit)

This post has been edited by Vice Admiral Ipvicus : 27 February 2005 - 01:14 AM

Really need to properly clear the SIN with Ipvicus, and post it here, but it's late. I'll try to talk to him now (he doesn't seem to be saying anything over AIM), and get some idea of what it can be.

Just so y'all know, Captain Carnotaur has handed the Voinian Player spot to me. Consul Bob, you might want to read the end of the post.

Sorry for falling so far behind.

I'll post the modifications I'm making to the Crescent Fighters as soon as possible. I just wanted to let everyone know that my scouts are not going to attempt to stay in the system they're in. Unless they are unable to outrun pursuers. They will also not use any advanced weaponry under any circumstances

Specops, I think you and I need to talk a bit about some of the things in your last post. Be looking out for a PM.

In figuring today's production I discovered two major oversights and a minor error from my last production cycle that overestimated my forces by about 100 Zidaras and 70 fighters.

Yeah... I know. From what I can tell when I finally posted at 2:33 I forgot to include my "Inquisition Forces" in the final countup, and added 100 ships that I thought I was missing to my other systems.

The minor error is that 18 Zidaras dissappeared somewhere in between. If someone wants to check up on me the last count that's right should be 2/16/05.

My solution has been to not add the 100 Zidaras and 70 of the fighters that I've produced since then to today's ship count. Since the Inquisition Forces have supposedly been a secret IC this probably dosn't matter.

This post has been edited by Vice Admiral Ipvicus : 28 February 2005 - 02:39 AM

Subspace-Interface Nexus
10 days.

Basically, this is a continuation of Vakhys’ research into subdimensional theory. The SIN is to be the cornerstone of all future technologies to come out of this theory, because it is basically the device which allows Azdgari vessels to access subdimensions. It involves mention of hyperspheres, which are tiny versions of hypercubes which are used primarily to transfer data to and from subdimensions. They can also transfer small amount of matter, and as such the SIN will later be used to plug antimatter reactors into, as matter can be flipped through hyperspheres into antimatter, transferred into an antimatter reactor, reacted with matter, producing vast amounts of energy.

For now, however, the SIN is a network of hypersphere rings which will be fitted onto every Azdgari ship (more hypersphere rings on Aradas representing more capabilities - and once the antimatter is built, far more power). In many ways, it is the base for future technologies, as it provides the basic system and the 10 day project also includes general prerequisite theories that will lead to future technologies (not all of which have to be researched by Vakhys - so my 2nd slot may also be used in the future for related techs to some extent, but revolutionary stuff is limited to the 1st.)

The SIN’s primary use on its own is as an ftl communication device. While in actuality the SIN-comm. system does not rely on hyperlinks, for the sake of simplicity it can be thought of as taking about 30 minutes per hyperlink to transfer data. The reason behind this extremely fast pace is that while ordinary hypercomms rely on transferring information through hyperspace, an actual dimension where it seems data cannot travel faster than 1 hyperlink per day, the SIN uses artificial subdimensions which are connected to by ships across realspace (over-simplification, but we’re talking extremely odd stuff here.)

The SIN device itself has a second, patchwork application. A “SIN-sensor” can be employed working under a related premise to the comm. system. It is extremely primitive and, as of now, can do nothing more than pinpoint the locations of ships quick enough to have major battlefield applications. Although primitive, the SIN-sensor will likely be used in conjunction with generic hypersensors to escape the negative effects of ECMs. Due to the nature of the SIN-sensor, confusing it is a far different matter from confusing ordinary hypersensors that work under a premise that everybody has access to.

As aforementioned, a later designed antimatter reactor can be plugged into a ship’s SIN, and in turn produce antiparticles for a beam weapon to replace phase weaponry eventually in yet another project. The SIN also provides the base for research into new forms of ftl travel, and perhaps other things...

Level 5 Phase Shielding
8 days.

Replacing the Level 4 phase shielding developed some weeks ago is the next stage is the project to improve the Azdgari shielding systems.

