Project Multi Sketch 2

Ok, now I vote split, because I looked at it in the editor, and it's huge! So yeah, we probably should split it. And by the way, how many people are working on this project, is it five? Me, Klubs, Lamkin, Sidepipe, and Silverwind. We could try to not worry about small, because, when I looked at the map, it was a little large πŸ˜„
And Klublex, how big can our areas be? as big as yours? Bigger? Smaller?

-K

@kasofa1, on Dec 20 2008, 07:39 AM, said in Project Multi Sketch 2:

and Klublex, how big can our areas be? as big as yours? Bigger? Smaller?

-K

You can make your 2 areas as big as you like, although if everyone's areas are as big as mine, we may run into some trouble. The bigger the better, in my opinion, though, even if we have to split multiple times. I did not download the level, so Lamkin we'll have to share it with the other participants. I'll get the level when Silverwind's done, so I don't need to see it, although I am very eager to. Once Silverwind has done his area, I'll put a Race Goal at the end.
Just a thought, if everyone agrees on the split, why don't I have Sidepipe start on his Area 5 right now, since it will be in a new level.
Agreed? πŸ™‚

..remember, there are now 8 areas...

Klublex

I agree on the split. I'll get to work!

Why does (the original) Project Multi Sketch have the title Project Multi Sketch II as the title for its topic?...I'm confused. :huh: πŸ™‚

@lamkin, on Dec 21 2008, 09:26 PM, said in Project Multi Sketch 2:

Why does (the original) Project Multi Sketch have the title Project Multi Sketch II as the title for its topic?...I'm confused. :huh: πŸ™‚

It doesn't. This was the original Project Multi Sketch topic: http://www.ambrosias...howtopic=110945

@sidepipe, on Dec 20 2008, 09:15 AM, said in Project Multi Sketch 2:

I agree on the split. I'll get to work!

Great! Remember to leave an open space at the beginning for me to put the transition thing. πŸ˜‰

Oh yes. The original Project Multi Sketch topic. Epic, I must say. Most replies ever. Most views ever. Well, we're getting there. Hey, we have 4 pages already and have not gotten half of the way through yet.

Good luck everyone, and happy holidays!

Klublex

I had such horribly tangled grammar back then. I can hardly read my posts. :rolleyes:

Man, back then, there were so many more SKF players than we have now. Sighs oh well, maybe people will buy it in the game pack. I really hope so!

-K

Finished. πŸ™‚ I think I've weeded out the last of the glitches, but if anyone finds any just let me know and I'll have em fixed before you can say Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

Klubs, any chance of a slightly easier Area 3? Please? Me old SketchFighting skills ain't what they used to be and I can't last 2 minutes in your area without blowin' up. The Demon Flickers scattered about the green places are particularly incredulous to oppose.

Also, I noticed quite a few sprites in area 3 didn't have a name prefix. Since the file is being split I don't think it matters much now, I'm just alerting you to the fact.

EDIT:

I don't mean to pick knits but I've found another source of annoyance in Area 3. There's no indication as to what the green switch (the one activated by the red gun) actually does, and because the object it activates isn't actually a door there's absolutely no hint as to where you should go after activating it. Similarly, the big bug boss deactivates something, but there's no hint as to what.

I implore you to amend these things Klublex, as I just can't spend hours on a level when I'm still getting nowhere.

This post has been edited by Silverwind : 23 December 2008 - 08:36 AM

@silverwind, on Dec 23 2008, 03:00 AM, said in Project Multi Sketch 2:

Finished. πŸ™‚ I think I've weeded out the last of the glitches, but if anyone finds any just let me know and I'll have em fixed before you can say Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

Klubs, any chance of a slightly easier Area 3? Please? Me old SketchFighting skills ain't what they used to be and I can't last 2 minutes in your area without blowin' up. The Demon Flickers scattered about the green places are particularly incredulous to oppose.

Also, I noticed quite a few sprites in area 3 didn't have a name prefix. Since the file is being split I don't think it matters much now, I'm just alerting you to the fact.

EDIT:

I don't mean to pick knits but I've found another source of annoyance in Area 3. There's no indication as to what the green switch (the one activated by the red gun) actually does, and because the object it activates isn't actually a door there's absolutely no hint as to where you should go after activating it. Similarly, the big bug boss deactivates something, but there's no hint as to what.

I implore you to amend these things Klublex, as I just can't spend hours on a level when I'm still getting nowhere.

