GTW XIV

I told you, Eugene, I'm not following his lead. I pay absolutely no attention to when nfreader posts, nor do I care. Had he not posted first I would have, and you would be saying that he was voting with me. That's all there is to it. You can be suspicious of me all you want, but if you kill me then you tip the balance even more in favor of the terrorists.

@mackilroy, on Dec 8 2007, 12:44 AM, said in GTW XIV:

Who to vote for... thinks I'll join Manta and vote for darth_vader , since the Black-suited One's reasons seemed rather flaky to me.

Vote for Manta is retracted.

New vote is for Mackilroy. Jumping on the first poster in the new round and starting a bandwagon are suspicious activities.

What is up with this? Your reasons for voting for Manta seemed flaky to me. I'm not bandwagoning just to get rid of you. You genuinely seemed suspicious. If you can convince me otherwise, I'll change my vote.

Votes as it stands now:
darth_vader - Mackilroy
Manta- Mackilroy ( see reasoning below )
Mackilroy- darth_vader
RJC Ultra- darth_vader
Anon- Manta
Eugene Chin- Mackilroy

My original vote for darth_vader was in self defense, no more or less, and it was retracted when he retracted his vote against me. My vote for Mackilroy is because he has seemed suspicious to me throughout this game. In the first round he joined a bandwagon early, likely for an easy kill. In the second round he tried to join a bandwagon, but changed his vote to abstain after I explained my no lynch tactic for the first round of games, this tactic would draw suspicion away from him under normal circumstances, but after my explanation, it only makes me suspect him more. This round Mackilroy made the mistake of trying to join a bandwagon early, but only confirmed my suspicions. Lastly Mackilroy has not gone out as far as to be the first to vote for someone, he is always voting after someone else starts the voting.

If you guys want it to be that way, then so be it. But you're making a mistake...

I believe one of the bandit leaders in Avernum 4 said about the same thing-- just before I ended the region's bandit problem.

I"d agree with you, but there's a difference - he was evil, I'm not.

Well, if kickme will ever come back and clear things up - everybody's voted, kickme! - we'll find out.

The middle screen flicks one. This time there is two people on screen.

It appears that Mackilroy is a terrorist. Hopefully we can get the name of the other one out of him.

Just as kickme said that, Mackilroy's head imploded.

It appears that whoever the other terrorist is, they don't want us to find out. And now I have a mess to clean up.

The middle screen turns off

--------------------------------------

Mackilroy was a terrorist. Those that need to, PM me.

Drat, you caught me. laughs Well, you'll still lose. 🙂

But I wont, because I'm running it, not playing 🙂

You know technically, if his head imploded, there would be no mess at all. I think kickme is the terrorist.

But the rest of his body didn't. So he ended up headless, making a nice mess when he fell over.
---------------------
During a prolonged period of little terrorist activity, it is assumed that there was only one person nuking the world. The leaders started getting complacent again. About a month after Mackilroy died, an emissary from Manta's nation reached RJC Ultra with tragic news. Manta's country was completely wiped out by a surprise nuke attack. The four remaining nuclear capable leaders once again started there conference.

So, how long left in the round? This could be the last round.

Remaining Players
Anon
darth_vader
Eugene Chin
RJC Ultra

@eugene-chin, on Dec 12 2007, 03:22 PM, said in GTW XIV:

So, how long left in the round? This could be the last round.

Remaining Players
Anon
darth_vader
Eugene Chin
RJC Ultra

Votes last round:
darth_vader - Mackilroy
Manta- Mackilroy
Mackilroy- darth_vader
RJC Ultra- darth_vader
Anon- Manta
Eugene Chin- Mackilroy

I think RJC Ultra must be the other dictator. He was voting with Mackilroy, the known dictator, and since the vote ended up being 3 to 2, Mack's partner would have wanted to tie it or kill me, and would not have risked voting against Mack to disguise himself. This absolves everyone who voted for Mack, which is Eugene Chin and myself, and I think it absolves Anon also, since he would have tied the vote had he been trying to protect his partner.

