GTW Game 18

Explanation (this is how mrxak would probably put it:)

If we nuke someone we stand a (small) chance of catching a terrorist. It's a very small chance, but it is a chance.

If the terrorists nuke somene, they are (for sure) going to kill an innocent.

Basically, if there's a tie, it's like letting F.A.T.E. vote for you: Wierd stuff might happen, but it's probably just throwing your vote away.

Also, one more:
5) You're here to play a game. So play it. Win or lose, at least you played.

As I currently have no idea who to vote for, I pick Mackilroy , as it wont hurt him.

I see your point. still think a tie will be helpful in the first round. We could be killing the IA before a report is received.

mrxak stated my reasons quite succinctly.

Well it is certainly your choice, but I again point out the vote isn't tied.

_The Big Board reads:

Anon - Shlimazel
darth_vader - nfreader
1Eevee1 -
Eugene Chin - nfreader
GutlessWonder - Eugene Chin
Hypochondriac -
JacaByte - Eugene Chin
kickme - Mackilroy
Mackilroy - Eugene Chin
Manta - SoItBegins
nfreader - Eugene Chin
prophile - SoItBegins
rebelswin_85 - SoItBegins
Rickton - SoItBegins
RJC Ultra - Shlimazel
Shlimazel - Eugene Chin
SoItBegins - Eugene Chin_

Eugene Chin: 6
Mackilroy: 1
nfreader: 2
Shlimazel: 2
SoItBegins: 4

As almost all of you have voted now and I got a recent influx of PMs, I will declare the round over in 13 hours, cutting short the round by 12 hours. If you want to change your votes, or send me PMs, you have until noon EST to do so.

I'm changing my vote to SoItBegins. Eugene Chin is a dangerous person to have as a terrorist, yes, but when he's not he's a great help to the innocents. He plays the game exceedingly well whichever side he plays on. I'd rather lose SoItBegins as long as we're voting blind.

_The Big Board reads:

Anon - SoItBegins
darth_vader - nfreader
1Eevee1 -
Eugene Chin - nfreader
Hypochondriac -
JacaByte - Eugene Chin
kickme - Mackilroy
Mackilroy - Eugene Chin
Manta - SoItBegins
nfreader - Eugene Chin
prophile - SoItBegins
rebelswin_85 - SoItBegins
Rickton - SoItBegins
RJC Ultra - Shlimazel
Shlimazel - Eugene Chin

Eugene Chin: 6
nfreader: 2
Shlimazel: 1
SoItBegins: 5

Again, for those that might have missed it, the round will end in just under 13 hours. All votes and PMs must be in by then, or the game will go on without them.

@anon, on Jan 31 2008, 10:02 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

I'm changing my vote to SoItBegins. Eugene Chin is a dangerous person to have as a terrorist, yes, but when he's not he's a great help to the innocents. He plays the game exceedingly well whichever side he plays on. I'd rather lose SoItBegins as long as we're voting blind.

I'm not happy to do this, but I do see your point. I will also retract my vote for nfeader and vote for SoItBegins. The game is now tied. In the event of the tie still happening at the end of the round, I would like, if possible, my vote to be disregarded. I don't want to cause a tie since mrxak never has them work in favor of the innocents, and I don't know if I'll be here at the very end of the round.

@gutlesswonder, on Jan 31 2008, 03:46 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

After some careful deliberation: Eugene Chin

Ahh, you always do that. "After careful deliberation" without ever stating what the deliberation was...

@darth_vader, on Jan 31 2008, 05:32 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

I don't think that people should be voting for Eugene Chin just because of his rants.

Notes the second time darth_vader has diverted attention away from EC or defended him this round, using much the same rhetoric that EC employed without directly quoting him

So, darth, what's it to you if EC lives or dies?

@hypochondriac, on Jan 31 2008, 06:53 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

So if there is a tie only one person dies correct?

I think, to be precise, one person will be killed by the terrorists if there is a tie, and no one will be killed by the committee. I don't know if we can assume yet that those are the only two ways of someone dying, as we've seen in previous rounds there can be other mechanics at work.

And a follow-up:

I hereby change my vote to Eugene Chin.

_The Big Board reads:

Anon - SoItBegins
darth_vader - SoItBegins
1Eevee1 -
Eugene Chin - nfreader
Hypochondriac -
JacaByte - Eugene Chin
kickme - Mackilroy
Mackilroy - Eugene Chin
Manta - SoItBegins
nfreader - Eugene Chin
prophile - SoItBegins
rebelswin_85 - EugeneChin
Rickton - SoItBegins
RJC Ultra - Shlimazel
Shlimazel - Eugene Chin

Eugene Chin: 7
nfreader: 1
SoItBegins: 5

5 hours left in the round.

darth_vader: You'll have to change your vote yourself in slightly under 5 hours if you want it to change.

I really wanted a tie in the first round, that looking impossible but with me voting for sotibegins I just need on person to change their vote. Let's see what happens

Hmm...

You know, there's still one PM out there I haven't yet gotten. You know who you are. 4 hours.

_The Big Board reads:

Anon - SoItBegins
darth_vader - SoItBegins
1Eevee1 -
Eugene Chin - nfreader
Hypochondriac - SoItBegins
JacaByte - Eugene Chin
kickme - Mackilroy
Mackilroy - Eugene Chin
Manta - SoItBegins
nfreader - Eugene Chin
prophile - SoItBegins
rebelswin_85 - Eugene Chin
Rickton - SoItBegins
RJC Ultra - Shlimazel
Shlimazel - Eugene Chin

Eugene Chin: 7
nfreader: 1
SoItBegins: 6

@rebelswin_85, on Feb 1 2008, 12:31 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

Ahh, you always do that. "After careful deliberation" without ever stating what the deliberation was...

What? I look at the rest of the topic and then make a decision. At this point it is, of course, more of an educated guess than anything else, but I stand by my choice.

One and a half hours to go.

Will the results be posted as soon as voting is finished or will they be delay?

Well, it doesn't look like anyone will change their vote in the next 50 minutes.

Come 49 minutes from now, I will make my post with the results of who is dead. As I said before, role reveals will be delayed by 24 hours.