Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII

What if there is a tie? By what criteria is the tie breaking vote cast?

@hypochondriac, on Jan 20 2008, 09:17 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

What if there is a tie? By what criteria is the tie breaking vote cast?

@soitbegins, on Jan 20 2008, 10:07 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

• F.A.T.E. will settle ties in its own nasty tricky non-deterministic little way.

SIB's answer on this topic is vague, and vaguely discomforting.

@gutlesswonder, on Jan 21 2008, 09:48 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

This no lynch person is intriguing, but in the grand tradition of things I shall wholly support Shlimazel for this first round's nuclear blossom.

And in another tradition, I shall call you a 'bandwagoner', but will refrain from voting for you for now.

From reading the history tapes and seeing the results of previous wars, It seems mrxak will pose the greatest danger as a terrorist. Sorry if your innocent mrxak but can't risk you being the terrorist.

mrxak gets my vote.

This post has been edited by Hypochondriac : 20 January 2008 - 05:08 PM

Bold your vote 🙂

@kickme, on Jan 20 2008, 04:56 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

Bold your vote 🙂

Done. No lynch votes and abstentions were supposed to be voted for by the computer will be interesting to see how that goes

Shlimazel is new at this game, correct? If so, why did he ask what the goal of this game is? If he were a terrorist, wouldn't that have been explained to him in his PM and he wouldn't have asked us what to do? I believe he is innocent.

And may I point out that, due to his history as a terrorist, that mrxak would be the least likely to be a terrorist? It would be suicide to become a terrorist with a history like mrxak's.

@jacabyte, on Jan 20 2008, 05:16 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

Shlimazel is new at this game, correct? If so, why did he ask what the goal of this game is? If he were a terrorist, wouldn't that have been explained to him in his PM and he wouldn't have asked us what to do? I believe he is innocent.

And may I point out that, due to his history as a terrorist, that mrxak would be the least likely to be a terrorist? It would be suicide to become a terrorist with a history like mrxak's.

Which is exactly why I voted for him. In my opinion he's hoping everyone will think like you.

That's a double corollary, but I suppose we should vote in the defense of Shlimazel...

I'll change my vote to (retracted) , as we don't appear to have another choice at this point.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 20 January 2008 - 09:43 PM

Just so you know: The three new players got extra help in their PMs, describing what (if any) their roles were/could do, and (if they had a role) how to activate them.

Because I'm a certified robot-hater, I am forced to vote F. A. T. E.

You can't vote for F.A.T.E. F.A.T.E. votes for you.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 20 January 2008 - 06:14 PM

@jacabyte, on Jan 20 2008, 03:14 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

You can't vote for F.A.T.E. F.A.T.E. votes for you.

Y'know, I don't think I could have put it better (or more nastily ominous) myself. Thanks JacaByte!

I abstain from voting for the time being.

If you abstain, The computer votes for you. So your vote still counts. You might as well pick someone. Not sure how Soitbegins plans on handling it but it looks like there will be a vote for each player

If you submit an invalid vote, your name (on the next story segment) will show up next to the computer's vote and "(voted by F.A.T.E.)".

@soitbegins, on Jan 20 2008, 04:31 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

Y'know, I don't think I could have put it better (or more nastily ominous) myself. Thanks JacaByte!

With pleasure.

cackles evilly

@jacabyte, on Jan 20 2008, 05:57 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

cackles evilly

All I needed to know. Retracted JacaByte

This post has been edited by GutlessWonder : 21 January 2008 - 07:33 PM

All in good fun, my friend, all in good fun...

@manta, on Jan 20 2008, 01:28 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

Because I do not wish to kill an innocent, I will vote no lynch until evidence arises on who is a terrorist.

Can we get a clarification from F.A.T.E. as to what exactly a vote of no lynch will be counted as?

@kickme, on Jan 20 2008, 04:50 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

And in another tradition, I shall call you a 'bandwagoner', but will refrain from voting for you for now.

I hope you call the following people bandwagoners as well:
Hypochondriac
JacaByte

I am changing my vote to

Spoiler

Hypochondriac

now, in light of his actions. I urge my fellow ambassadors to recognize that these two pose the greatest threat to us all, by blindly following somebody else. Hypochondriac's relationship with Shlimazel is also suspicious to me, but I have abandoned my hopes of eliminating Shlimazel for the time being.