GTW Round 19

Great. When you're found guilty, and Rickton doesn't die, Rickton's guilt will be increased as well.

evilgrin

Say, when does the turn end? I'm looking forward to proving mrxak to be dead wrong.

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 24 February 2008 - 12:12 PM

Everyone who hasn't voted and wishes to and those who have not PMed me and their role requires it, please get in your vote, PM, or both before the end of the round tonight at 8:00p.m. CENTRAL. ( ~8:48 hours left )

Excellant. By tomorrow, mrxak will see the error of his ways. moar evilgrin

Dude, mrxak is one of the most experienced players in the game and by now very, very likely to be innocent. Why would you kill him, even when he's wrong?

New vote: Shlimazel

@shlimazel, on Feb 24 2008, 03:52 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

As for why I voted for you, I voted for you because I promised to vote for you if SIB was innocent, and he was. But I missed the part when they failed to kill you, so that is why I voted as I did and retracted.

Yeah. I hate it when hosts say "Missile's suddenly fell into the ocean" instead of "Missiles were suddenly blasted out of the sky."

@shlimazel, on Feb 24 2008, 04:42 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

Lastly, I absolutely do NOT expect you to believe that I am innocent. I WILL be lynched this turn. Because you act like a rabid dog when you find a target that appeals to you.

I can vouch for this, having been on the receiving end of it more than once.

I don't think Shlimazel is one of the enemy, so I won't be jumping onto that nascent bandwagon. However, the point's against kickme have some weight. I'm also looking at RJC Ultra for attacking darth_vader's stance. darth has a point, echoed by mrxak, that Dictators who lurk unchallenged are much less likely to be noticed than Dictators who act like mrxak.

Looking back over the posts, it seems as if kickme hasn't even posted since Round One. I think I'll go with that.
Vote: kickme

(EDIT) And now, actually, RJC Ultra has abandoned his stance against darth_vader's attention to lurking, to defend mrxak's stance against Shlimazel...
... Which derives from a stance against Lurking.

Hmm...

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 24 February 2008 - 12:33 PM

I decided to kill rickton instead, actually. I will tell you some of what will happen this turn. Just wait until after the end of the turn and you'll see.

1: I will die.

2: Rickton will die.

3: mrxak will die.

If I die and am innocent, then this puts a hole in mrxak's entire list. Imagine if Rickton is also innocent! I don't think mrxak is a terrorist, but he is dead wrong. At least about me. His suspicions about me are based on the fact that I have been lurking a lot. Absolutely true. Has it occured to him, I wonder, that I very rarely post on thursdays and fridays and have been busy today and yesterday?

You don't need to take my word for any of this. Just wait until the end of the turn.

I have little choice but to vote Shlimazel.

I don't think Shlimazel is one of the enemy,

Thank you. Much appreciated. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it will matter. sigh At least I'll be able to wipe that smirk off mrxak's face.

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 24 February 2008 - 12:46 PM

@eugene-chin, on Feb 24 2008, 12:31 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

Yeah. I hate it when hosts say "Missile's suddenly fell into the ocean" instead of "Missiles were suddenly blasted out of the sky."
I can vouch for this, having been on the receiving end of it more than once.

I don't think Shlimazel is one of the enemy, so I won't be jumping onto that nascent bandwagon. However, the point's against kickme have some weight. I'm also looking at RJC Ultra for attacking darth_vader's stance. darth has a point, echoed by mrxak, that Dictators who lurk unchallenged are much less likely to be noticed than Dictators who act like mrxak.

Looking back over the posts, it seems as if kickme hasn't even posted since Round One. I think I'll go with that.
Vote: kickme

(EDIT) And now, actually, RJC Ultra has abandoned his stance against darth_vader's attention to lurking, to defend mrxak's stance against Shlimazel...
... Which derives from a stance against Lurking.

Hmm...

I think some people tend to forget this is just a game. And in a game you should be merciless, unrelenting, and laugh wildly while you utterly destroy your foes. You should want to win, win at all costs, and have fun doing it. But when it's over, you shouldn't get worked up about it. I have a lot of fun playing this game, I hope everyone else does to, but this game requires a certain amount of ruthlessness in any role. It's not personal, it's just how the game is played.

Anyway, while we disagree about Shlimazel, I do hope you champion against kickme in future rounds. I am neutral towards RJC Ultra, although it would appear that he's been more likely to bandwagon than most.

@shlimazel, on Feb 24 2008, 12:35 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

I decided to kill rickton instead, actually. I will tell you some of what will happen this turn. Just wait until after the end of the turn and you'll see.

