Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII

Your making a mistake. Hopefully it will be the last and the terrorists will lose. I'm going to enjoy saying told you so. When you discover I'm innocent. On the bright side the pool of potential terrorists will be decreased. 2 out of 9 gives you about a 22% chance of randomly determining the terrorist

Shlimazel

I've been thinking over this for a while now.

mrxak started off the round hot to pick on Shlimazel and Chamrin, who wasn't even actually in the game.

He only switched to Hypochondriac in round one because of 'perceived' bandwagoning. Hypo did list a reason for his vote, but mrxak brushed it off as irrelevant. Yet, mrxak went out of his way to defend bandwagoning against Hypochondriac, when Hypochondriac's reasoning seems to me no more unreasonable than Shlimazel's.

He jumped on Hypochondriac again this round over "Indirect Accusation."

Despite mrxak's assertions, Hypo never actually made any accusations against him this round. He's been on defense the whole time.

In fact, in the post mrxak is making so much fuss about? Only one of the three possibilities Hypochondriac lists actually points the finger at mrxak.

The other possibilities Hypochondriac listed, that someone could be trying to frame mrxak, or that it was a random kill a fact mrxak, again, brushed aside.

Has anybody but me noticed that Hypochondriac hasn't even voted for mrxak this round? He's voting JacaByte. If he's evil, where's the benefit in that?

I don't think mrxak's accusation of Hypochondriac holds water.
I don't think anything will come of this, either, what with all the weight being thrown against Hypochondriac, but still:

Vote: mrxak.

The Vote As It Stands:
mrxak - Hypochondriac
darth_vader - Hypochondriac
Shlimazel - Hypochondriac
1Eevee1 - Hypochondriac

RJC Ultra - Shlimazel
GutlessWonder - Shlimazel

Anon - mrxak
Eugene Chin - mrxak

Hypochondriac - JacaByte
Buffalo the Kid - kickme
kickme -
JacaByte -

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 24 January 2008 - 11:00 AM

You make an interesting point, Eugene, but I already suspected Hypo. The first thing I thought when I saw the post you linked was "terrorist trying to shift suspicion away from self." I responded to the post, though I did not go so far as to accuse. However, when I saw that another player had the same suspicions as me, that made me more sure that I wasn't just being paranoid. If Hypo is not evil, that's too bad, and I realize that this may cast suspicion upon myself. However, I'm confident enough to risk it.

If Hypochondriac isn't evil, then he's played this game so poorly so as to distract from those who are, and thus we need to get him out of the way no matter what he is. As he's said several times, it's a good learning experience for him.

I think I know what mrxak's talking about. Hypochondriac, if you want to know the full reason, go read the first round of GTW game 12 (XII). My PMing and Alliance-making antics only screwed the game balance over pretty badly and got me killed. The good news? We won!

_Suddenly, the voice of F.A.T.E. cuts through the din.

"Attention, everyone. I have found out new information about poor Manta." The voice is (as always) expressionless, so "Poor Manta" sounds sarcastic.

"It appears he maintained a network of what were (supposedly) communications satellites, but were actually for the purpose of safely halting and destroying swarms of nuclear missiles."

"He most likely would have used this power to protect one of you. It is a pity he was killed."

And with that, F.A.T.E. falls silent and lets the chatter build up again.

_In short: Manta was a Protector. He could stop a kill in progress, though he then had to wait a few turns before he could do it again.

Terrorists should PM me soon, as the round ends in 3 hours or so.

JacaByte: If you don't vote for F.A.T.E., F.A.T.E.'ll vote for you.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 24 January 2008 - 02:56 PM

I shall vote for darth_vader , as he wont die as a result.

All this arguing has made be lose track of what's happening in the actual arguments, hence the pointless vote.

ATTENTION: This round closes in 1 1/2 hours. All votes will be locked in 1 hour.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 24 January 2008 - 03:42 PM

Anon - mrxak
Buffalo The Kid - kickme
darth_vader - Hypochondriac
1Eevee1 - Hypochondriac
Eugene Chin - mrxak
GutlessWonder - Shlimazel
Hypochondriac - JacaByte
JacaByte - mrxak (voted by F.A.T.E.)
kickme - darth_vader
mrxak - Hypochondriac
RJC Ultra - Shlimazel
Shlimazel - Hypochondriac
Hypochondriac** : 4
mrxak: 3
Shlimazel: 2
darth_vader: 1
JacaByte: 1
kickme: 1

_Once again, the ambassadors had voted. Once again, they had decided who the terrorists were most likely to be.

