Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII

How am I a bandwagoner? I would like to remind my fellow diplomats of mrxak's colorful history. I have my doubts to his guilt, but there overshadowed by the risk he poses as a terrorist.

You're a bandwagoner for voting for me after a vote was already cast against me, and having no reason to do so other than that if I was a terrorist, I'd be dangerous. I'll have you know, I'm dangerous to the terrorists if I'm not one, too. Did you overlook the game that lasted only two rounds because I led the way to pick off the two terrorists in the first two votes?

Am I wrong about you? Change your vote and I'll consider changing mine.

A no lynch vote will be handled in the same way as an abstain-- F.A.T.E. will vote for you.

So we do have another choice, perhaps. I'm not going to participate in this cross-fire between mrxak and hypochondriac for now, but I am going to retract my vote.

Abstain

How long till the round ends? It seems like I need to do more research

This post has been edited by Hypochondriac : 20 January 2008 - 10:07 PM

This round ends at midnight Tuesday, CST. But F.A.T.E. can change that if it wishes and cut this round short...

Edit: Oh wait, it ends midnight Monday. Never mind, then.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 20 January 2008 - 10:13 PM

In 30 hours, 48 minutes.

@soitbegins, on Jan 20 2008, 10:12 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

In 30 hours, 48 minutes.

Does that mean F.A.T.E won't cut it short?

That's 5 AM EST, I think?

To clear up all the confusion: I live on the west coast of the US, so I started the round at 2 AM this morning, my time. Since then, 17 hours have elapsed. I will end this round (assuming I don't decide to end it early) at 2 AM Tuesday morning. This will simplify questions about which midnight belongs to which day. Sorry if I said 'midnight' earlier, I just had my time zones mixed up.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 20 January 2008 - 10:22 PM

@mrxak, on Jan 20 2008, 08:15 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

That's 5 AM EST, I think?

No, CST is Central Standard Time. So, 1 AM EST.

2 AM Tuesday morning on the west coast is 5 AM on the east coast, and also 48 hours from the first post in this topic that started the round. I can only assume CST is something else?

Also, just so maybe we can discuss something other than time zones, the following people have yet to vote for somebody:
Anon
Buffalo The Kid
darth_vader
1Eevee1
Eugene Chin
JacaByte
kickme
Manta
prophile
RJC Ultra

I do not have time to read this topic at the moment. I will return tomorrow evening to make a vote.

No, CST is not something else: http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbrevi...s/timezones/na/

Anyway, with the startling number of people who haven't yet voted, I'll make my vote for (retracted) for now.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 21 January 2008 - 08:33 PM

@jacabyte, on Jan 20 2008, 10:52 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

No, CST is not something else: http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbrevi...s/timezones/na/

Anyway, with the startling number of people who haven't yet voted, I'll make my vote for Hypochondriac for now.

You guys are making a mistake voting for me. Not that you will believe me.

I sticking with mrxak. Of the people playing he was the terrorist most often. If nfreader was playing I would have voted for him first.

This post has been edited by Hypochondriac : 20 January 2008 - 11:16 PM

@hypochondriac, on Jan 20 2008, 11:12 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

You guys are making a mistake voting for me. Not that you will believe me.

I sticking with mrxak. Of the people playing he was the terrorist most often. If nfreader was playing I would have voted for him first.

You roll a die 10 times, and 3 comes up 4 of those times, the odds of it being a 3 again is still 1/6, and the odds of me being something else is 5/6. Past role frequency has absolutely no bearing on the game we're playing now. Even if it did have some bearing, wouldn't you think it'd be more likely I wasn't a terrorist, since I would be the "obvious" choice?

While past roles really don't factor into this game. It's the first round so finding out the terrorist is nearly impossible. So I have nothing else to go on. I'm not going to abstain and have the computer vote for me. If I survive a few more rounds I might get a better Idea of who's the terrorist by looking at the votes and comments. Despite having two votes I doubt you will be killed in the first round.

@mrxak, on Jan 20 2008, 08:24 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

You roll a die 10 times, and 3 comes up 4 of those times, the odds of it being a 3 again is still 1/6, and the odds of me being something else is 5/6. Past role frequency has absolutely no bearing on the game we're playing now. Even if it did have some bearing, wouldn't you think it'd be more likely I wasn't a terrorist, since I would be the "obvious" choice?

Uhhh... what does dice rolling have to do with all of this?!

He's talking about the properties of random variables.

If a player doesn't put in a vote, and F.A.T.E votes for him, is it possible for the computer assigned vote to target that same player? (i.e. kickme doesn't vote, so F.A.T.E casts kickme's vote for kickme? )

Maybe.