GTW Game 18

@shlimazel, on Jan 30 2008, 10:39 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

I suspect Eugene Chin. That remark seems just a little too sinister for my liking.

More specifically, the phrasing seems to suggest that Eugene Chin knows for a fact that SoItBegins has brought 'it' on himself, because Eugene is going to deliver the 'it'.

Don't worry, Shlimazel-- Eugene's just sore at the completely logical chain of events that led to the death of 7 players and the host in the final round of game 17.

Including me, actually, but I'm intent on not seeking revenge for my own death. I intend to be completely analyctical about the whole thing.

I know. You didn't PM me ** __** to complain.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 30 January 2008 - 02:51 PM

@soitbegins, on Jan 30 2008, 07:06 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

Don't worry, Shlimazel-- Eugene's just sore at the Hideous DM Fiat that led to the death of 7 players and the host in the final round of game 17.

Fixed.

No, wait...

SoItBegins

Now it's Fixed.

Eugence Chin is so angry all the time!

He ended the game with "Rocks Fall, Everybody Dies." !

I was going to sacrifice myself so that the Dictators could win by Converting darth_vader To the Dark Side!

What's not Epic about that?

The moment I saw what mrxak was capable of, I just wanted to quit the game out of frustration. But, when SIB dangled the possibility of a second Reality Engine in front of me, the most Epic Victory became clear in my mind.

I knew that no future game would have anything Like such an opportunity (No future host would be Stupid enough to include the sort of powers SIB put in.)

Winning the game by Converting one of the Innocents to Evil would have been a victory unlike any seen before, or any to follow.

That's the Only reason I didn't quit right there.

And, what did I get?

"Rocks fall, Everybody dies."

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 30 January 2008 - 03:50 PM

You seem to suffer from depressive enormity delirium.

Eugene, I hate to tell you this, but the only way you could have died is in the vote. In his instructions, mrxak never said to kill you-- he assumed you'd already be dead. You were never going to die.

I should add that you were the one who set the vote to prevent you from dying in the first place!!

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 30 January 2008 - 05:35 PM

@eugene-chin, on Jan 30 2008, 02:17 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

I was going to sacrifice myself so that the Dictators could win by Converting darth_vader To the Dark Side!

I must agree, if that had happened, it would have been truly awesome to behold. Also, converting darth vader to the dark side? Hell yes.

Hmm. Well, due to the types of comments that he has been making against SIB, I'll place my vote on Eugene Chin. There is no reason for him to be beating on SIB for a game that has ended and does not have any type of effect on this game.

@eugene-chin, on Jan 30 2008, 03:17 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

He ended the game with "Rocks Fall, Everybody Dies." !

The moment I saw what mrxak was capable of, I just wanted to quit the game out of frustration. But, when SIB dangled the possibility of a second Reality Engine in front of me, the most Epic Victory became clear in my mind.

I knew that no future game would have anything Like such an opportunity (No future host would be Stupid enough to include the sort of powers SIB put in.)

Winning the game by Converting one of the Innocents to Evil would have been a victory unlike any seen before, or any to follow.

That's the Only reason I didn't quit right there.
And, what did I get?

"Rocks fall, Everybody dies."

Ironically, by swapping Manta and darth_vader's roles, I was hoping to convert darth_vader from a bad guy to a good guy. At the time I thought he was a terrorist.

Anyway, less than 54 hours to go.

_The Big Board reads:

Anon -
darth_vader -
1Eevee1 -
Eugene Chin - SoItBegins
GutlessWonder -
Hypochondriac -
JacaByte -
kickme -
Mackilroy -
Manta - SoItBegins
nfreader -
prophile - SoItBegins
rebelswin_85 -
Rickton -
RJC Ultra -
Shlimazel - Eugene Chin
SoItBegins - Manta_

You know what...

You're right.

Absolutely right.

Completely right.

I don't usually change my first-round random vote, but in this case I'll make an exception.

Eugene Chin , I officially vote against you.

never mind reread the intro the answer was there.

This post has been edited by Hypochondriac : 30 January 2008 - 09:19 PM

How many special roles usually exist? The last round had loads. From previous rounds it seems like 3 or 4 roles exist. 2 terrorists and 2 others

Do we have two evil agents in our midst or three? Just to clarify. Most games I've seen have two, but we have a lot of people here... (sortof a follow-up to Hypochondriac's question, I was typing all of this while he posted)

Summary Of Stuff

first to post - Jacabyte. Very innocuously. (Giants, btw. Boo Patriots.)
darth_vader - first to suggest an evil plot
Mackilroy - no help whatsoever, but I very much empathize.
re: Shlimazel about EC - I don't find it that suspicious
<a bunch of stuff from the last game that's probably irrelevant>

Vote Path:

SIB -> Manta, Manta -> SIB, prophile -> SIB, Shlimazel -> EC, EC -> SIB, JacaByte -> EC, SIB -> EC

The only thing I can really think of that might provide a clue this early on is the tendency for an ED to vote with his partner. The closest thing to that would be SIB/JacaByte voting for EC. The votes against SIB seem at the beginning something of a bandwagon, but that doesn't mean he isn't an ED.

