EV Webstory

Luna R &D;
They finish the Heavy Blaster Turret, which does the damage of a Neutron Blaster, but on a turret, and with twice the range. They are installed on all Confederate Cruisers.

But R&D; don't sit on their arses for long. They start developing a new computer-guided rocket. It will be able to bypass all current missile defense systems.

(To Paranoid)
(Hmmmm, youe offer is interesting,
(if you can tell me more about yourself,
(I may give you power over the system of Apollo.)
(END)

------------------
Vote 1 for Zaphod Beeblebrox- No one can escape Beeblebrox!

New Bavaria: Union R &D;
"Sir, i have the designs. Here."- some guy
"Thank you. If this works you'll find a little extra something in your pay this month."- Red
"Thank you sir."- some guy
Red and his team study the designs and begin to modify the current generaters to accept the new crystals.
------
NGC-5465
The Kestrel Cs arrive and unload the mechs onto the station.
------
Union Council
"Our latest vessel is complete. In your files you will find it's statistics."- Red
"Well, the station is enforced, our navy is currently the most powerful there is What next?"- Aaron
"The Steller Shield for one thing. Hopfully a fighter as well. We currently use civilian fighters. Even though they are better than faction fighters, we are in need of something Union specific. I have a few teams working on it."- Red

Income: 4Mcr/post
Outside Income:
Trade with Nemesis;400Gcr./post
Treasury: 25.3Mcr
///////////////
Mining in Zebetrious; 35M worth of metel+rock
Mining in Topaz; 35M worth of metel+rock
Surplus: 0.0M worth of metel+rock
Mining in NGC-9846; 35M worth of Tritanium alloy
Surplus: 175M worth of Tritanium alloy
///////////////
Notes: Built 1 Battleship, 2 Cruisers, 4 Warbirds.
Steller Shield; 5 posts

------------------
Insanity has its advantages

(Message to Paranoid)
(From President Aaron of the Jadzian Union)
(Encryption: One time cipher pad; key 2 times as long as message)
Your offer is intriging. I have no space to give you currently, but i know a system that will be easy for you to take. It is right near Union space and thus you will be protected from any would-be pirate.
What I do ask is a message containing your loyalties, morals, and past. I don't give aid to potential enemies you know.
(end)

------------------

Luna R &D;
The new torpedoes are going well. They have a computer system installed that means they can only be launched by Confederate pilots.

------------------

A shadowy figure laughs, and enscribes a message which will be spoken by a computer to his bidders.

From U.E. Admiral
"(Message to Paranoid)
(From President Aaron of the Jadzian Union)
Your offer is intriging. I have no space to give you currently, but i know a system that will be easy for you to take. It is right near Union space and thus you will be protected from any would-be pirate.
What I do ask is a message containing your loyalties, morals, and past. I don't give aid to potential enemies you know.
(end)"
Reply from paranoid leader:
Your offer is intriguing Aaron send more information and I will do my best to sort through offers. However my loyalties are toward those I work for, who are at this point independent traders. I have enough power over them to create trading bans so income to any system will decrease. My past will not be exposed."

From Beeblebrox
"(To Paranoid)
(Hmmmm, youe offer is interesting,
(if you can tell me more about yourself,
(I may give you power over the system of Apollo.)
(END)"
Reply from paranoid leader:
"Your offer is generous Zaphod, and it is the best I have at present. If this system comes into my hands I will defend it with all my ability against your enemys, and the help I offer is valuable. I can cause independent trading bans which will decrease your rivals planetary income. I will not reveal my past to anyone."

------------------
"Paranoia is Life"

(Message to Paranoid)
(From Pres. Aaron)
What information would you like? For the most part, anything you might want to know can be read in our libraries(read topic in other words). Well, i know the Confederates have made you a very good offer. They tend to forget to encrypt their messages. They could also pay you better. I am sure you will make the right choice. Just to add to the Confederate's offer: Apollo is very near a widly considered terrorist. No doubt you have heard of Den'Zar. No, he is not a killer of innocents. Yes, he destroyed all the military installations on New Bavaria(Union Capital). The Rebellion has attacked him because he commited what they consider a cowardly attack(or so says the rumor). The Confederation has attacked him because he destroyed a few of his ships. The Union has for obvious reasons. Whomever you choose, you will for the most part working for all of us.
(end)
------
New Bavaria
Red and his teams work on modifying the generater. Nothing can be told as of yet, but time will tell.
------
Spica
After taking their sore leave the workers head home on the BFs.
------
NGC-5465
The 70 BFs jump in and begin mining for tritanium and statndard metels.

