Global Thermonuclear War

nfreader.

@nfreader, on Nov 10 2007, 11:22 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Fine, I admit it, I'm one of the dictators. I don't see any point in doing this any longer.

Well done, you caught me.

Game over, civilians win.

Congratulations.

... Well.

This is an unexpected twist.

Actually, I didn't forget to bold my vote: I assumed that it was unnecessary because I had already bolded it earlier.

Hmm, this is all very strange. My post will probably be somewhat disorganized, as I'm still trying to sort things out.

I don't know if SoItBegins necessarily had a special role, although Prophile's statement seems to support that idea.

If he did, does him being right about prophile mean that he was right about Manta? Should we now be seeking to remove Manta?

I'm also puzzled why SIB was Night-killed, unless the dictators feared that people would not vote him off next round (which to me looked likely to happen)?

In any case, I don't think that Eugene Chin can be faulted for his reaction to SoItBegins, as mrxak seems to believe. Although SIB was new, it doesn't necessarily follow that you can accept him as an innocent: he may have been a dictator trying to manipulate things. (Later events have lessened the possibility of this but have not completely discredited it.)

At the moment, mrxak looks suspicious to me. He states that killing Eugene Chin would be better for the innocents whether or not he's actually guilty. If Eugene Chin were a dictator, why would he call attention to SIB, only to kill him later anyway? Such an act seems more likely to cast him in an incriminating light. Wouldn't killing him aid the dictators? They would have at least one fewer person to remove and we might very well waste a round. Indeed, if one assumes that both mrxak and Eugene Chin are innocent and that Eugene Chin has a special role, this would remove two enemies for the dictators.

Making such a call hardly seems like something an innocent would do...

On the subject of nfreader, I'm not certain whether his "confession" is a joke or not, so I'm going to hold off on voting for the moment.

nfreader as well. Because I have no idea what's going on. Somebody want to explain?

@nfreader, on Nov 10 2007, 06:22 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Fine, I admit it, I'm one of the dictators. I don't see any point in doing this any longer.

Congratulations.

:blink:

Well I'd vote for you buddy, but I'm sure you'll now get killed anyway, so I'm leaving my vote as Eugene Chin. Might as well with his gun pointed at me.

@selax, on Nov 10 2007, 07:38 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Actually, I didn't forget to bold my vote: I assumed that it was unnecessary because I had already bolded it earlier.
Hmm, this is all very strange. My post will probably be somewhat disorganized, as I'm still trying to sort things out.

I don't know if SoItBegins necessarily had a special role, although Prophile's statement seems to support that idea.

If he did, does him being right about prophile mean that he was right about Manta? Should we now be seeking to remove Manta?

I'm also puzzled why SIB was Night-killed, unless the dictators feared that people would not vote him off next round (which to me looked likely to happen)?

In any case, I don't think that Eugene Chin can be faulted for his reaction to SoItBegins, as mrxak seems to believe. Although SIB was new, it doesn't necessarily follow that you can accept him as an innocent: he may have been a dictator trying to manipulate things. (Later events have lessened the possibility of this but have not completely discredited it.)
At the moment, mrxak looks suspicious to me. He states that killing Eugene Chin would be better for the innocents whether or not he's actually guilty. If Eugene Chin were a dictator, why would he call attention to SIB, only to kill him later anyway? Such an act seems more likely to cast him in an incriminating light. Wouldn't killing him aid the dictators? They would have at least one fewer person to remove and we might very well waste a round. Indeed, if one assumes that both mrxak and Eugene Chin are innocent and that Eugene Chin has a special role, this would remove two enemies for the dictators.

Making such a call hardly seems like something an innocent would do...
On the subject of nfreader, I'm not certain whether his "confession" is a joke or not, so I'm going to hold off on voting for the moment.

Heh! You criticize me for believing SIB about prophile, but then you say you believe prophile now about SIB?

I still believe Manta is guilty of something. Now that nfreader has volunteered that he's one of the bad guys, we should probably kill him first, eh?

I assume that SIB was night killed because Eugene Chin outed him as a suspect for intelligence agent. Why would they wait to kill such a threat? I'm sure the terrorists themselves weren't convinced by Eugene Chin that SIB was a terrorist. That's why if Eugene Chin really is innocent, he should have kept his mouth shut about it. He pointed a huge finger at SIB and prophile, and said "hey bad guys, kill them, first!"

This is the crux of my argument. If Eugene Chin is innocent, well, he's gotten a possible IA killed, apparently jeopardized the guy that can kill somebody independently (like for instance, if we discover who two terrorists are in one round, we can get them both), and now he his compromising his own position as a twofer, and telling the terrorists that they can kill two innocents in one go (remember, the terrorists know that I'm not with them, saying I'm Eugene Chin's target just gives them an opportunity to knock us both out at once). His only opportunity now to stop that from happening is to change his "takedown target" and not tell anybody who it is. The terrorists might be less likely to kill him in the night, if Eugene Chin might possibly be pointing his ability at one of them. As long as he continues this ridiculous white whale hunt, he's going to doom us all. Think about it, he's compromised three special roles, possibly four as well if I'm one of them. That's two per round. Really want him to live until the next round to make it 6? Would killing him now, and by extension me, aid the dictators? Yes. But his continued survival seems to be aiding them a heck of a lot more.

@mrxak, on Nov 10 2007, 08:25 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Heh! You criticize me for believing SIB about prophile, but then you say you believe prophile now about SIB?