I agree that my area is probably too hard, as of it took two weeks for me to just finish final-beta testing it. I will see what I can do to make it easier without messing up everyone else's area. While I am working on that, Sidepipe, you can get started on a new level Area 5. Note that you start out with homing, yellow, red, and blue guns, super beam, and super pellets. About the prefixes, I'm very sorry for that. As I was editing, I often forgot to put the 3 in front of my switches and parent-child links. I tried to go back through the level and fix whatever I found, but I obviously missed a lot. 😞 I think it will be okay, though because no one else in the first 4 areas made my mistake. The green/red switch and bugboss are meant to activate something unknown. The idea is that then you have to explore a lot more. I can see what you're saying, though, Silverwind.

Good luck everyone and the thanks for the input Silver!

Klublex

P.S. What do you guys think of making an easy and hard version. I could leave my area the way it is for the hard version, and we could add Shield 1 and extra save spots for the easy version, plus I could delete a lot of my demon flickers. :mellow: Just a thought...

β€’ Klublex, I really liked the challenge of the "demon flickers" in area 3, but I'm thinking that most people would have a pretty difficult time getting past all of themβ€”it even took me about a dozen times to get through. (Am I bragging?) πŸ˜‰
β€’ Also, I got stuck afterwards and had no idea that you could hit a green switch with a red gun. Perhaps giving the player some kind of hint would be a good idea.
β€’ I'm thinking of expanding (i.e., doubling) area 1 once I get the whole thing back. πŸ™‚
β€’ Easy and hard versions are okay with me...

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 08 March 2010 - 04:39 PM

Wow, there are 92 posts in this topic. And Klublex, I have decided not to try to play your level, but only because I want to save it for when the whole thing comes out and because it will pwn my computer to the ground. So I have no idea at all about what anything in your Area. Except for the boss. But that was in the editor.

-K

Lamkin, I'm thinking it would be a good idea to give a hint about the green switch, especially since there are three of them in my area. I'll try to fix that. Doubling your area would be fine, but remember that you can you have Area 6 to do, and you could include it in that area.

Silverwind, your area looks great! Here are the only mistakes (I think) I found:

Yellow-painted Giant Bug is destroyed by the blue gun.

Turret Mover is not linked to "Techno Stuff" and so it does not move with it.

Otherwise, awesome!

I'll email everyone the final Project Multi Sketch 2 Part 1 for final-beta testing as soon as I can.
Sidepipe, Kasofa1, I still don't have you're email. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do the tricky link thing like Silver, so I'm gonna need your email.

(I'm at my grandma and grampa's house for Christmas and they have off-and-on internet. <_<)

Keep working Sidepipe!

Klublex

This post has been edited by Klublex : 24 December 2008 - 11:24 AM

@klublex, on Dec 24 2008, 04:07 PM, said in Project Multi Sketch 2:

Yellow-painted Giant Bug is destroyed by the blue gun.

Ooops... I forgot to give it an E2 of 1, so any gun can destroy it. πŸ˜› Fixed.

@klublex, on Dec 24 2008, 04:07 PM, said in Project Multi Sketch 2:

Turret Mover is not linked to "Techno Stuff" and so it does not move with it.

Fixed. (don't know how that one slipped by me)

Do you want me to PM you the fixed file or have you already amended the changes in your own?

Happy holidays everyone!

-K

I'm gonna be on vacation, so I won't get my area done until the week after next.

@sidepipe, on Dec 27 2008, 10:09 AM, said in Project Multi Sketch 2:

I'm gonna be on vacation, so I won't get my area done until the week after next.

Sounds fine, Sidepipe. If it's okay with you, Silver, I'll fix those two spots. (just because Lamkin is adding to his area, and so your fixed copy won't be the final product)

Thanks, everyone!
πŸ™‚ Klublex

@klublex, on Dec 27 2008, 07:22 PM, said in Project Multi Sketch 2:

Sounds fine, Sidepipe. If it's okay with you, Silver, I'll fix those two spots. (just because Lamkin is adding to his area, and so your fixed copy won't be the final product)

Thanks, everyone!
πŸ™‚ Klublex

Cool cool. πŸ™‚

Happy New Year! wow, it's 2009 already? I hope everyone had a happy holidays!

-K

Sidepipe, oh Sidepipe! Where are you? How is your area going?

Sorry I haven't been posting all that much recently, I'm still working on making an "easy version" for PMS2 Part 1, and I'll email it to you all when I'm finished. Thanks!

Klublex