Outside Income:
Treasury: 29.7Mcr
///////////////
Mining in NGC-5465; 20M worth of metel+rock
Mining in NGC-5465; 15M worth of Tritanium alloy
Surplus: 180M worth of Tritanium alloy
///////////////
Notes: Built 1 Battleship, 2 Cruisers, 4 Warbirds.
Steller Shield; 4 posts

------------------

(This message has been edited by U.E. Admiral (edited 11-10-2002).)

The leader of the guild of assasains paces angrily, the bidding has hit a stumbling block and with limited profits he knows he must offer more, somehow.

Message From U.E. Admiral
Message to Paranoid
What information would you like? For the most part, anything you might want to know can be read in our libraries(read topic in other words). Well, i know the Confederates have made you a very good offer. They tend to forget to encrypt their messages. They could also pay you better. I am sure you will make the right choice. Just to add to the Confederate's offer: Apollo is very near a widly considered terrorist. No doubt you have heard of Den'Zar. No, he is not a killer of innocents. Yes, he destroyed all the military installations on New Bavaria(Union Capital). The Rebellion has attacked him because he commited what they consider a cowardly attack(or so says the rumor). The Confederation has attacked him because he destroyed a few of his ships. The Union has for obvious reasons. Whomever you choose, you will for the most part working for all of us.
(end)

From the paranoid leader of the guild of assasains:
What system and what sort of defense fleet does it contain?

Message to Beeblebrox
(Encryption: Drummers beat)
Is this your final offer, complete control of Apollo in exchange for the limited free use of my fleet? I have been offered another control in a safer system and am likely to take it.)
(End Encryption)

(Encrypted: Fiddler's pitch)
To Captain Carnotaur:
I have made an offer and the bidding going on applies to all factions, your own included. If you wish to make an offer make it soon.)
(End Encryption)

A small accomplishment to be sure but the leader of the guild of assasains appears pleased.

Fleet:
18 Rapiers
35 Lightnings
3 Modified Argosys
2 Armored Light Freighters
2 Kestrels
Flagship: Doomsday
Income: From raiding 300,000 and private engagements.
Bank: 3.3 million

------------------
"Paranoia is Life"

(Message to Paranoid)
(From Pres. Aaron)
The Arrakis system. One jump away from Nemesis(a Union stronghold). Last known, it had a defence fleet of 40 Defenders. Nothing you can't handle. If you want to help us all, take the confederate offer. That way you can attack Den'Zar easier. There is almost no possible way that he can leave his system(NGC-1027). You need not worry about any attacks of size from him. If by some act of god he manages to break the blockade you will be informed ASAP. Oh, to add more insentive: If you take Apollo there will be more distance between you and any other government should you make us angry.
(end)
------
NGC-5465
The blockade of the link to NGC-1027 may not be enough so with newly bought BFs a large case of ammo is towed to block the jump to Spica just in case Den'Zar survived the space bomb BFs and the cydonian fuel dump. Better safe than sorry. It can be towed away when someone requests to enter the system.
------
New Bavaria: Medical R &D;
"For too long has the Torgo Virus has gone untreated. We will cure this prime evil! This will take some time, so keep your heads. We will meet once every 2 days to share our findings and thoughts."- Chief Medical Officer
------
Manos
A Jadzian Battleship accompanied by a pair of Cruisers and 8 Warbirds Jump into the system and begin scanning and searching for something...

Outside Income:
Treasury: 29.7Mcr
///////////////
Surplus: 200M worth of Tritanium alloy
///////////////
Notes: Built 1 Battleship, 2 Cruisers, 8 Warbirds.
Steller Shield; 3 posts

------------------

To U.E. Admiral:
The Arrakis system contains little minerals, little resources and no strategic military advantages, it would be little help. Apollo on the other hand contains a tourist attraction and the possibility of establishing mining in the asteroid field. I fear I must decline.

To Beeblebrox:
I believe it is time to end this bidding I believe that Apollo would be suitable for my needs. I await your reply.

The shadowed figure sighs and places down the computer. He will now await a reply.

