Council station? What for??? + background

since most are sharing the meanings of their names, i might as well spill the beans.

putzomag is an abbreviation of "putzo the magnificent", a fictional character created by myself for nickname purposes in 12th grade. it didn't stick until i used it in a video report for us gov't class (i was one of five panelists discussing the bill of rights. it was a long time ago. don't ask for more detail).

well, it's a helluva lot better than "SYH" (fraternity nickname, don't ask).

------------------
What's good for General Motors is good for the country.

test

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

OK, orcs are not animals, they live like animals. But what about trolls??

Orks are Dorks without a Dunce cap.

Isn't it amazing that this post started out by asking what Council Station was for? It's weird where things can go.

------------------
Luca Rescigno
"I have nothing to fear but secret sauce"

Yes, amazing. Amazing how often that happens, too.

Yes, it starts from a subject about council station, and I still don't know how to improve my status on this planet and how this system is made for...

------------------

the Millenium.

Wow, we must all have ADD; we can't keep on topic for more than oh...8 posts.
First off, the council station: This place was added to EVO to be a plug-in maker's dream. Mysterious, HEAVILY defended, and no one knows how it got there. As for a piolet playing in normal EVO, you can't do much with it. If you attack ANYTHING (except, of course, renegades) in the vicinity of this place tey hate you. If you do nothing, they're forbidden. You can't even bribe them (bribing is almost useless in EVO). If you can conquer them (yeah, right), you must cheat, or you shamelessly use the Monty Python.

Next, my nickname: U-99. Several years ago, I reaqd this book called The Death of the U-boats. In short, the U-boats were the (deadly) German subs during WWII. (No, I'm not a neo-nazi; nazis and their ideals make me sick.) The most sucessful captain was called Kretschmer, and he commanded U-99 (A type-VII Atlantic boat I think. This is from memory.). At any rate, I thought the captain and ship, and their respective names, were great. When I started playing EV, I needed a sweet name for my Kestral. I used U-99. (for more info see (url="http://"http://uboat.net")http://uboat.net(/url) )

More on plug-ins later.

U-99

(Reply to whoevever's speaking in various languages) Sprechen sie Deutsch? Neither do I.

Gosh, how this topic has wandered...

• What is the Council Station there for, and how do you make them like you?

• A word misspelled leads to...

• Foreign Language time!

• "I have destroyed the dominated the Council Station with a Voinian Cruisier and a fleet of Confederate Cruisers!"

• Voinian Cruisers and Confederate Cruisers in the same game? Interesting...

• He must have a trans-universe teleporter...

• Wonder what would happen if we pitted the Voinians against the Confeds...

• Much talk about interaction between the universes...

• Maybe there's a wormhole...

• Made by the aliens...

• Are you thinkin' what I'm thinkin'? Let's make this a plug...

• Lots of talk about this possibility...

• We could have the aliens attack the EVO universe!

• More talk about the could-be plug...

• I wonder if the strands would work together...

• Lot's of possible story ideas...

• "Where my sig came from" posts...

• Orcs are NOT animals, they only act like them...

• It's amazing how off-topic posts can go...

• Yes, that happens quite often...

• Andrew M dredges up the foreign languages again...

• I look back at this 89 post topic and shake my head in wonder...

------------------
Zacha K
(url="http://"http://users.aol.com/zachakplug/sigdir/index.html")The Zacha K Space(/url)
(url="http://"mailto:ZachaKPlug@aol.com")mailto:ZachaKPlug@aol.com(/url)ZachaKPlug@aol.com

Ever play Beyond the Crescent? That's the PERFECT example of developers using Council and Crescent station to their fullest. If you haven't tried it yet, you MUST!!! It's the BEST EVO plugin EVER!!!

PS read my post entitled "plugin help needed" if you have played Beyond the Crescent and liked it.

------------------
Luca Rescigno
"I have nothing to fear but secret sauce"

There's a basilisk in Harry Potter.

Hey, arn't I not a scrub now?

------------------
🙂 Max B-H

Wooohoooo, almost got 100 posts!! lets go!!!!!!! YEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chrestomanci wrote:
Logically, yes, but the game doesn't work that way. If you accomplished all that, your legal status would be as high as it could go (I think that is "Upstanding Pillar of Society" or something like that).

uh, actually the statuses go:

Galactic Scourge
Most Wanted
Felon
Criminal
Offender
Clean
Decent Individual
Good Egg
Upstanding Citizen
Pillar of Society
Honored Leader

--Yoda

Squid Fizzy wrote:
**I think the aliens from EV should be left out of the whole. As far as I'm concerned, the aliens became extinct with the destruction of their last battlecruiser.

I think the best idea would be to let the Miranu tackle this: another young, promising scientist from Station Pybin (I think that's what the main Miranu research station is called, but I may be wrong) discovers parrallel universes, and when he tries to send a ship over, he accidentally creates several permanent connections, so that now most major factions have one or two "gateways". Sol should play a special role in this scenario, since it is the only system that exists in both universes.

There would be many possibilities: The UE government purchasing advanced technology to help with the voinian war, the voinians attempting to steal the shields of a 'Fed Cruiser in order to achieve utter invincibility, and lots of possibilities for other factions, like the Miranu (new trading routes), the Strands (military aid from those that deem it suitable), the Emalgha (escape?), the possibilities are endless. But no more EV aliens. Please! They were the rulers of a galaxy. They got beaten. Finis.**

Nah, just connect North Tip Station to Evildrome, or connect EVO Sol to EV Sol.

--Yoda

Chapo wrore:

This will really improve the game because it can change your way of playing
every time you try a new pilot (and why do not exist different types of money
for each race with moving change rates?)

Umm.. to have pilots of different races, youd have to have separate plugs for each race. As for the currency, that couldn't work. You'd really have to screw around with the source code a LOT to do that... I suppose you could make outfits similar to the one in the "EVO creditstick" plug, but that wouldn't work either. The exchange rates would be the same all the time, and they wouldn't be usable as currency.

--Yoda

Servack wrote:
**(EV Override) The Voinians defeated the UE at the Battle of Sol, and the UE fled to the Crecent. The Strands saw what had happened to the humans, and banded with the Miranu and UE to stop the Voinians (I love the idea of UE Destroyers cruising around with Phase Disruption Beams. Oooooo.).

Sounds neat, huh?

Umm, Phase Disruption Beams suck Azdara plasma coil! 😉
Seriously, a couple of phase cannons is better & more efficient than a Phase Disruption Beam.

--Yoda

putzomag wrote:
well, it's a helluva lot better than "SYH" (fraternity nickname, don't ask).

hmm, I can think of a few things that that could stand for... 😉 😜
Care to explain?

--Yoda

Test :eek: 😛 😄

(This message has been edited by Frederik IV (edited 01-23-2000).)

ok yoda. you talked me into it. "SYH" stands for "shut your hole". evidently i talked too much as a pledge.

------------------
What's good for General Motors is good for the country.