GTW Game 18

@soitbegins, on Feb 2 2008, 07:26 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

Hmmmmm...

Well, I know Manta's motivation: 'he hate me' ever since that business with the fake player list in game 17.

On the other hand, I don't know GutlessWonder's. Come to think of it, I would have expected for him to retract his vote by now.

So why didn't he?

I don't know, but the fact that two other players seem to have targeted him makes me curious...
...ah, what the heck. GutlessWonder , I vote against you.

@gutlesswonder, on Jan 31 2008, 08:18 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

My internet's going down on an irregular basis, so I wasn't able to get online at all for a day or so. With bad weather moving in hopefully it'll stay up. For now, I'll hold off on voting for anyone.

I have developed a theory.

I think that JacaByte is the assassin. I think that he tried to kill darth_vader, but when he discovered that darth-vader is innocent he tried to convince everyone else of the fact. But the only problem is I lack a motivation. Why kill darth_vader? What did he do to make himself look dangerous?

I think that voting for anyone right now would be a mistake. I keep making that mistake, but I'll try to correct it now. I <self defense vote> from voting.

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 02 February 2008 - 08:09 PM

And I shall stand in front of the wagon and I shall suffer it to pass me by. This spectre of death shall not cloud my soul, nor shroud my innocence. Shlimazel , this undecidedness does not suit you, and is unbecoming. Here I stand, here I shall remain.

I withdraw my vote against you in the hopes of not killing an innocent and you vote for me? Thanks, I appreciate that. I self-defense vote against Gutless Wonder.

_The Big Board reads:

Anon -
darth_vader -
1Eevee1 -
GutlessWonder - Shlimazel
Hypochondriac - SoItBegins
JacaByte - GutlessWonder
kickme -
Mackilroy -
Manta - SoItBegins
nfreader -
rebelswin_85 -
Rickton -
RJC Ultra - GutlessWonder
Shlimazel - GutlessWonder
SoItBegins - GutlessWonder_

Well, that was certainly a fun bit of flip-flopping by most of you. I hope I've kept track well enough that The Big Board is accurate. I do wish more of you would vote soon. Right now I'm leaning toward ending this round in 16 hours.

You should all assume you have only 13 hours to vote or PM me.

For this round, I'm going to vote against SoItBegins , because of his utterly baseless (I hope) vote against GutlessWonder and his general suspiciousness.

@soitbegins, on Feb 2 2008, 06:26 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

Hmmmmm...

Well, I know Manta's motivation: 'he hate me' ever since that business with the fake player list in game 17.

On the other hand, I don't know GutlessWonder's. Come to think of it, I would have expected for him to retract his vote by now.

So why didn't he?

I don't know, but the fact that two other players seem to have targeted him makes me curious...
...ah, what the heck. GutlessWonder , I vote against you.

My extreme dislike of your hosting and other actions have nothing to do with my vote for you, I keep previous game dislikes out of my voting in current games. I see you acting extremely suspicious and I believe that you are most likely to be a terrorist as of right now.

I think you're all wrong. Anon is the real threat here.

@nfreader, on Feb 3 2008, 09:57 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

I think you're all wrong. Anon is the real threat here.

You come out of nowhere to bring us a completely unexplained accusation, nfreader?

_"Ah, gentlemen, the time has come for us to conclude this round of voting. Enjoy your End of the Round Soup, which has been checked thoroughly for poison this time. If you have any last minute changes to your vote, please do so immediately," mrxak said after reaching the podium. Sure enough, three people change their votes, GutlessWonder abstains, darth_vader and SoItBegins vote for Shlimazel.

The Big Board reads:

Anon -
darth_vader - Shlimazel
1Eevee1 -
GutlessWonder -
Hypochondriac - SoItBegins
JacaByte - GutlessWonder
kickme -
Mackilroy - SoItBegins
Manta - SoItBegins
nfreader - Anon
rebelswin_85 -
Rickton - nfreader
RJC Ultra - GutlessWonder
Shlimazel - GutlessWonder
SoItBegins - Shlimazel

"Let's see here, it seems we have a tie, between GutlessWonder with 3 votes and SoItBegins with 3 votes. Shlimazel received 2, and Anon and nfreader both recieved 1. Well, clearly we should start all over again until we can reach a consensus. Nobody will be executed today," mrxak smiled, then his smile turned to a frown. "Stop pretending to be dead, Manta. I told you the soup was checked for poison!"

