Global Thermonuclear War

I doubt he was joking, though I did entertain the possibility that there is a special role that gets people to outright say they are dictators. I think that's a little far-fetched though, and wouldn't make for a fun or balanced game.

The votes are in:

nfreader : 8 votes
GutlessWonder : 2 votes
Eugene Chin and mrxak : 1 vote apiece.

Now, for what happens next!

It is the end of the second voting period. nfreader _has garnered the most votes and as a quartet of NATO soldiers walk in and take him away, a display of Australia appears on the screen and everyone watches as Australia's cities are subjected to nuclear bombardment. When the last missile falls, the screen darkes and all attention turns to Mack, who is standing in front of his customary podium.

"Good afternoon, gentlemen. As you're aware, we voted to kill nfreader. As you also might be aware, you can see_ Eugene Chin _is not here with us today. His body was discovered in the night in his luxury suite by his guards. As for his country, satellite images," Mack presses a button and Madagascar appears onscreen, "show that the entire island has been reduced to radioactive waste. Our numbers continue to thin, my friends. I implore you to continue searching for the truth, gentlemen. Now you must vote again."

As he wraps up his notes, a shadow appears behind Mack. As mrxak begins to scream in warning, there is a _swish of noise and GutlessWonder falls to the ground, dead. As suddenly as it appears the shadow vanishes, and everyone is left to wonder what has just happened.

Well, there's the proof that I'm not a terrorist.

I'm going to have to dive straight in and lead against mrxak ( retracted due to death of mrxak).

This post has been edited by prophile : 11 November 2007 - 05:41 PM

How do you feel about nuclear power NOW, Mr Howard?!

It seems as if we're missing some information about mrxak's fate.

Mack?

Oh, right, sorry. Taking into account Eugene's power...

As mrxak screams, Eugene Chin's guards appear and shoot him. A few minutes later a message appears on the screen - the USA has been nuked.

I am forced to vote darth_vader ( retracted ).

This post has been edited by prophile : 12 November 2007 - 05:18 PM

Are we aware of the evilness status of the people who died?

It was a farce you ######ups. The idea is that you KNOW I'm lying so you DON'T vote for me.

See? From up here 'on high' I really do get to laugh my rear off.

@nfreader, on Nov 11 2007, 07:44 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

It was a farce you ######ups. The idea is that you KNOW I'm lying so you DON'T vote for me.

We have a lot of noobs this game, and people are jumpy. It was a pretty stupid thing to do in these circumstances.

Edit: Prophile: I didn't want to kill anyone in the first round, nor did I try to kill nfreader this last round. Why are you suspecting me of being a dictator? I could have easily jumped on any of the bandwagons that have come up in order to ensure the death of whoever I wanted, including you in the first round. In fact, if I were a dictator, I would probably have voted for you over Manta, since you're a more experienced player and therefore more dangerous. My actions in defending Eugene Chin among other things show that I'm not afraid of drawing attention to myself. As a dictator, I like to lay low a little more. All in all, nothing I've done shows that I am in any way evil. Furthermore, since I am sure of your innocence, prophile, I won't even be voting against you self-defensively.

This post has been edited by darth_vader : 11 November 2007 - 09:47 PM

@darth_vader, on Nov 11 2007, 09:39 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

We have a lot of noobs this game, and people are jumpy. It was a pretty stupid thing to do in these circumstances.

Camper.

I can die happy knowing that so far I've been proved right in every round of this game. Eugene Chin is now dead, so maybe the innocents will stand a chance, though I'm quite certain two terrorists remain. When my role is revealed, you'll wish Eugene Chin hadn't murdered me.

@nfreader, on Nov 11 2007, 08:42 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Camper.

What's that supposed to mean?

He means you picked up the sniper rifle on the red's left side of Face CTF and then waited for him to spawn on the blue team's right side so you could headshot him half a second afterwards. That, or sit on the flag holding the redeemer.

Hmm, I must admit that I'm at a loss for the moment. I hope that we managed to get one or two dictators, but I have nothing really definite to go on now.

Prophile seems likely to be innocent, but I'm going to hold off on voting for darth_vader until prophile explains his reasoning.

To me, the innocents might lose this game at least partly because of the low amount of participation (at least it seems low to me) of several players. If a dictator is hidden in their midst (as is likely), how will the rest of the innocents ever figure it out?

@selax, on Nov 11 2007, 10:03 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Hmm, I must admit that I'm at a loss for the moment. I hope that we managed to get one or two dictators, but I have nothing really definite to go on now.

Prophile seems likely to be innocent, but I'm going to hold off on voting for darth_vader until prophile explains his reasoning.
To me, the innocents might lose this game at least partly because of the low amount of participation (at least it seems low to me) of several players. If a dictator is hidden in their midst (as is likely), how will the rest of the innocents ever figure it out?

prophile is innocent, do not vote for him. I am also innocent, do not vote for me. I'm going to go through and collate a list of important figures, hopefully that will clear things up a bit.

1st round-tie, followed by SoItBegin's death. An assasination attempt is made on mrxak, which fails. The gameplay of the first round is at first dominated by a strange contest focusing entirely on prophile and manta, and then by a series of PMs sent by SoItBegins. I voted for Gutless in the first round and no one in the tiebreaker.

The second round kicked off with prophile accusing GW and mrxak accuing Eugene Chin. Prophile claimed his vote was "The last request of an ally." I voted for mrxak, and later changed it to GW when I remembered Eugene's power. nfreader make an ill-conceived joke, resulting in his sudden death. He is quickly joined in death by Eugene Chin, who was apparently killed by an assassin role, identity currently unknown, or by nfreader if nfreader had the takedown power (also unknown).GutlessWonder, killed by another assassin, and mrxak, killed by Eugene Chin's spec ops as per his dying orders, also died. I was as surprised as any to see that prophile did not die, but I already knew he was innocent, so no matter. With both Gutless and mrxak dead, I think the odds are good that we have offed at least one dictator, though at this point I am starting to wonder if there are more than two. After all, we have a lot more people this round...

prophile jumped right into accusing me with no backing arguments at the start of the third round, and it looks like there may be a bandwagon building up. I am not too happy about that, but will continue to strive to prove my innocence. nfreader used his dying post to call me a camper. I hope no more people vote for me. That would be most distressing.

Edit 2: a list of current and formers:

1Eevee1 - England-alive-role unknown
Anon - Germany-alive-role unknown
Dark Jet - Italy-alive-role unknown
darth_vader - Kazakhstan-alive- role classified
Eugene Chin - Madagascar- dead by assassination role-Takedown
GutlessWonder - France dead by assassination role- unknown (dictator?)
manta - Russia -alive-role unknown
mrxak - USA- dead by takedown - role unknown (dictator?)
nfreader - Australia- dead by lynching -role unknown (innocent?)
prophile - Mexico-alive- role unknown
RJC Ultra - Iceland alive- role unknown
Selax - Canada alive- role unknown
SoItBegins - China- dead by assassination or nightkill role unknown (IA? innocent?)

This post has been edited by darth_vader : 12 November 2007 - 12:08 AM

I say I'm too tired to sort out this mess right now and I have a few suspisions that I'm forming in my tired mind that are overly likely to be wrong, I will likely now pass out until tomorrow when I'll place my vote after thinking this all over. Until then I bid all of you good night.

I'm sitting this round out , I already have the death of someone on my hands unknown if he was innocent or not.. I'd rather not add to that list till i have some backing for my vote.

-Dark

Edit: bolded "sitting this round out" aka, Abstain

This post has been edited by Dark Jet : 12 November 2007 - 01:36 AM