Global Thermonuclear War

Since we're nearing the end of the game:

There were seven special roles, not including innocents or terrorists.

Ick!

I think because Selax ( Retracted ) is more suspisious than Anon this game, in my opinion, my vote is for him.

This post has been edited by Manta : 15 November 2007 - 05:24 PM

Manta, what about me is suspicious? Making accusations without any evidence seems hasty to me. How am I more suspicious than any of the players that have tried to keep a low profile?

I really do wish that one of you (Anon or Manta) would at least say what makes you suspicious: how am I supposed to respond to an accusation if I can't see the evidence against me?

If it is the positions that I have held, I might note that I am new to this game, and, in the first round, there was no real definite proof against anybody and it was all rather chaotic. In the second round, both of you voted for nfreader, just as I did.

I have no definite way to prove my innocence (at least not unless I'm forgetting something that I posted). All I can do is ask for you to give your case against me and to review my posts again.

darth_vader, I'm inclined to suspect that there might be three dictators.

I'm uncertain who to vote for. I find myself reluctant to force a tie because I think that would benefit the dictators more than the innocents, although I seem to be forced to do so for self-defense. In addition, a tie would throw the deciding vote to darth_vader, who is most likely an innocent and is certainly more trustworthy than Manta or Anon (both of whom it seems to me have tried to keep low profiles).

So, I leave it you, darth_vader, to decide who is guilty: Retracted Anon or myself.

It must come to this... If Selax is evil, he's done a remarkably good job hiding it, especially for a first time player. Not to impugn him, but I doubt that it's skill alone. His posts seem sincere and motives don't seem hidden either. Anon mentioned that he has been busy with weddings and such, which could explain his lying-lowness, but I really don't think that would have prevented him from at least giving brief reasoning, which he never seems to do. This game has been so confusing that I'm not completely convinced of either Selax's or Anon's guilt or innocence, but when it comes down to it, I think Anon is the more suspicious one.

I fully admit that I am guessing who is the dictator and one of your more recent posts just rang a bell to me making it seem that you, Selax was a dictator. My quandry is I believe that RJC ultra, Anon, or you (Selax) could be a dictator. Both Anon and you seemed standoffish to me, even though you praticipated during the game. My vote will stay the same because it appears that either you or Anon will die. My post before was brief because I posted over a break on typing on the english paper I have been working on, though I will try to rember to put my explanation in my posts in the future.

Since it appears that I'll die of a vote this round, I'll just tell you that I am the SDI. I can't prevent my own death this round because I just protected myself last round. I offer as proof....

Posted Image

Innocents, I hope this information helps you, as it almost certainly means I'll die this night.

Well, I don't think anyone would be so pathetic to lie about something like that, so I'll retract my vote for Anon, and go for the other person on my list of potential terrorists, who happens to be Manta (although Anon might protect him this round).

@rjc-ultra, on Nov 15 2007, 03:01 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Well, I don't think anyone would be so pathetic to lie about something like that, so I'll retract my vote for Anon, and go for the other person on my list of potential terrorists, who happens to be Manta (although Anon might protect him this round).

You'd be surprised...

Also, this round will end at approximately 9 CST.

@rjc-ultra, on Nov 15 2007, 05:01 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

My question is why accuse me over selax, why not keep your vote for Anon? While I may be new at playing the game and may have made some mistakes in my accuasations I am innocent. I have been under fire from blind accusations since the start of the game. I demand to know exactly why I am accused. You seem very keen and good at avoiding suspison. I change my vote out of self defense and out of suspision to RJC Ultra.

Hmm, I was hoping that someone more experienced would post with insight on this situation, but I can wait no longer.

Another one of my unorganized posts...

I have not the experience to say whether or not Anon is lying or whether he photoshopped the graphic. If he is the SDI, he has acted very suspiciously this game.

I doubt that RJC Ultra is a dictator. He has said relatively little this game and is suspicious on that count. However, he is new (both to the game and the boards), and I think that that makes him unlikely to be a dictator. In addition, if he is the dictator, why change his vote? He could let Anon get voted off and Night-kill someone else.

Both Manta and Anon have also stayed quiet: Manta has posted more but has tried to keep a low profile. Thus, they have been top on my list of suspicions. If Anon were to be voted off this round, Manta would be my next choice. Manta has abstained at least once or twice, but he could have been trying to lie low and avoid killing fellow dictators.

I find Manta's changed vote suspicious. He states that he suspects me and then he suddenly decides to suspect RJC Ultra more? He states that he is acting in self-defense, but his changed vote breaks the tie and threatens Anon. Self-defense would seem unnecessary: there was a two-way tie and only one vote for him. If he were a dictator, breaking the tie would allow him to remove Anon (who he figures might actually be the SDI) and get to kill someone else. This would be a risk as it might look suspicious and draw attention to him.

I think that darth_vader is most likely innocent and am going to make that assumption.

Here are my thoughts: Manta and Anon are most suspicious. Anon now claims to be the SDI. He may or may not be lying. Manta has changed his vote and condemned the person who agreed with him. I think that this action makes him more suspicious than Anon for the moment. I retract my vote for Anon and suggest killing Manta this round.