"He's really dead!" Mackilroy called out, checking his pulse. "I don't think it was the soup though, he's got a dart in his neck."

Sure enough, a tiny dart is in Manta's neck, and Manta's corpse is taken away.

"Hmm, it seems somebody's been able to kill off Manta without any of us noticing," mrxak says. "And it seems that Manta's nation is being nuked as we speak. The rogue members have struck again!"

_There are currently 14 players in this game:
Anon
darth_vader
1Eevee1
GutlessWonder
Hypochondriac
JacaByte
kickme
Mackilroy
nfreader
rebelswin_85
Rickton
RJC Ultra
Shlimazel
SoItBegins _

"Well gentlemen, this next round will last between 48 and 60 hours. Please vote quickly, or else the rogue members will surely kill another of us."_

I will either end the round in 48 hours or 60 hours. Please plan on having your votes in sooner rather than later, as well as any PMs you might want to send.

I will withdraw my vote for Gutless Wonder if he withdraws his vote for me.

@shlimazel, on Feb 3 2008, 12:21 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

I will withdraw my vote for Gutless Wonder if he withdraws his vote for me.

Currently there are no votes for anybody from anybody.

_The Big Board reads:

Anon -
darth_vader -
1Eevee1 -
GutlessWonder -
Hypochondriac -
JacaByte -
kickme -
Mackilroy -
nfreader -
rebelswin_85 -
Rickton -
RJC Ultra -
Shlimazel -
SoItBegins - _

Oh, it reset. Sorry mrxak, I didn't catch that last time. In that case, I will begin meditating on who could have killed manta, and why. Hopefully this will work out as well as it did last game.

Hmm, I see a pattern in the targets of the terrorists. Neither Manta nor Prophile were especially active this game. This leads me to the belief that the terrorists are trying to pick off all the people who are lurking. Neither Manta nor Prophile were that active in the game, compared to the other players. On the other hand, it is also possible that the terrorists are trying to frame SoItBegins for killing them, because both Manta and Prophile voted against SoItBegins. Or maybe SoItBegins is the terrorist and is killing off everyone who voted for him (not likely). I still don't have a vote picked out, though.

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 03 February 2008 - 12:55 PM

Well, nfreader's vote for anon near the end of the previous round was certainly interesting. Normally, I'd vote against that person for behaving randomly, but he might know something we don't, no? Why would he stick his neck out like that especially since he knows it could get cut off by the council?

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 03 February 2008 - 01:28 PM

That's true. He didn't say why he voted for Anon. nfreader, would you be willing to give a reasoning for your vote?

I suggest that perhaps taking a look at Anon's actions during this game would show us some reason to suspect Anon, or why nfreader would want to vote for Anon. Perhaps we could get a clearer picture that way.

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 03 February 2008 - 01:34 PM

I have it on VERY good authority that Anon is evil. I can't tell you WHO told me, but I can tell you that anon is one of the terrorists.

Well, that sounds convincing. Let's just say you'd better be right about Anon.

What the @ &*!$?!?!

I never voted for Shlimazel in the last round at all. Someone has either been messing with my vote as per Eugene Chin in Game 17, or someone in the real world has found a way to hack into my account.

WTF!?! I didn't catch that. Who were you voting for? I'm going to go see.

You voted for Gutless. That's right. Now, I wouldn't get too excited. It is possibly-maybe not likely, but possible- that mrxak just got your vote wrong by accident.

No, that couldn't be because mrxak HAD the right vote for you. So it looks as though we have a vote changer on our hands who has it out for me. Possibly because I'm getting close with my guesses? Let's be vigilant, gentlemen.

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 03 February 2008 - 02:30 PM