Fleet:
18 Rapiers
35 Lightnings
3 Modified Argosys
2 Kestrels
Income: From raiding 300,000 and private engagements.
Bank: 3.6 million

------------------
"Paranoia is Life"

(To Paranoid)
(Encryption:One time cipher pad, password 3 times message)
(You have your offer, take it or leave it.)
(I do not know what system Aaron is offering,
(but I'm sure it's not as good as Apollo.s)
(Apollo is lucrative, and it will be safe from anyone else.)
(END)

Levo R &D;
The torpedoes are complete, and are shipped out to all systems.
The team starts work on a new flare.

------------------

(Message to Paranoid)
(From Pres. Aaron)
I understand entirly. Let you be the feds problem ;).
(end)
----
(Message to Confederation)
(From Pres. Aaron)
Greetings. Long time no contact. I am going to undertake a monster of a project. Interested in joining me? More info will be sent on a secure channel.
(end)
------
Manos
The small fleet began scanning the surface. Deep scans like what Astex would do when searching for minerals...

Outside Income:
Treasury: 33.7Mcr
///////////////
Surplus: 220M worth of Tritanium alloy
///////////////
Notes: Construction will no longer be announced. It is a constant project and is being kept track of on my computer.
Steller Shield; 2 posts

------------------

(This message has been edited by U.E. Admiral (edited 11-11-2002).)

To Beeblebrox
(Encryption: Drummer's beat)
I accept your offer. I am sending ships to Apollo. I will need for you to defend it until the first of my ships arrive. I will not demand any income from this system until I can defend it.
(End Encryption)

To U.E. Admiral
(Encryption: Harpers thrum)
I believe that Dune may yet be useful to me. If I am allowed to take it I will pay you twenty percent of all income from the planet Dune. Respond soon.
(End Encryption)

Income
Fleet status:
18 Rapiers
35 Lightnings
3 Argosys
2 Kestrels

Ships en route to Apollo.
6 Rapiers
6 Lightnings
1 Argosy
Time to arrival 3 days

4 Lightnings
2 Rapiers
Time to arrival 4 days

10 Lightnings
Time to arrival 5 days

1 Argosy
4 Rapiers
1 Armored Light Freighter
Time to arrival 6 days

------------------
"Paranoia is Life"

Unreal starts drawing up plans for a new kind of missle.
Posted Image
Mass Damage: 300
Sheild: 100
Cost 3000
Mass: 10 tons
The missle fires but around it ae multiple missles. when it gets a certian distance from the target they detatch and slam into the target. The pod that carries them has Mater/Antimater drive and in the warhead.

((((((((((((())))))))))))))
Develop time: 13 posts
Develop Cost: 100000 CR/post
((((((((((((())))))))))))))
He draws up new plans for a new ship.
Posted Image
Stats later

Thank yo Dreamwave
------------------
"I came, i conquered, i ate pie" - me

(This message has been edited by Unreal Centipede (edited 11-11-2002).)

(Message to Paranoid)
(From Pres. Aaron)
You may take it at your will. Paying the Union for it is not nessisary. Afterall, it is not our system. The only thing that may stop you is a pirate fleet, but the chances of one even existing is close to zero. Make it be known that should you take Arrakis, our fleet-ships will be monitering you at all times. We are not comfortable with an unknown living right next door. Do not be startled when ship numbers on your border begin to increase as it is only a precausionary act. I doubt that anyone really trusts you yet, so watch your moves near Union space. We will not hesitate to repay any hostile actions.
(end)
------
Manos
The fleet falls into a distant orbit and starts to finish up it's scanning.
------
New Bavaria
"How are things in each dept.?"- Aaron
"Ship construction has droped considerably since the attack by Den'Zar, but we are managing very well. As far as we know we have the most powerful Navy and produce the most ships per week."- Winfield
"Troop recruitment has dropped as well. The people fear that another such event will occer. Troops are getting trained better however due to there being enough time to address them individually."- Russ
"R&D; has been just fine because it is not directly affiliated with the military. Everything is as good as always if not better. It would seem that with the fewer people joining the navy that there are more joining the R&D; dept."- Red
"Medical research is attempting to cure the Torgo Virus, but other than that nothing is new."- No_name_as_of_yet

Outside Income:
Treasury: 38.1Mcr
///////////////
Surplus: 240M worth of Tritanium alloy
///////////////
Notes:
Steller Shield; 1 posts

------------------

A shadow moves, and laughter rings about, everything is going perfectly for the guild of assasains.

