GTW Game 18

I think Jacabyte has a point. What nfreader did would be very risky behavior for a dictator, and nfreader would know this, but it's understandable coming from someone who has some sort of information.

Anon , for now, subject to change.

...That is a disturbing bit of information, SIB. I hope it's an error on the part of the big board, and some person at this table doesn't have hacking skills.

Well, until I have some other information to act upon, I'm going to place my vote on Anon. I've said what I need to say in post #195, I believe.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 03 February 2008 - 02:37 PM

I don't know why SoItBegins decided to change his vote at the last minute, nor why darth_vader and GutlessWonder both changed their votes the last two rounds at the last moment. These things happen, but I assure you I did see all three of them change their votes on their vote-o-pads in the five incidents in question.

I did not change my vote, at the last moment or otherwise. Either there's a in-game Hacker or a real-world Hacker out there. I'd prefer the former, but just to be safe I've taken steps against the latter.

EDIT: mrxak has told me that my real-life forum account is secure. I think I know exactly what we have on the loose.... Now I just have to find it.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 03 February 2008 - 02:48 PM

No, you really, actually, did change your vote, physically, and with full knowledge of your actions. I know these things happen, that's why at the podium I asked if there were any last-minute changes, and sure enough three of you made the choice to change your vote.

So, here's what appeared to have happened. Somebody changed the Darth Vader's vote from abstain to Shlimazel and Gutless Wonder's vote from Shlimazel to abstain. A pointless venture, as Shlimazel would still have the same number of votes on his head. SIB's vote, however, was changed from Gutless Wonder to Shlimazel, effectively tying up the vote. If the votes hadn't changed, Gutless Wonder would have died. Either somebody who can change the votes wants Gutless Wonder alive, or Gutless Wonder is the person who can change votes at will. Both propositions leave a pit in my stomach, I'm afraid, as this person may have other powers.

Edit: To reply to the post mrxak just made; why aren't there any posts from SIB, Darth Vader or Shlimazel that indicate their vote changes?

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 03 February 2008 - 02:54 PM

Well then, what are the odds that Gutless Wonder is the assassin and the hacker is protecting Gutless? And if someone is protecting Gutless, then should we lynch him? Or.... Hmm.

No, I still think that JacaByte is the assassin.

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 03 February 2008 - 02:59 PM

@jacabyte, on Feb 3 2008, 02:52 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

Edit: To reply to the post mrxak just made; why aren't there any posts from SIB, Darth Vader or Shlimazel that indicate their vote changes?

Because it occurred in italicized text in my own post. Only in my italicized text does the game actually exist. Posts players make or PMs they send are only informing me what to put into my italicized text.

Great. Unfortunately, I didn't send mrxak any sort of PM whatsoever.

And yet, you did vote for Shlimazel. Funny that.

Anon:

I believe you.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 03 February 2008 - 03:13 PM

@nfreader, on Feb 3 2008, 12:55 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

I have it on VERY good authority that Anon is evil. I can't tell you WHO told me, but I can tell you that anon is one of the terrorists.

On what authority? Seeing as I have a PM in my possession declaring me to be innocent, and with no special abilities what-so-ever, I'd like to know who is leading you on nfreader , so that I may vote for them.

If you do decide I must die this round, and nfreader does not die during the interstice, remember when the investigation results come back negative that nfreader convinced you to take this path. I suspect, however, that if I die by a lynch, and nfreader is truly innocent, then he will die at the hands of the terrorists to prevent him from informing you of the source of his mysterious knowledge.

I have a simple solution, which I retract because it would unbalance the game.

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 03 February 2008 - 03:22 PM

I personally do not feel that screenshots of PMs are in the fair interests of the game. I would be opposed to any postings, and while I cannot stop you from sending PMs, I do discourage it. Also remember that screenshots can be easily faked. For instance, taking a part of a real PM from me and pasting in new text. Additionally, if this game ends up being about who can show screenshots of what, etc., this game will get very much not fun for everybody.

@mrxak, on Feb 3 2008, 02:20 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

I personally do not feel that screenshots of PMs are in the fair interests of the game.

I agree. I have no problems telling you I received the PM. But posting screenshots breaks the game.

Oh, okay. I'm sorry; that didn't occur to me. I will retract my suggestion.

Thank you both.

So... you don't like us to send PMs to each other? Why? A PM should be dealt with using more scrutiny than a normal post because they can hold information that can either be extremely deceptive or extremely helpful, depending on your course of action, and can be used to coordinate the efforts of innocents and evil dictators alike.

@jacabyte, on Feb 3 2008, 12:31 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

So... you don't like us to send PMs to each other? Why? A PM should be dealt with using more scrutiny than a normal post because they can hold information that can either be extremely deceptive or extremely helpful, depending on your course of action, and can be used to coordinate the efforts of innocents and evil dictators alike.

Uh... no, I think mrxak doesn't like us being able to prove that we received the PMs.