If he is not the dictator and Anon is not Night-killed this round, than Anon is most likely a dictator, although I guess a dictator might leave Anon alive just to throw everyone off the track. If both of them die and the game goes on, then one of the three remaining is a dictator.

Everyone gathers in the familiar chamber, one last time.

Mack appears in front of the assembled delegates, and arranges his notes. "Gentlemen. Thank you for appearing here today. I've counted the votes and noted the messages some of you have left me, and now the results:

" Manta won by merely one vote. Had he voted for Selax or Anon, he would have lived, but his choice has been his doom. Guards?" Mack motions to the guards by the doors, who come and take Manta away. As Manta is marched to the door he yells out "Get darth_vader!" to his guards, but as they raise their weapons and fire a bright light appears around darth_vader and the bullets thud into it harmlessly. As the guards stop firing and reload, more guards rush them and disarm, and the light fades, leaving darth_vader looking confused but relieved.

A shot is heard out in the corridor, and a body thumps to the ground. On the screen behind Mack, missiles are seen arcing onto Manta's country, and it is destroyed utterly.

The game is over

"I'm glad to announce that you've all been very helpful in identifying the traitors in my organization. Your efforts will not go unrewarded." Mack again steps away from the podium, but the lights do not fade this time. Instead, they remain focused on him, and the remaining delegates gasp in surprise as he fades into thin air.

Anon shouts, "He was a hologram! Mack has tricked us!" Poison gas begins to flood through the air vents, and within moments everyone in the chamber is lying, dead.

-------

Mack relaxes in a chair next to kickme, his loyal lieutenant. "No one escapes, right, kickme?" kickme nods - he'd been resonsible for installing the poison gas systems, for supplying the weapons needed to steal the Russian subs, and for many other events during the course of the voting. Now he and Mack sat back in looked at the monitors in front of them, aboard Mack's floating base. "That's all of them?" Mack asked. kickme nodded again, and Mack savored the knowledge that he had won.

Now, for other information, non-story related.

There were nine roles, including terrorists and innocents. There were three terrorists, and you killed two of them. The third, Dark Jet, left due to RL. Had he not, I suspect the terrorists would have won this round handily. Some of the other special roles were intelligence agent, SDI, Mercenary (gets to kill one person every three rounds), and Takedown (can take one person down if killed). There were three special roles, including one that would have been very interesting had it gotten to be used, but I will not reveal them to you should it compromise their usefulness for future games.

Congratulations on winning, innocents.

Looks like Manta's going to die. I can't say I'm sorry about essentially sitting this one out in the end. This has been one confusing game.I wonder if Anon decided to protect Manta.

FYI: I was a complete innocent. I was not an IA, or any other special role.

Yea, ya finally got me. I was about to change my vote when I found out that Mackilroy ended the round five lousy sixtyith's of an hour early. I managed to survive your hail of accusations all through the game and I had a very strong suspision that Dark Jet was a terrorist because of our PMs through Mackilroy and how he voted after my suggestions. My general plan was to sow chaos and destruction while handily forgetting to mention Dark Jet so he could kill you if I failed. I will warn all of you that I will play the same general way every game, so when I act in the same manner next game do not immediately accuse me of being a terrorist.

So Who was What?

@soitbegins, on Nov 16 2007, 03:23 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

FYI: I was a complete innocent. I was not an IA, or any other special role.

Your PM to me early in the game was certainly misleading in this regard. That's part of why I turned on you so heavily: I never considered that when you said "Reliable Intel" you meant "cuz prophile told me so" and not what everyone else read it as "I am the I.A., and I investigated him," an impossibility at that stage of the game.

That's not the only thing that was misleading.

The voting bloc SIB formed seemed, to those of us on the outside looking in, like a dictator-heavy bandwagon; when all of those votes began to rapidly pile up against Manta in the first round, I'm not the only one who was looking at that group with suspicion.

Toss in SIB's fishing for targets while trying to protect GutlessWonder, and you have a suspicion-fueled recipe for disaster.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 15 November 2007 - 10:54 PM

Good game and well played, everyone.

Thanks for the congratulations, Mack 🙂 . I must confess to being somewhat disappointed with the ending (no offense intended)...I tend to prefer the rounds where the game moderator is non-visible. I assume that you at least spared Kansas ( 😉 )?

Who was the third dictator by the way?

Manta: actually, during the confusion and chaos of earlier rounds, I had some suspicion about Dark Jet. He was lying low and fit the rest of the criteria that I had for dictators among the first-time group (time on the boards and post count, basically experience: another reason that I suspected you by the way). Granted, this ignored other players, but it's best to be suspicious of everyone anyway.

What I know:

Me - Innocent
Manta - Terrorist
Dark Jet - Terrorist
Anon - Protector
prophile - Mercenary
Eugene Chin - Takedown

I'll let you all guess who the third dictator was. mrxak was the intelligence agent, and Anon was the SDI. As you know, prophile was the mercenary, and for others who aren't him, Eugene Chin was Takedown.

I was an Innocent as well.

I think that nfreader, 1Eevee1, and GutlessWonder are the only ones unaccounted for?