BFS - Episode III: "The Worlds Beyond the Milky Way" pre-registration forum

Mac is right. We do need more Human Confederation players... If any of you are thinking about joining the webstory and have yet to pick a government, I would advise you to join the Human Confederation. If not, then I will join the HC myself, and Mac and I will together have the entire Senatrus galaxy on its knees on topic page 1.

I'll go ahead and join the HC if it doesn't have enough players before the battle begins (last resort idea, just making this clear!). I would be The Dreden Rebel pres if skyblade went to join the HC, But since it's my first time I think I'll pass.

------------------
Jimbob

(This message has been edited by Jimbob (edited 08-19-2001).)

Name: Mike
Initials: ML
Government: Dreden Rebels

I've posted in two web boards before and I like to wright. Will you be e-mailing us our ranks when the story starts or will you just tell us all at the beginning of the story?

------------------
-yet another example of Mike's excessive ramblings.

Start the Rebellion all over again?
Now that's an idea for BFS IV!

BTW:
How do you do italics,bold,and put pics up here?

------------------
"Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's."
-St. Matthew's Gospel 22:21

Ok,I've figured out the Imperial rank list.
It's based on the ranks of Imperial Rome,as near as I could make them.
Some notes are provided for explanation of the more obscure Latin names.

OK.from highest to lowest:

•Consul:the Roman army was originally commanded by two of these.
For Alien purposes,there's only one,the Emperor's 2iC.

•Legatus:The Commander of a Legion(about 5,500 men).

•Tribune:Assistants to the Legatus.

•Praefectus Castrorum:Prefect,in charge of administration duties.

•Primus Pilus:Highest-ranking Centurion(Cohort Commander:a Cohort=480 men), commands Centurions.

•Centurion:an ordainary Cohort Commander.

•Principales:Officer directly below Centurion,resposible for keeping order.

•Signiferi:Standard-bearer.

•Legionary:the average Roman soldier.Hopefully none of you will fall to this rank.

A Trierarch was the commander of a warship.
I'll be using it instead of "Captain" in BFS III.

Of course,the definitions don't really matter so much,but they're there in case anyone's interested.

Glory to the Empire!

------------------
"Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's."
-St. Matthew's Gospel 22:21

You want defectors? I could be a Pirate, like in BFS II. Would we use the same ships as BFS II (latest technology)?

------------------
"Why should I boast? The bards will do it for me -- and with music."
--Ertai, wizard adept

Originally posted by Shade:
**How do you do italics,bold,and put pics up here?

Read this link, and if you still have any questions, you can post them or e-mail me. (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/ubbcode.html")http://www.AmbrosiaS...rd/ubbcode.html(/url)

I'm not sure we need any defectors yet, and the 5 Aliens should probably stay, since they're fightning 2 wars. We might need to pull a couple from the Dreden, and I think that at this point, with 6 signed up for the Dreden, we can say no more players with the Dreden Rebels. They've got more than enough. I know they're the coolest, but the HC and Pirates really need the players. I leave it up to Skyblade whether we go ahead and put Jimbob in the HC now or wait to see what else happens first.

------------------
- Macavenger | e-mail: (url="http://"mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com")mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com(/url)e-gamerguy1@home.com

Alrighty.

------------------
--Ertai, wizard adept

Here are the questions I have.

Are you guys making ship yards like in BFS2?

Are there any races with large advantages in tech? (ex. Alien ships strongest)

So does any one know when the story is going to beging?

Skyblade, have made any improvements in the map? If yes, please e-mail it to me soon.

Skyblade, Mac if anyone needs web making help, I'll be here.

------------------
Long live the Alien empire!

Originally posted by rebel council:
**Here are the questions I have.

Are you guys making ship yards like in BFS2?

Are there any races with large advantages in tech? (ex. Alien ships strongest)

So does any one know when the story is going to beging?

Skyblade, have made any improvements in the map? If yes, please e-mail it to me soon.

Skyblade, Mac if anyone needs web making help, I'll be here.

Yes, Aliens and Dreden are stronger and equal with each other, when we get it all ready, doubt he has yet, shouldn't need any.

------------------
- Macavenger | e-mail: (url="http://"mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com")mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com(/url)e-gamerguy1@home.com

I'll be on vacation from August 24 (this Friday) until about September 1.

------------------
--Ertai, wizard adept

Would it be alright if I don't become a BfSIII player, but just put out ISN (Intersteller news Network) reports for the HC? 🙂

------------------
Write your complaints here: O
Please don't write out of the space.

Originally posted by Jimbob:
**I'll go ahead and join the HC if it doesn't have enough players before the battle begins (last resort idea, just making this clear!). I would be The Dreden Rebel pres if skyblade went to join the HC, But since it's my first time I think I'll pass.

No, just stay with your current government for right now. We won't ask players to change governments unless we get desperate. For the moment, we still have until September before we need to worry about player numbers and such (I intend on starting the actual webstory sometime in September).

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade
-Battle for Sol - Episode III: The Worlds Beyond the Milky Way - coming soon -

Originally posted by Mike:
**Name: Mike
Initials: ML
Government: Dreden Rebels

I've posted in two web boards before and I like to wright. Will you be e-mailing us our ranks when the story starts or will you just tell us all at the beginning of the story?

I'll probably post ranks inside this topic just before episode III begins. Thanks for joining, Mike.

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade

Originally posted by Lord Asriel:
**I'll be on vacation from August 24 (this Friday) until about September 1.

Thanks for letting us know. We shouldn't have episode III underway until a week or two after you're back...

Originally posted by Lord Asriel:
**Would it be alright if I don't become a BfSIII player, but just put out ISN (Intersteller news Network) reports for the HC?:)

I would have no problem with you joining the webstory, but I would prefer that only the government leaders post news reports...

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade

No thanks, I don't want to have to keep track of a fleet. 😉

------------------

Originally posted by Luke:
**No thanks, I don't want to have to keep track of a fleet.;)

Why, you lazy...member. 😉

The only other positions that does not require you to have a fleet are the shipyard and weapon's designer positions, but you could only accept these if you had graphics experience...

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade

Originally posted by Captain Skyblade:
**Why, you lazy...member.;)

The only other positions that does not require you to have a fleet are the shipyard and weapon's designer positions, but you could only accept these if you had graphics experience...

Ha, I have zip graphics experience! None! Nada! Ze-ro! 😛

------------------

**Ha, I have zip graphics experience! None! Nada! Ze-ro!:p

Then why are you posting here? :rolleyes: 😛

------------------

**Ha, I have zip graphics experience! None! Nada! Ze-ro!:p

Well then, if you don't want to take up the responsibility of commanding a fleet, I could always make you a fighter pilot or supply officer. 😉

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade

Yeah, he could command the fighter group on my Carrier. But I'd have to make him at least a Colonel for that, so maybe he could just be a Squadron commander, or better, a flight leader. That way he'd only have to be a Leiutenant. 😛

------------------