That's all I've got for now. All things consider, I tentatively vote against SoItBegins. So it begins indeed...

This post has been edited by rebelswin_85 : 30 January 2008 - 09:41 PM

Could I have some clarification on ED, please? I'm not familiar with that term.

Also, I deny having any type of partnership with SIB whatsoever. Be it for nefarious reasons or otherwise.

@hypochondriac, on Jan 30 2008, 09:27 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

How many special roles usually exist? The last round had loads. From previous rounds it seems like 3 or 4 roles exist. 2 terrorists and 2 others

The first several games included only two bad guys and an intelligence agent, later the role of SDI was added, an assassin role, some various "you kill me, somebody else dies too" sorts of roles as well. In this game, there are an equal number of "classes" of special roles than there are ordinary innocents, though within each "class" there may be slight variations of power and its application. You may attempt to extrapolate from that sentence a rough estimate of the ratio between innocents and special roles, but I will not confirm any numbers until the game has ended.

@rebelswin_85, on Jan 30 2008, 09:41 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

Do we have two evil agents in our midst or three? Just to clarify. Most games I've seen have two, but we have a lot of people here... (sortof a follow-up to Hypochondriac's question, I was typing all of this while he posted)

Summary Of Stuff

first to post - Jacabyte. Very innocuously. (Giants, btw. Boo Patriots.)
darth_vader - first to suggest an evil plot
Mackilroy - no help whatsoever, but I very much empathize.
re: Shlimazel about EC - I don't find it that suspicious
<a bunch of stuff from the last game that's probably irrelevant>

Vote Path:

SIB -> Manta, Manta -> SIB, prophile -> SIB, Shlimazel -> EC, EC -> SIB, JacaByte -> EC, SIB -> EC

The only thing I can really think of that might provide a clue this early on is the tendency for an ED to vote with his partner. The closest thing to that would be SIB/JacaByte voting for EC. The votes against SIB seem at the beginning something of a bandwagon, but that doesn't mean he isn't an ED.

That's all I've got for now. All things consider, I tentatively vote against SoItBegins. So it begins indeed...

I will not be confirming or denying any suspicions about the quantity of any role, evil or otherwise.

@jacabyte, on Jan 30 2008, 10:07 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

Could I have some clarification on ED, please? I'm not familiar with that term.

Also, I deny having any type of partnership with SIB whatsoever. Be it for nefarious reasons or otherwise.

Evil Dictator is a term that dates back to some of the earlier games, when the enemies of the innocents were secret dictators trying to nuke the world. Since then we've moved more towards calling them terrorists, and this game, the proper term is Rogue Member of the Nuclear Arms Council, or just Rogue Member. But of course you can call them whatever you wish. I myself actually use the initials ED on my cheat sheet :).

_The Big Board reads:

Anon -
darth_vader -
1Eevee1 -
Eugene Chin - SoItBegins
GutlessWonder -
Hypochondriac -
JacaByte - Eugene Chin
kickme -
Mackilroy -
Manta - SoItBegins
nfreader -
prophile - SoItBegins
rebelswin_85 - SoItBegins
Rickton -
RJC Ultra -
Shlimazel - Eugene Chin
SoItBegins - Eugene Chin_

Ten of you have yet to vote. Please do so at your earliest convenience. There are 50 hours left in the round, and the result of the vote is still far from decided.

@mrxak, on Jan 30 2008, 09:09 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

Evil Dictator is a term that dates back to some of the earlier games, when the enemies of the innocents were secret dictators trying to nuke the world. Since then we've moved more towards calling them terrorists, and this game, the proper term is Rogue Member of the Nuclear Arms Council, or just Rogue Member. But of course you can call them whatever you wish. I myself actually use the initials ED on my cheat sheet :).

I personally use the name Rogue Power for the role where if someone is killed they automatically kill someone else. I don't know why we switched to terrorists from dictators, I liked dictators better. Recently, I've just been calling them the Evil Players.

Reading over the previous posts, I still don't see a potentially evil person. I'm going to hold off for a bit.

@jacabyte, on Jan 30 2008, 10:07 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

You want one? :heythere:
I'm hesitant to vote because there's almost no evidence, but if mrxak wants it, I'm probably going to have to vote for SoItBegins because his random votes make me nervous.
Even if he's not a terrorist, who wants someone that unpredictable as a world leader?

This post has been edited by Rickton : 30 January 2008 - 10:40 PM

All this bandwagoning against SIB is making me a bit nervous.