F.A.T.E. used the same formal phrasing as it had the last time. 'As per your choices, you have indicated that Hypochondriac has a high chance of being a terrorist. Hypochondriac, please stand.'

Hypochondriac blanched in his seat, then said one simple word.

"No."

F.A.T.E. repeated, 'Hypochondriac, please stand.'

"No. I'm not going to be... eaten like prophile was. I'll stay right here, thank you."

F.A.T.E. didn't get angry. Then again, it was impossible to tell. 'You realize that if you prefer, I can just shoot you?'

Hypochondriac got up. And ran. Right as he was passing by GutlessWonder, a bullet materialized from thin air and hit Hypochondriac in the head.

Then, Hypochondriac exploded. It wasn't as if he was carrying a bomb-- it was more as if his entire body was made of plastic explosive. After the dust settled (and the ambassadors gathered the courage to venture out from the various corners of the room that they dove into when they heard the explosion), Hypochondriac and GutlessWonder were two small piles of ash in the center of the room.

F.A.T.E. started to talk again. 'Uh... yes. Mindscans of those two, taken very quickly before the explosion, reveal that Hypochondriac and GutlessWonder were both innocent.'

Groans from around the table. F.A.T.E. continued, 'It appears that Hypochondriac was bioengineered to explode, possibly in the event of a kill attempt by the terrorists. It looks to have backfired, however... even though-- ATTENTION. We have detected some nuclear missile launches, heading towards the country represented by JacaByte. It appears that they should hit any...time... now.'

Everyone looked at JacaByte to see his reaction, but JacaByte was nowhere to be found. Then, his body turned up. Dead. With a knife in his back. Under the table. F.A.T.E. let out a noise which sounded akin to a sigh. 'It appears that someone was holding back on me when I took control of the world's nukes. I was not able to get a fix on which country the nukes came from, unfortunately.'

"Phew!" sighed Shlimazel. "At least we haven't had any more activity from the terrorists--"

Right before he fell to the ground, dead.

The ambassadors peered in closer at Shlimazel... who got back up. After some argument and confusion, it emerged that Shlimazel (and his nation) were both protected by a specialized energy shield. This shield would protect the user (or country). Once. Shlimazel's had stopped another microdart; his country's shield had stopped a barrage of missiles. Now matter how you put it, Shlimazel had a very lucky escape.
__
------------

Once again, the ambassadors had voted. Once again, they had decided who the terrorists were most likely to be.

Once again, _they were wrong _.

_Condensed Summary: _

_Hypochondriac was lynched. His role was Rebound, which let him (if he was killed by the terrorists) destroy a terrorist, (if he was killed by someone else) destroy his killer, or (if he was lynched) destroy someone at random.

GutlessWonder was the 'at random'. He was Ordinary, and has no special abilities whatsoever.

JacaByte was killed by person or persons unknown.

Shlimazel was (almost) killed by the terrorists. His role is that he was Shielded, giving himself the ability to prevent himself from dying. Once. He is now Ordinary.

The next round will begin as soon as possible...

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 24 January 2008 - 06:30 PM

That will be quite annoying indeed.

Told you I was Innocent. Great job people because of you two innocent people are dead.

If you had stayed next to kickme, then one innocent and one terrorist would be dead.

Ok, the next round begins now and will end at 5:00 CST on Saturday.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 24 January 2008 - 06:24 PM

Avenge me!

JacaByte said:

Avenge me!

You forgot to say 'Booga'.

Screw "booga." I've had a terrible day, and this death at the hands of persons unknown is icing on the cake.

M

Wait... so the terrorists killed two people?! Well... killed one and attempted to kill another...

This post has been edited by Buffalo the Kid : 24 January 2008 - 08:14 PM

No. Here's what happened.

F.A.T.E. killed Hypochondriac.

Hypochondriac (unwittingly) killed GutlessWonder. By standing next to him.

The terrorists tried to kill Shlimazel, but failed, because Shlimazel was Shielded.

Finally, someone else (who isn't affiliated with the terrorists) killed JacaByte.