Project Multi Sketch 2

@lamkin, on Dec 6 2008, 10:24 PM, said in Project Multi Sketch 2:

I wouldn't mind doing another area, but I don't do bosses very well, so I'd ask you to take that into consideration.
As for the problem with the size, we could always e-mail the level back and forth. If anyone has a problem with that, they could always create a new Gmail account strictly for the purpose of sharing the level.
I had initially thought that there was also a 100k limit to the levels we could upload to the addons page, but you have Aventure Challenge up there, so when we're done with Mini Multi-Sketch we can simply upload it there...
🙂

Thanks for the feedback, Lamkin. Email sounds like a good idea, but if anyone is opposed to that, just tell me.
If anyone doesn't want to do 2 areas, that's fine, just tell me, but, if not, here is my plan for the following areas:

Area 1: Lamkin - red gun
Area 2: Kasofa1 - mini boss and super beam
Area 3: Klublex - blue gun and super pellets
Area 4: Silverwind - homing
Area 5: Sidepipe - nothing
Area 6: Lamkin - green gun
Area 7: Kasofa1 - nothing
Area 8: Sidepipe (just a boss) - End Boss

Hope this works out for everyone, just tell me if it doesn't or if there's something you'd like to change around.

Thanks for your patience, I'll email this to Silverwind as soon as I get his okay and email address. 🙂

Klublex

This post has been edited by Klublex : 11 December 2008 - 07:56 PM

Excellent. Green gun. Just let me know when you want me to work on it...I'll try to think of some ideas for that area in the meantime.

And I have an idea for area 7...
Klublex, will I be able to use stars?
I just wanted to know if that would mess up anything, because I will need to use stars. If I can't, I will cheat and use pickups that look like stars. 😛

-K

Sorry for the inactivity...
I can only work on weekends, so could I have 2 weeks if I need them? (for A9 and A10)

This post has been edited by Sidepipe : 08 December 2008 - 08:16 AM

@sidepipe, on Dec 8 2008, 05:15 AM, said in Project Multi Sketch 2:

Sorry for the inactivity...
I can only work on weekends, so could I have 2 weeks if I need them? (for A9 and A10)

Yep. Sure. No problem. (you saw how long I took 😊)

stars
Kasofa1, do you mean the black paper and multicolored dots? Sure, no problem with that, just so long as you don't make it layer 1.

All right, just waiting for Silverwind's email address...

Hey, you guys, if you're comfortable with that idea, would you please post your email address on here, or you can PM it to me. 🙂 Thanks!
My email is tmeinzen@4j.lane.edu (it's a school email address)

Thanks!
Klublex

I mean stars as in the star shaped pickups.
If you do not want me using those, then I will use something else.

-K

Sure, star shaped pickups are fine. Because the quest is Race to the Goal, you can use as many stars as you'd like. 🙂

2 polls:

Should we split the map into two parts between areas 5 & 6?

Yes (1) votes.

No (2) votes.

What music should we have?

Wasteland (1) votes
Volcano (0) votes
Ice Caves (0) votes
Forest (1) votes
Main Menu (0) votes
Boss (0) votes

Please vote by just telling me in further posts!

Thanks, you guys!

Klublex

...calling all Silverwinds.... 😉

This post has been edited by Klublex : 09 December 2008 - 07:56 PM

I'm not really in favor of splitting up the map, as I think it would be kind of cool to see how big (spatially as opposed to bytes) the whole level could get. 🙂
And, I rarely play with the music on, so I'm not too familiar with the different tracks.

PS Silverwind should get back to you eventually.

One whole map would be fun, so no split!
I don't really know what music we should have, but I think we should use the wasteland track, because it will be to hard to really choose a single one.

-K

EDIT: I'm tied with Lamkin on # of posts!

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 09 December 2008 - 03:46 PM

Thanks for keeping up. Looks like everything's going well, do you all mind waiting, or should I PM Silverwind? Looks like it's going to go no split, that'll be fine. My only reason for voting split was because of (1) the size (112K...) and (2) in case some sketchfighter player couldn't complete the hard areas and that would give the chance to explore the second half of areas. (my area is pretty tough, I'm afraid 😞 )
I'll PM Mackilroy and make sure that there is no limit to the level size on the addons page.

🙂 Klublex

I can tell you 112k is nowhere near the size limit of the addons page. 🙂 'Sides, one of the addons is 200kb. That leaves room and to spare.

I'm here. I'd rather do just 1 area if that's ok. My email's dropsilveraline@yahoo.co.uk

This post has been edited by Silverwind : 11 December 2008 - 04:47 AM

Thanks, Silverwind. I'll switch around the areas, so Sidepipe is back to just doing 2. Alright, I'll Email you the level.
Also, another vote type thing. Considering the fact that now we have 8 areas and it's already pretty large, I think that "Project Minisketch" is no longer suitable. Any suggestions for other names?
Thanks, Everyone!

Klublex

(Edit: Please refer to the post on page 2 for information about the 2 polls and who's doing what area.)

This post has been edited by Klublex : 11 December 2008 - 08:02 PM

We could make this project Multi-Sketch II.
or Group Adventure, or something else like that.

-K

Might I enquire as to which Extra 2 values I can use? Half a dozen or so would be most appreciated. 🙂

Ooh, sorry about that. I completely forgot about the Extra-2 links. With discoveries of basically unlimited Extra2's, I would say you can have 1080+. When you are done with your area, I'll check to see what Extra2 you went up to, and tell that to Sidepipe. Preferably, I would have you start with 1080 and then go up, instead of choosing random ones everywhere.

Thanks and sorry!
Klublex 🙂

Thanks Klubs, I'll have this area finished in no time. Shukuten!

Just wondering (as I haven't played through the whole map yet (Klubs' area is hard! )) but auto-background tiles won't ruin any secret you guys have made, will it?

Nope, there is nothing in my area that it will mess up.
Thanks for asking!

-K

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 16 December 2008 - 11:37 AM

No problem, but keep in mind that the Auto Background will be plain paper rotation 0 in the end, so if you put anything else that is Ex2-999 or Layer 1, it will be replaced. Thanks for asking!

Klublex