To me, statements such as this merely make you look more guilty for the reasons listed below.

Prophile's statement came after the first round. In the first round, you had no real reason to believe SIB at all.

In any case what I actually said was

Nowhere did I say that I believed it for certain.

Night killing SIB puzzles me somewhat because it seems to me that the dictators could have killed someone else and worked to have SIB voted off next round. I guess they figured that prophile might back him up?

I do not think that Eugene Chin can really be faulted for revealing SIB's messages: it was SIB who jeopardized his position by sending the PMs. He got himself killed. Due to this fact, I don't know if one can say that Eugene Chin is revealing all of the special roles.

Besides, if you're convinced that the dictators will kill him, why not let them? The innocents would be better off removing potential dictators than doing their work for them.

@selax, on Nov 10 2007, 10:14 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Nowhere did I say that I believed it for certain.

Night killing SIB puzzles me somewhat because it seems to me that the dictators could have killed someone else and worked to have SIB voted off next round. I guess they figured that prophile might back him up?
I do not think that Eugene Chin can really be faulted for revealing SIB's messages: it was SIB who jeopardized his position by sending the PMs. He got himself killed. Due to this fact, I don't know if one can say that Eugene Chin is revealing all of the special roles.

Besides, if you're convinced that the dictators will kill him, why not let them? The innocents would be better off removing potential dictators than doing their work for them.

Nowhere did I say that I believed SIB for certain. I said I would have taken that information, kept it private, and watched SIB very carefully. I merely attacked Eugene Chin for revealing a private PM that would most certainly get SIB and prophile killed. I don't think SIB should have sent such a PM to begin with, but that's irrelevant. Eugene Chin should never have revealed the PM's content. Since SIB did end up dying, I should think that proves that I was right. No doubt people will now say that I killed SIB and I'm a terrorist, blah blah blah. But SIB thought I was his friend. Why would I, as a terrorist, kill somebody that had no intention of voting against me? If SIB was the IA, he probably would never have investigated me. Perhaps he actually did, and found that I was an innocent? I don't know, but I do know that if I was a terrorist, killing SIB would have been a bad move. I probably would have killed prophile.

As I said, I expect nfreader to be voted off tonight, regardless of what I say to you now. nfreader told everybody that he was a terrorist. I would vote for nfreader, but not as long as I believe Eugene Chin intends to kill me , and take down the rest of the innocents in the process. The terrorists will kill Eugene Chin, and then I will die. It may not happen right away, they may see prophile still as a bigger threat, or believe Eugene Chin poses no threat to them at all and will continue to help them.

nfreader. For obvious reasons.

@nfreader, on Nov 10 2007, 03:22 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Congratulations.

Cant quite tell if its sarcasm or not.. ah well.. Sorry, nfreader

oh.. weren't you the one that had the idea of Spy RPG thing, how goes it?

-Dark

Edit: Gah! i cant spell to save my life!

This post has been edited by Dark Jet : 11 November 2007 - 12:59 AM

WTF. This is the strangest game I have ever played. I'm going to vote for GutlessWonder , because I know nfreader is going to die anyway, and I'm pretty sure Gutless is the other terrorist.

:blink:

This game is insane.

6 votes for nfreader.
2 votes for GutlessWonder
1 vote each for me and Eugene Chin
Selax and 1Eevee1 still haven't voted

@mrxak, on Nov 11 2007, 06:12 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Selax and 1Eevee1 still haven't voted

@1eevee1, on Nov 10 2007, 08:10 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

nfreader as well. Because I have no idea what's going on. Somebody want to explain?

@nfreader, on Nov 10 2007, 11:33 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

GutlessWonder posted some stuff earlier, something along the lines of "you can't stop me" etc. Note the edited line in his last post. He's guilty.

Once Selax votes I'll end this, and you'll all get to see what happens next! 🙂

@mackilroy, on Nov 11 2007, 09:49 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Once Selax votes I'll end this, and you'll all get to see what happens next! 🙂

I await that time eagerly, since as of now I am confused as all hell.

@mrxak, on Nov 11 2007, 04:12 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

<snip>
But SIB thought I was his friend. Why would I, as a terrorist, kill somebody that had no intention of voting against me?
<snip>

<snip from two sentences earlier >
Since SIB did end up dying, I should think that proves that I was right.
<snip>

Since it would make you look Right, that would give you credibility, and help you to sway the Day votes.

You seem to be taking this a whole lot worse than anyone Else is.

You're the Only one arguing that I was flat-out Wrong to do what I did.
And, apparently the only reason I was wrong was that it isn't what You chose to do.

Saying I'm wrong because I got SIB killed is a non sequitur, when you consider how many people he had Already revealed himself to, and the fact he was Still revealing himself to others. Everyone else says he got himself killed, while You're hot on pinning it to me, and me alone.

You have no grounds to say that my actions are wrong simply because they weren't Your actions.
You have no grounds because you are not perfect, mrxak.

For example, if I'm reading your posts correctly, you're still hot on the idea of killing Manta, right?
On what grounds?

As a small side note, suddenly I'm glad I'm out of it. This way, I get to watch from 'on high'. The view's great up here...

(EDIT) ...and I get to laugh my rear off.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 11 November 2007 - 01:18 PM

Eeeehhhhh, mrxak...

What do you mean with your last post?

I'm still suspicious of mrxak, but nfreader's death seems inevitable. I'm not sure whether he's actually guilty or whether he was just joking. Still, to end this round and under the old adage of "better safe than sorry": nfreader.