Differences:

1. An increase in the effective shielding of all Azdgari vessels in the region of ~40% over Level 4 phase shielding. Unlike Level 4 phase shielding which improved some basic systems allowing the Azdara very significant bonus on top of the overall improvements, Level 5 shielding applies this new bonus to Azdaras, (Azdgari/Freight) Aradas and Warships equally. This increase is the primary change in the L5 shielding.

2. Shield regenerators are now 20% more efficient, meaning that Azdgari ships will regenerate even faster than the L4 shielding, although the factor of improvement is now far less.

3. Shield dispersion. A similarly desperate technique to overload regeneration, this allows Azdgari ships to surrender their shielding almost completely (Azdaras will keep just enough to survive in space). The shield generator is temporarily overloaded, as opposed to the overloading of the shield regenerators in L4. (Consequently, overload regeneration may be called overloading, whereas this is called dispersion - the two effects may work together, but overload regeneration ends when the generator is burnt out by shield dispersion, which is sooner.) The effect is a temporary shield net 50% more powerful, which collapses after 4-5 seconds. As a result, the shield generator itself is annihilated. The result of this is that the ship is left virtually unshielded, and also incapable of regenerative abilities.

4. Some general improvements to reliability, stability and calibration. These upgrades will have no influence on battles.

This post has been edited by SilverDragon : 28 February 2005 - 03:33 PM

Okay, specops, I suggest you rewrite your post with the following info in mind: You have two giant groups of fighters on both of my flanks. All of my fighters and Drones are currently blockading the way to my larger ships (you'll have to get through them to get to my fleet), while my larger ships are charging directly at your other group of fighters, firing railguns. Your larger ships are coming head on straight to my platforms, and beyond that my planet. You have a few hundred fighters with your larger ships.

Also, you have far too many interceptor losses.

Crescent Fighter mkII stats:
Everything is in Res-edit form and looking for approval. I'm actually pushing the boundaries of what should be allowed here, but it is essentially an upgrade to a slightly superior level to the standard Zachit Fighter. Total time on this project is 4 days, with both slots focused.

Speed: 525 (Same as the standard Zachit fighter)
Maneuver: 7 (Halfway between an Azdara and a Crescent Fighter)
Acceleration: 1200 (Halfway between an Azdara and a Crescent Fighter)
Shield: 200 (No change from standard)
Exterior armor: 75 (50% additional increase, this is probably asking for moderation)
Armor: 1
Shield Recharge: 15 (Twice as fast as standard, only slightly faster than standard Zachit fighter)
Fuel: 500 (Increase of 200)
Free Mass:0 (Loss of 18 tons)
Cargo: 0 (Loss of 5 tons)

Outfits:
Veldegrass cannon
Afterburner
Solar Panel

This post has been edited by Paranoid : 01 March 2005 - 10:57 AM

grunadulater, on Feb 28 2005, 09:56 PM, said:

Okay, specops, I suggest you rewrite your post with the following info in mind: You have two giant groups of fighters on both of my flanks. All of my fighters and Drones are currently blockading the way to my larger ships (you'll have to get through them to get to my fleet), while my larger ships are charging directly at your other group of fighters, firing railguns. Your larger ships are coming head on straight to my platforms, and beyond that my planet. You have a few hundred fighters with your larger ships.

Also, you have far too many interceptor losses.
View Post

I'm waiting on some clarification from Ipvicus, and then I'll edit my battle post. In the meantime, Ipvicus has informed me that I can't do what I planned to do with Supply Ships, so instead the projects are as follows:

R&D:
Slot 1: Outpost Refitting: 1 RTD, to be completed 3/1/05

Slot 2: Shield Upgrades: 2 RTD, to be completed 3/2/05

Slot 3: Grav-tech: 7 RTD (from now), of which 4 will come from this slot and 3 will come from Slot 1. At the end of this period, Jason will have a working prototype. After that point, it will take 4 RTD (still using both slots 1 and 2) to completely outfit all outposts; they will be outfitted in order of those closest to the frontier first.