@darth_vader, on Dec 12 2007, 11:26 PM, said in GTW XIV:

Votes last round:
darth_vader - Mackilroy
Manta- Mackilroy
Mackilroy- darth_vader
RJC Ultra- darth_vader
Anon- Manta
Eugene Chin- Mackilroy

I think RJC Ultra must be the other dictator. He was voting with Mackilroy, the known dictator, and since the vote ended up being 3 to 2, Mack's partner would have wanted to tie it or kill me, and would not have risked voting against Mack to disguise himself. This absolves everyone who voted for Mack, which is Eugene Chin and myself, and I think it absolves Anon also, since he would have tied the vote had he been trying to protect his partner.

... Unless his partner had already been planning a Baton-Pass style of maneuver. One dictator is nearing incrimination, so he agrees to let the other kill him in voting easily, and get exonerated by it.

Here's what I think happened:
In the first round you, darth_vader, convinced Mackilroy that I needed to be Night-Killed.
In the past, you have said that I was very dangerous to the dictators, even if I had no special powers.

But you didn't expect me to be the SDI.

When your Night-Kill was blocked, and when I voiced that you could have been "The Shooter," you thought your days were numbered.
If you had tried to throw a second Night-Kill at me, and with my voiced suspicions, it could easily have drawn attention back to you.

So, you and Mackilroy tried to arrange it so that you would get Lynched.
You became more active in the second round, deliberately drawing everyone's attention.
Mackilroy would then lead the charge against you, and when you were killed, suspicion would be deflected from him.
He'd have then had clear sailing through to victory.

Starting a game with this is dangerous to the dictators.
However, it is now late enough in the game for this trick to work.
Further, with you already thinking you're under suspicion, it wouldn't have been such a great sacrifice.

Unfortunately for you, I didn't play along.

I was suspicious of Mackilroy, and didn't like that he could be leading everyone on so successfully.
So I voted against Mack instead of you that round.
And then everybody followed suit.

That really put a crimp in your plan, didn't it?

I did say that I almost voted against darth_vader last round. I just thought that it was more important to voice my suspicions of Mackilroy then.

I notice that you've been more aggressive than usual this game.
The first round, you slipped in a low prophile vote against Anon very early.
The second round, you began harping against Manta's methods.
Now, you've gambled on everybody buying into your Baton-Pass, and voting against RJC Ultra.

RJC Ultra has been quiet a lot this game. Not Lurky, but quiet.
His votes this game:
1: prophile - We can glean nothing from the vote against prophile, as prohpile had falsely outed himself.
2: nfreader - Mackilroy helped to frame up nfreader by voting for whoever nick voted for.
3: darth_vader - Several of us thought that you were acting suspiciously. I believe that you were deliberately setting yourself up for the Baton-Pass Sacrifice, to help Mackilroy in the final few rounds.

I may be completely wrong.
I may cost us all this game.

But this seems like a strong case to me.
Vote: darth_vader

(EDIT) I choose to reveal my role as the SDI, because this could very easily be the final round of the game...

... one way or the other.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 12 December 2007 - 09:37 PM

Well gee. Thanks for the credit for such a sneaky plot, but I'm really not that creative. All I can say is that I hope you didn't protect RJC Ultra this round. I know that you're dangerous to dictators, Eugene, but only because I genrally think you have excellent perception and judgement. This time though, you are completely wrong, and have invented a whole network of suspiciouns and speculation to somehow end with incriminating me.

All I can say is, I hope no one beleives all this convoluted stuff. My reasons for suspecting RJC Ultra are simple and are based directly on what I observed to be his most recent actions. Also, I was pretty sure you were the SDI since you failed to get killed. The SDI alwasy self-protects the first round, but knowing that, why wouldn't I kill you the next round? Usually, the SDI can't protect two people in a row, and I would have wanted you dead. Your evidence is based too much on speculation, whereas mine is not. I won't change my vote to Eugene Chin. I sincerely beleive that RJC is the last dictator, and we should nuke him this round! If we don't, the game is basically over.

@eugene-chin, on Dec 12 2007, 07:13 PM, said in GTW XIV:

A spy novel.

If it didn't make so much damn sense that you were the SDI, I would swear this whole thing was a frame-up...

But, if the choice is between RJC Ultra and darth_vader, darth_vader has seemed more suspicious to me throughout this whole game.

People, I'm completely innocent, and I would have voted Mackilroy if the other prime suspect, darth_vader , wasn't around.
I just didn't know who to vote in the first two rounds, and my vote in the third round had nothing to do with Mackilroy.

Well, all I can say is, vote RJC Ultra next round, after I die. Let's get this over with.