Interesting boss fight challenge!

Actually, I'd meant to say that I couldn't get to the shield upgrade. Sorry about that, but thanks anyway for your help. 🙂

Edit: Never mind. I guess you can't get to it until after you're looking at the credits. Ha ha. :mad:
Anyway, I finished it with a time that I'd rather not mention. Let's just say that I didn't have good luck with the blobs, and it took me a while to realize that the beam gun works better on those things (at close range, that is) than do the pellets.

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 04 July 2009 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE (Odie @ Jul 3 2009, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Double post!!! Well, I just played through it again, and beat it. My time was 1:12:52.

Aargh! And here I thought it was practically impossible!

Klublex 😛

QUOTE (Odie @ Jul 3 2009, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I just played through it again, and beat it. My time was 1:12:52.

Now, I know that the game itself displays the time in minutes and seconds only (i.e., no hours), so if your time was truly one hour, twelve minutes, and 52 seconds (as opposed to 112 minutes and 52 seconds), then I...salute and congratulate you, sir. Wow. 😮 🙂

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 04 July 2009 - 01:07 PM

Yes, I really did beat it in 1 hour 12 minutes and 52 seconds.

Ooooor, you could say that I beat it in 72 minutes and 52 seconds 😉

This post has been edited by Odie : 04 July 2009 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (Lamkin @ Jul 4 2009, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now, I know that the game itself displays the time in minutes and seconds only (i.e., no hours), so if your time was truly one hour, twelve minutes, and 52 seconds (as opposed to 112 minutes and 52 seconds), then I...salute and congratulate you, sir. Wow. 😮 🙂

Oh. Darn. I guess I beat it in 157 minutes then. <_<

Klublex

:mellow: 🙂 😄

Wait, after skimming through the original Temple of the Pen thread, Silverwind mentions a well hidden shield upgrade (other than the one found after the "credits").

Edit: Aha! I found it. I'm assuming that Odie also dug for and found that very same upgrade, as it's insanely hard to finish Ninja's level without it. (I think I may be the only one who did. Correct me if I'm wrong.)
Anyway, my new time is 1:29:50. Also, my apologies in that that is how the time is shown when you complete a "quest."
And, still kudos to Odie for his excellent time.
🙂

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 10 July 2009 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (Lamkin @ Jul 4 2009, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wait, after skimming through the original Temple of the Pen thread, Silverwind mentions a well hidden shield upgrade (other than the one found after the "credits").

Edit: Aha! I found it. I'm assuming that Odie also dug for and found that very same upgrade, as it's insanely hard to finish ninja's level without it. (I think I may be the only one who did. Correct me if I'm wrong.)
Anyway, my new time is 1:29:50. Also, my apologies in that that is how the time is shown when you complete a "quest."
🙂

Oh good! Now I've beaten the level in 1:57 without the awesome hidden shield. I'll look for it in the editor. By the way, is the wave upgrade? (I did find that one) 😊

Well, anyone, Goodbye everyone for 3 weeks! I'm leaving the house in about 10 minutes, so, maybe I'll find somewhere with computer access along the trip. Anyway, bye all!

Klublex

QUOTE (Lamkin @ Jul 5 2009, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edit: Aha! I found it. I'm assuming that Odie also dug for and found that very same upgrade, as it's insanely hard to finish ninja's level without it. (I think I may be the only one who did. Correct me if I'm wrong.)
🙂

I did use the shield this time around. I didn't use anything else, and I didn't the first time where I got stuck.

QUOTE (Klublex @ Jul 5 2009, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh good! Now I've beaten the level in 1:57 without the awesome hidden shield. I'll look for it in the editor. By the way, is the wave upgrade? (I did find that one) 😊

Well, anyone, Goodbye everyone for 3 weeks! I'm leaving the house in about 10 minutes, so, maybe I'll find somewhere with computer access along the trip. Anyway, bye all!

Klublex

Congrats! You're special! No, I didn't use the wave upgrade. Have a nice trip!

QUOTE (Klublex @ Jul 5 2009, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh good! Now I've beaten the level in 1:57 without the awesome hidden shield.

Actually, I'd figured that was most likely the reason why your time was so high. 😉

:rolleyes: Just a leeeeeeeetle off topic here guys.
😛 Just a leeetle

-K

QUOTE (Kasofa1 @ Jul 5 2009, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rolleyes: Just a leeeeeeeetle off topic here guys.
😛 Just a leeetle

-K

Sorry about that. I was going to stick the last couple of my posts in Ninja's original thread, but I got lazy after figuring that the, um, low number of active members on our forum wouldn't mind so much.
It won't happen again.
😉 🙂
Edit: Okay, maybe one more time. (See below.) 😛

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 30 July 2009 - 02:06 AM

Well, has anyone actually made a new boss level for me?
NO?!!!?
Oh well. I guess I won't work on my newer level.
Sigh

-K

I already did! Make that level please! 😛

Well, I meant like after that post... 😛
Ok, fine, I'll find time to work on a level
(Expect the unexpected, including stuff that goes boom and has wings)

-K

Cool! 😄

QUOTE (Odie @ Jul 3 2009, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I just played through it again, and beat it. My time was 1:12:52.

Sorry to go off-topic again , but my new best time for Ninja's level is 1 hour and 18...seconds. Ha! 🙂

Oh my goodness lamkin. WHY!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

Why? I dunno...I was bored? I think it's safe to say that nobody's going to beat that time. (Somehow I managed not to explode even once.)

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 31 July 2009 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (Odie @ Jul 30 2009, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh my goodness lamkin. WHY!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

I think Odie's just angry that his awesome time was beaten... 😛
Great job, Lamkin! Personally, though, I'll stick with 1:57 and some time on my hands. 😉

Klublex