Global Thermonuclear War, Game 22

jrsh92 has gotten out of prison, thanks to kickme's extremely good lawyer.

------------------

The room was getting rowdy as SoItBegins stepped back in. He said "Well, by now almost all of you have again voted. If everyone could show me what they've written down?"

When only 6 people did anything, SoItBegins frowned. lemonyscapegoat hadn't voted at all. Then there was the small matter of the empty seat.

"Has anyone seen Lt._Anonymous lately?" SIB asked. One person said he'd last seen him leaving for the men's room, but otherwise no one had seen him. RJC Ultra was sent to fetch him.

RJC came back without the man. He looked a little green. "We found Lt._Anonymous," he said. "He was still in the restroom."  

"So what? Get him _in_ \--"  

"He'd been stabbed."  

SoItBegins cursed under his breath as he and his _consigliere_ sprinted out of the room.  

Lt._Anonymous was dead; that was for certain. His body, with several knife wounds, would be hauled away. Fortunately, he hadn't voted, so questions about whether his vote would count were easily put to rest. And, speaking of the vote...

SoItBegins had just reached out to collect all the written votes on the table when there was a loud, pounding knocking sound on the door. A very familiar knocking sound.

"Wouldn't it just be easier to install a revolving door for you fellows?" asked SoItBegins as he let the cops in, looking at the warrant they held. The cops ignored him as kickme was read his rights, handcuffed, and dragged out the door.

SoItBegins looked back at the votes on the table.
egroeg** : 3
1Eevee1: 2
lemonyscapegoat: 1

"According to this tally, you, egroeg, have--"

A burst of light, an explosion; everyone in the room was thrown back. The lights went out, revealing a glowing, semi-transparent form floating above the center of the table.

It was Templar98921. Specifically, it was the body of Templar98921. Drowning and cold-water fish had done their work, but there was still enough to be recognizable. The body, hanging in the air, dripping semi-transparent water, gave an ethereal moan.

The effect on the 'club members' was electrifying. One screamed. Others hid. SoItBegins turned white, as if he'd seen a ghost.

The ghost, or whatever it was, pointed at egroeg. Then, in a voice like a thunderstorm, said

**"He is not the one you are seeking."

**SoItBegins, slightly less courageously than normal, said "Then who is?! "

The ghost gave a high-pitched shriek, then spun round and round, its arm extended straight out. Everybody ducked or flinched as the arm went by... then the arm stopped. And darwinian went pale.

**" You. You are the one who cost me my life. You, through your politics and your manipulation. However, if this were the only thing, I might let you live. But I have seen your life. _And I know who and what you really are."

_**The arm pointed, the mouth spoke a single incomprehensible word. A white light grew at the ghost's fingertip. _

_**"You have been directly responsible for the arrests of my fellows. You should count yourself lucky so many got off! As it is, however, I still have my purpose. And now, the time comes to fulfill it."

**Suddenly, the point of light became a beam of light that sliced straight into darwinian. He fell to the ground. The ghost continued talking.

**"Goodbye. I hope you can find the truth."

**Then, the form vanished. The lights came back on a few seconds later. Immediately, the entire group clustered around darwinian. mrxak felt for a pulse, then announced that he was dead.

No one else said anything for quite a while. Finally, though, someone got up the courage to ask "What happened to him?!"

SoItBegins sighed.

"I guess he gave up the ghost."
**_

_**

Weird, A least we know we got rid of a cop. I still voting the same way I did last round. 1eevee1

As I said, he was always a bit suspicious.

Wooo we got one! So who's left?

Huh, I was wondering why Darwinian, the brightest player among us besides mrxak, had not been targeted by the cops yet. Now I know why...

darth_vader: Although your game discussion post was deleted, your vote for egroeg still stands until you change it.

whoo. fun game... leave for a few days and you're hauled outside in a body bag... anyways thought I should apologize for my lack of posts... got slammed with 2 projects and a 200 page book assigned/due within a 48 hour period.. kinda been overwhelmed.

Not again!

I mean, what do they have against me in particular?

You know a good lawyer.

Two wrong investigations? That seems like more than 30% to me... I guess I just have bad luck.

And I see SIB is doing overpowered roles again....

Not really. The Ghost role had its own limitations.

Also, all random numbers are provided by random.org.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 30 April 2008 - 10:33 AM

woot! Thanks Templar 🙂 I wonder who murdered Lt anonymous?

This post has been edited by egroeg : 30 April 2008 - 10:39 AM

It was my familiar the panther. He knows how to use knifes. The plot thickens BUM BUM BUM!

@mrxak, on Apr 30 2008, 01:32 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game 22:

Two wrong investigations? That seems like more than 30% to me... I guess I just have bad luck.

Perhaps mine are all correct?

@rjc-ultra, on Apr 30 2008, 09:35 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game 22:

Perhaps mine are all correct?

No, yours have a 70% success rate.

SoItBegins was in a good mood for once, as he told the remaining 'club members' of his findings. darwinian had been a cop after all.  

Lt._Anonymous, however, had not.  

Note: The round ends in _24 hours_. All votes will be locked in 23.   

Dang! Lt anonymous was innocent. How many players left?

6 players. Either this round or the next one will be the final round.

@soitbegins, on Apr 30 2008, 02:25 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game 22:

darth_vader: Although your game discussion post was deleted, your vote for egroeg still stands until you change it.

I'll keep it the same. For clarity's sake: egroeg.

So whose left?

So according to the ghost, egroeg is innocent. I'm going to have to vote for 1Eevee1 in that case...