GTW XIII

@darth_vader, on Nov 18 2007, 02:43 PM, said in GTW XIII:

I vote Manta. That tactic is so six games ago.
I don't think you're guilty, but if Manta is not guilty, then you're my second choice because you capitalize every word you italicize, and it irritates me for no good reason.

I vote darth_vader in self defense. I did warn people after last game that I will play the same way in every game. I saw no reason to attack other innocents without any idea of if they were guilty of anything. While I understand that my previous no lynch vote will bring people to suspect me, I truely believe that I should not vote on anyone until I understand who is guilty. ( In a way my all the time play style is almost the opposite of mrxak, overly passive instead of overly aggressive. )

I believe that SoItBegins is trying to kill an obvious innocent and I would vote for him because I do not believe that his calculator has a true random number generator, but it uses it's previous results as a seed number to generate the next number in the series.

First: It actually uses two unrelated random seeds, which it refreshes pretty quickly. It's a TI-89 Titanium.
EDIT: I think the two random seeds are generated from the calculator's internal clock, as well.

Second: I could use the Blum Blum Shub cryptographically secure random generation algorithm if you prefer...

Third: If you must know, I would have preferred to vote for somebody else. Unfortunately, the random generator came up a 6. Mackilroy was 6th on the complete player list (in alphabetical order.)

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 18 November 2007 - 02:55 PM

But I'm not six if you take the order posted by Eugene Chin. That's RJC Ultra.

Also, I'm quite aware you said alphabetical order. 😛

Complete player list, in alphabetical order :

Anon
darth_vader
darwinian
Eugene Chin
Manta
Mackilroy
prophile
RJC Ultra
SoItBegins (me)

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 18 November 2007 - 05:05 PM

@soitbegins, on Nov 18 2007, 09:07 PM, said in GTW XIII:

Complete player list, in alphabetical order :

Anon
darth_vader
darwinian
Eugene Chin
Manta
Mackilroy
prophile
RJC Ultra
SoItBegins (me)

Actually, I am not playing. I just posted to be annoying.

xander

Oh. Whoops

I retract my vote against Mackilroy, and change my vote to prophile , as he is now 6th on the list. Furthermore, I offer you, Mackilroy, a sincere apology for scaring you.

Updated player list:

Anon
darth_vader
Eugene Chin
Manta
Mackilroy
prophile
RJC Ultra
SoItBegins (me)

Well, since I'm going to be the day 1 lynch anyway, I might as well throw in the towel and say this:

Yes, congratulations, I'm a terrorist. Salaam, and all that.

prophile said:

Salaam aleikum, and all that.

Well then: Aleikum salaam.

Incidentally, according to Wikipedia, these two phrases mean 'Peace be upon you,' and 'And upon you be peace.'

I'm afraid there won't be peace with nuclear missiles falling upon a terrorist...

The peace bit comes after we drop them on someone.

Oh s###.

What?

prophile

Round ends 10 PM EST today.

Oh prophile... I have to wonder if this is a joke like nfreader's one last round. I think not though.

This post has been edited by darth_vader : 19 November 2007 - 07:29 PM

@soitbegins, on Nov 19 2007, 01:34 PM, said in GTW XIII:

What?

mrxak is watching.

In case no one got that, mouse over mrxak's post, below the quote box.

@darth_vader, on Nov 20 2007, 12:28 AM, said in GTW XIII:

Oh prophile... I have to wonder if this is a joke like nfreader's one last round. I think not though.

The false dictator self-reveal has never worked out well for anyone. The straight up version didn't work for nfreader in the last game, and a subtler version of the same turned out poorly for GutlessWonder in Game IV.

I should hope that everyone is quite clear that claiming to be the dictator results in a sudden, violent death in this game.

@mrxak, on Nov 20 2007, 12:29 AM, said in GTW XIII:

mrxak is watching.

Whatcha watchin'?

Heh. This reminds me of the code in the back of the Dan Brown novel, Digital Fortress. When successfully unscrambled, the code reads

WE ARE WATCHING YOU

. Wierd, huh?

It's past 10:00. Can we call this round yet?