GTW Game 18

Wohoo! Drunken ambassador ghosts achieve epic win! Let's give them a big hand! hick

But, seriously, good game!

@shlimazel, on Feb 17 2008, 04:37 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

But, seriously, good game!

Yeah, I've seen it worse.

@gutlesswonder, on Feb 18 2008, 02:21 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

kickme: My first vote for you was nothing more than an educated guess. Of all of the actions you had been taking, compared to everyone else, you seemed to be the most suspicious. I had no real proof, of course. 🙂

Yeah, I was posting far more than normal. Maybe next game I'll go back to lurking 😉

@rjc-ultra, on Feb 17 2008, 12:10 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

Yeah, I've seen it worse.

I thought it was an excellent game. I had a lot of fun, including the PMing.

Wow, good game. I'm surprised; I thought there would be another twist there, but no. We won!

@mrxak, on Feb 16 2008, 10:44 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

1. Less than three intelligence agents. I feel it contributed to an imbalance, aided by the fact that some of the intelligence agents were apparently talking to other players in private.

Perceptive of you; I was talking to other players using PMs, especially after I found out about darth vader's special power. Hypochondriac contacted DV using a PM, apparently, and I discovered he was a takedown. I later discovered that Mackilroy was a rogue. With this knowledge in mind, I formulated a plan that would have killed 4 people in round 4. I was going to have Hypochondriac spill the information that Mackilroy was rogue to the other players and advocate to the assassin (whose identity we didn't know) to convince him to kill Mackilroy and have nfreader lynched through the vote of the council at large. When Hypochondriac was shot by the other terrorists at large, I told him to kill a fourth person whose identity I won't reveal because it was later determined that he was innocent. Well, Hypo didn't think it would work, so that's why that didn't happen and I got night-killed when I slipped and told nfreader that I knew that Mackilroy was rogue. Whoops. I won't be doing that again in GTW 19.

@kickme, on Feb 17 2008, 01:15 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

Yeah, I was posting far more than normal. Maybe next game I'll go back to lurking 😉

I actually thought you were lurking too much

@jacabyte, on Feb 17 2008, 03:14 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

Wow, good game. I'm surprised; I thought there would be another twist there, but no. We won!
Perceptive of you; I was talking to other players using PMs, especially after I found out about darth vader's special power. Hypochondriac contacted DV using a PM, apparently, and I discovered he was a takedown. I later discovered that Mackilroy was a rogue. With this knowledge in mind, I formulated a plan that would have killed 4 people in round 4. I was going to have Hypochondriac spill the information that Mackilroy was rogue to the other players and advocate to the assassin (whose identity we didn't know) to convince him to kill Mackilroy and have nfreader lynched through the vote of the council at large. When Hypochondriac was shot by the other terrorists at large, I told him to kill a fourth person whose identity I won't reveal because it was later determined that he was innocent. Well, Hypo didn't think it would work, so that's why that didn't happen and I got night-killed when I slipped and told nfreader that I knew that Mackilroy was rogue. Whoops. I won't be doing that again in GTW 19.

Things were happening that didn't make sense, and it wasn't hard to see that my intelligence agents were running amok. Also I was informed by nfreader that he was contacted by a couple people.

Well, I was considering sending you a PM detailing all the crap I had toyed with via PM but then decided that I would explain everything to everyone at the end of the game.

I noticed that Rickton and SIB, our other intelligence agents, both investigated me within the first two rounds. What were your guys reaction to that? And how did SIB arrange the kidnapping of Hypochondriac and what kind of information did it give him?

SoItBegins begged me for medical information following his zombification, and after explaining that Hypochondriac had not been examined, he insisted that Hypochondriac should be forced into a medical procedure. As such, Hypochondriac and the doctor were kidnapped by SoItBegins' aide. I told SoItBegins that it would very likely get very public, but he wanted it anyway, so I removed both of their votes, put SoItBegins in custody for the round, and had the doctor examine Hypochondriac. The doctor found that Hypochondriac was in better health than his previous exam upon entering the complex, and there was nothing else out of the ordinary.

So that kidnapping ability was not originally in SIB's role card?

No. I figured if he was willing to suffer the consequences to find out no more information than he otherwise would have, it was up to him.

Because of the way mrxak phrased it, I actually thought you were the assassin, JacaByte. He said something about you "paying aides to do nefarious things" or something like that. 😛
How'd you know we investigated you? Did mrxak tell you?

No, it's in the sheet that mrxak put up on the 23rd page. I had no knowledge that you were an IA until the game ended. Otherwise, things would have ended up a whole lot differently...

I did actually tell the terrorists when they were investigated.

@mrxak, on Feb 17 2008, 05:46 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

Well frankly, I was expecting SoItBegins to die instantly, otherwise I would have only had two. But while nearly everybody talked about killing SoItBegins, nobody ever really committed to it.

To you, sir: Ha, ha, ha.

P.S: If you want someone dead, you have to kill them yourself.

@rickton, on Feb 17 2008, 06:17 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

Because of the way mrxak phrased it, I actually thought you were the assassin, JacaByte. He said something about you "paying aides to do nefarious things" or something like that. 😛
How'd you know we investigated you? Did mrxak tell you?

Just so you know: I didn't guess that Jaca was the IA until I asked mrxak the right question (Am I up to something no one else knows about?), by which point, I seem to recall him being dead.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 17 February 2008 - 10:54 PM

Heh, you wanna know something funny? I figured out that you were an IA in the 7th round, right before you made a post revealing that information. I should have investigated you in the second round, but I guess we wouldn't have gotten Mackilroy in that case. Oh well. Lots of head banging going on throughout the duration of the game.