1: I will die.

2: Rickton will die.

3: mrxak will die.

If I die and am innocent, then this puts a hole in mrxak's entire list. Imagine if Rickton is also innocent! I don't think mrxak is a terrorist, but he is dead wrong. At least about me. His suspicions about me are based on the fact that I have been lurking a lot. Absolutely true. Has it occured to him, I wonder, that I very rarely post on thursdays and fridays and have been busy today and yesterday?

You don't need to take my word for any of this. Just wait until the end of the turn.

Even if what you say is true, JacaByte and kickme both appear quite guilty, and nothing changes about me wanting them to get lynched as soon as possible for the good of the innocents.

@shlimazel, on Feb 24 2008, 12:45 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

Thank you. Much appreciated. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it will matter. sigh At least I'll be able to wipe that smirk off mrxak's face.

Oh this smirk is going nowhere, my friend. Win or lose, this has been one of the more fun rounds for me, and an enjoyable game overall. 😄

I have little choice but to vote Shlimazel.

Wrong. mrxak gave a list of four people he wanted dead.

Apparently not voting gets you lynched this game, and mrxak's reasoning seems good enough.

Shlimazel

Interesting argument you put up, mrxak. But do realize that I know as well as the terrorists that you are an extremely valuable resource for us; to lose you would mean that defeating the terrorists would get a whole lot more difficult. Humor me this; if I am the SDI would it be foolish to not protect you even though you are currently calling for my death in a later round? Currently, it looks as if Shlimazel is the best candidate for terrorist because of his ferocious, over reactive defense of himself, not because of his nonexistent relationship with myself that you seem to think we have, mrxak.

Fluffy suggested on #gtw that since it's quite likely I'm going to get nightkilled, I should reveal the names of any innocents that the IAs I know investigated last round and cleared. I'm a bit wary to do this, for fear they may become targets in the night, if not this round then next, so I will specifically wait for any such people to PM me and say they want their name revealed. I will say though, one of the IAs investigated somebody that died, so I'd only have one name to reveal.

What, it's suspicious for an innocent to defend himself, Jaca? Whatever. I may as well help end this quickly, so I vote for myself.

I haven't voted this game because it's been extremely bandwaggony and nothing has made me that suspicious...until Shlimazel pulled his whole "I'm a paranoid whatever" thing and threatened mrxak, who we know is innocent, and me, just because he doesn't like me.
That's ridiculous.
Even if he's right (which I doubt. What sort of sadistic host would make two of those horrible roles?) and I do end up dead, I'm voting Shlimazel anyway, because we don't need people who waste their powers killing people just because they don't like them so we might as well get him out of the way.

mrxak, you've given this a lot of thought, but in a game this bandwagon-rife, be careful slinging around accusations without a whole lot of proof.

At this point, we've got a whole pile of votes for Shlimazel, so I don't really feel like voting for anyone, since I know it won't matter.

If people can't think for themselves, that's not my problem. I'd rather like to think they listened carefully to my arguments and agreed with them. I know that's not always true, but again, not really my fault. Slinging accusations is what this game is all about, and the proof I've offered is the best I have. If people don't think it's good enough, that's entirely their decision.

Round 3 has ended, please wait while I tally the votes and PMs.

Once again you have all made a terrible mistake in your lynching. The council seems to have decided to lynch Shlimazel, another rich and paranoid player, according to the investigations. He is already dead and cremated and his target Rickton is also missing from the council table. Rickton was blown up in his sleep by an assassin hired by Shlimazel. According to the papers we found in Rickton's quarters he was an ordinary innocent.

As for terrorists, mrxak I would like to inform you that your guardian angel seems to have taken a reprieve after last turn. Nukes, a present from the terrorists, are on their way to you country right now. Oh, wait, I'm talking to a dead body of a rich and paranoid player with a needle full of poison sticking out of his neck. And about that death contract you took out, I've already fulfilled it's conditions. JacaByte was bitten by one of my pet coral snakes on his way into this chamber, and anyone who wishes to check will find only a dead body in his seat. My guards already raided JacaBytes office while I was talking to you all. He was a Terrorist. Good Job, you all finally killed a single terrorist after 7 innocents died.

Round 4 ends Tuesday at 8:00 p.m. Central.
Remaining alive:
BuffalotheKid
darth_vader
1Eevee1
egroeg
Eugene Chin
FluffywithTeeth
Gutless Wonder
Hypochondriac
kickme
prophile
RJC Ultra