(Encrypted: Harper's thrum)
To U.E. Admiral:
Thank you for your permission to occupy Arrakis, I will rally my fleet in Zebetrious so as not to cause any major offense. I do not require trust until I prove it.
(End Encryption)

Income: 300,000
Bank: 3.9 Million

Fleet status:
18 Rapiers
35 Lightnings
3 Argosys
2 Kestrels
Ships en route to Apollo.
6 Rapiers
6 Lightnings
1 Argosy
Time to arrival 2 days

4 Lightnings
2 Rapiers
Time to arrival 3 days

10 Lightnings
Time to arrival 4 days

2 Rapiers
1 Armored Light Freighter
Time to arrival 5 days

1 Argosy and 2 Rapiers redirected

------------------
"Paranoia is Life"

DeadBeat's mercenary organization opens after coming back from vacation.

-------------------
Flag Ship: Jolly Roger
Income: 500 thousand a round
Bank: 36 million
Fleet: 2 Kestrels
2 Corvettes
2 Argoseys
7 Lightnings
2 Cruisers
6 Frigates

------------------
If I lived in paradise I'd take a vacation to hell to cure my depression.
-DeadBeat
(url="http://"http://www.evula.org/deadbeat/") Requiem for the Insane(/url)

(To Aaron)
(Encryption:One time cipher pad, 1024-bit encrypted)
(I am sending every scientist and engineer I have to work on
(this 'monster' project.)
(heheh)
(END)

Sol
14 Bulk Freighters with the team are sent out.

------------------

(Message to Paranoid)
(From Pres. Aaron)
Do NOT rally your ships in the Zebetrious system! It is a Union mining colony. Maybe the Confederates will let you use Capella.
(end)
------
(Message to Confederation + Rebellion + Cydonians)
(From Pres. Aaron)
I have a plan. More will follow on a secure channel.
(end)
------
Manos
The fleet ends it's scanning and sends a message to the government:

(Message to Government of the Manos system)
(From Assult Force Gamma)
We demand you surrender this system to the control of the Jadzian Union. We have scanned your planet to it's core and have found only 25 Defenders. It is quite obvious that there is no point in resisting. We intend no harm, we only intend to take control of this system. We are of the same government so the people will have little dispute about it.
Respond.
(end)
a reply comes through with the expected approval of the assult force's demands. Manos Surrenders.
------
New Bavaria
"Manos has surrendered without any bloodshed. All has gone well there."- Winfield
"Good, have the confeds arrived with their scientists and engineers?"- Aaron
"Yes, they have and we have begun work on our latest design. The Steller Shield project is complete. One is being sent out to Warstation Vermont."- Red

Outside Income:
Treasury: 38.1Mcr
///////////////
Surplus A: 215M worth of Tritanium alloy
Surplus B: 0M worth of Tritanium alloy
///////////////
Notes:
Classified Project: 12 posts
Steller Shield; Complete; stats later

------------------

OOC: Okay, I'm back after my absence. Seems not a lot has happened...

---------------

(Message to Beeblebrox)
(It is you who are attempting to gather support for your hideous cause. I dread the very thought that people like you will rule the human race. It is people like you who cause the death of thousands. Not me.)
(End Message)

---------------

Work continued on defensive measures, but there wasn't much more that they could do. Construction of the battlestation was also going well, and their fleet continued to be enlarged, making it even more deadly.

They also began work on researching a kind of anti-matter pulse weapon, named the Venom Turret, which would be much more powerful than proton weaponry, would have a better range, and would not take up any more space. Research commenced immediately.

---------------

Fleet Stats

New Antigua Defense Fleet
1 Modified Kestrel (flagship)
8 Kestrels
5 Argosy's
10 Corvettes
10 Rapiers

1st Fleet - New Antigua
1 Independence-class Carrier
1 Modified Dragon (flagship, the Nemesis II )
10 Dragons
2 Kestrel Cs
6 Hornet Heavy Cruisers
2 Firebirds
6 Sovereign Light Cruisers
8 Destroyer Mk.IIs
35 Tigersharks
120 Shrikes
100 Devil Ray Fighter-Bombers

New Vessels: -25M
Mining Operation: +40M
Defenses of New Antigua: -5M
Construction of Mercenary Battlestation: -5M
Venom Weaponry Research: -5M
Current Credits: 12M

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

The stats for my new ship.:
The Firefox (armed freighter)
Speed: 300
Accel: 350
Turn: Good
Shields: 2,500
Armor: 750
Guns: 25
Turrets: 15
Space: 30
Cargo: 32000
Fuel: 7