Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII

Destined to be ordinary from the very beginning... 😞

I give this round an F. Also, I pretty much agree with everything that Eugene said. Now imagine what would have happened if I had lived longer through the game, and/or had gotten the message from 1Eevee1 to change the consensus of the vote from Hypochondriac to mrxak.

@eugene-chin, on Jan 29 2008, 05:06 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

"Puppetmaster?"

Yeah, that role was ridiculous. I never got to use it, though.

Anyway, I thought this was an interesting round. SIB had some interesting ideas for special roles, but he made the mistake of dumping them all into one game. i wouldn't call this as bad as nfreader's. It had an actual point. The style wasn't appealing to people who wanted a serious game, but I wouldn't mind doing something like this again, if I was in the mood for something looser and more over the top.

@jacabyte, on Jan 30 2008, 08:31 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

I give this round an F. Also, I pretty much agree with everything that Eugene said. Now imagine what would have happened if I had lived longer through the game, and/or had gotten the message from 1Eevee1 to change the consensus of the vote from Hypochondriac to mrxak.

Yeah, SIB, what would have actually happened if Jaca, on my instructions, set F.A.T.E to kill mrxak?

@1eevee1, on Jan 29 2008, 04:25 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

Yeah, SIB, what would have actually happened if Jaca, on my instructions, set F.A.T.E to kill mrxak?

mrxak's Reality Engine would have diverted it, as per the instructions he set. Incidentally, JacaByte never told me to set F.A.T.E. to kill mrxak. Only Eugene Chin did that. :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 29 January 2008 - 08:08 PM

Yeah, he never got the message in time. After I investigated mrxak, I thought he was either a hacker or a terrorist, so I told Jaca to set F.A.R.T... er... F.A.T.E. to kill him if somebody else was targeted.

Hehe, I was hoping a blocked investigation attempt would scare the investigator to leave me alone.

Y'know, considering how much flak I've been getting for the way I handled the game, I'm kind of starting to feel like the supervillain getting led away, murmuring to himself, 'But I only wanted to do good... '

However, the good news is that in the stories, the supervillain always comes back for the sequel.