Interesting boss fight challenge!

Speaking of times, I beat your Extreme Lava Boss (with health bar) in 8 seconds first try... Go in... shoot... Boom!
😛

Klublex

I'm thinking I need to take away that wave gun <_< DON'T USE IT!

Sorry about the space inbetween the turrets. I didn't notice it. My new best time is 42 seconds. Klublex, I havn't bothered to time myself on the lava boss.

EDIT:

Is anyone going to post a new boss?

This post has been edited by Odie : 18 April 2009 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (Odie @ Apr 16 2009, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm thinking I need to take away that wave gun <_< DON'T USE IT!

Sorry about the space inbetween the turrets. I didn't notice it. My new best time is 42 seconds. Klublex, I havn't bothered to time myself on the lava boss.

EDIT:

Is anyone going to post a new boss?

I am. Trying... to keep up... with Odie's... number of Bosses.... 😮

One of my all time great Bosses, I must say it has some pretty cool script use. Good luck, and ask me if you have any questions. 🙂 My time is 1:17, so far.

Klublex
Attached File Poisonous_Flower_Boss.zip (5.11K)
Number of downloads: 4

It took 1 minute 4 seconds and 6 tries. The thing scared me when I first saw it! Very interesting boss. The electrodes were a good touch. How did you get the green ink puddles to move like that?

EDIT:

I think I'll make another boss. Please tell me what you think of this one:)

EDIT2:

Have a boss:) It is beatable, and my time is 1 minute 21 seconds.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Odie : 20 April 2009 - 08:30 PM

I beat the flower in 1:37, but I didn't beat the Dragonfly.
you guys play more than I do 😞

-K

Not lately. The secret to beating the dragonfly boss is too take out the invincible dragonflys FIRST.

1:01 (using the super homing gun) for the Ice Boss level. I've really got to remember to check for the availability of other guns when I play. 😉

Let's give this new one a shot.

Edit: 2:26 for the Dragonfly boss. (Nice boss, Odie.)

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 21 April 2009 - 12:00 AM

Yeah, thats what I did, i shot the Cores to kill the flickers but the skull turrets killed me.

-K

QUOTE (Lamkin @ Apr 21 2009, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1:01 (using the super homing gun) for the Ice Boss level. I've really got to remember to check for the availability of other guns when I play. 😉

Let's give this new one a shot.

Edit: 2:26 for the Dragonfly boss. (Nice boss, Odie.)

Let me go dig up my time. I've forgotten it:) BTW, were the framerates good?

EDIT: My time is 1:05 seconds. Like I said, there is a trick for killing the boss almost instantly.
Also, the homing gun is pretty important for killing the boss:)

QUOTE (Kasofa1 @ Apr 21 2009, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, thats what I did, i shot the Cores to kill the flickers but the skull turrets killed me.

-K

Ignore the skull turrets.

This post has been edited by Odie : 21 April 2009 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (Odie @ Apr 21 2009, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BTW, were the framerates good?

The frame rates were excellent.
And, I somehow managed to (just barely) destroy both of the skull turrets.

The point is that you don't have to:)

Are you going to ever post a level?

QUOTE (Odie @ Apr 21 2009, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The point is that you don't have to:)

Are you going to ever post a level?

Yes, I realize that your point was that you don't have to. 😛

I'm not that good at making bosses, so it's doubtful I'd post that kind of a level. My one attempt at creating my own boss (in The Flying Pig ) didn't go over so well. 😞

Why's that, Lamkin?

It killed our computers. 😄

-K

QUOTE (Mackilroy @ Apr 21 2009, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why's that, Lamkin?

Ah, my dear Dr. Strangelove! Well, I guess that's mostly just my own opinion then, as it's not a very challenging boss.

QUOTE (Kasofa1 @ Apr 21 2009, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It killed our computers. 😄

There's also that. 🙂

Attached is an updated version that I'd worked on today. To be honest, I'd originally created the boss just to be silly and make people laugh. 😉
And here's a screenshot...

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 22 April 2009 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (Odie @ Apr 20 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It took 1 minute 4 seconds and 6 tries. The thing scared me when I first saw it! Very interesting boss. The electrodes were a good touch. How did you get the green ink puddles to move like that?

EDIT:

I think I'll make another boss. Please tell me what you think of this one:)

EDIT2:

Have a boss:) It is beatable, and my time is 1 minute 21 seconds.

Great dragonfly boss, my time is 56 seconds. 🙂 The green ink splotches, I must say, are a trick I learned a long time ago, they only work with that certain linking of scripts. The script Pusher when put to a non-solid or solid (not enemy) sprite goes "pause-forward...pause-forward" (Basically what a Pusher does excepts it turns in the pauses.) Anyway, the script "Boss3", has a spin of 0.287 seconds rotation, which is the the right amount so that the first forward pushes the ink blob away, so does the second, and the third, but then the fourth pushes it back in, so does the fifth, and the sixth, and the cycle is renewed. This makes the ink blobs, even with a script that makes them go one direction forever, stay within range of the Boss. When many blobs do this in a circle, it creates a pulsing illusion. Pretty cool, huh? 🙂 Love your flying pig, Lamkin.

Klublex

QUOTE (Klublex @ Apr 22 2009, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great dragonfly boss, my time is 56 seconds. 🙂 The green ink splotches, I must say, are a trick I learned a long time ago, they only work with that certain linking of scripts. The script Pusher when put to a non-solid or solid (not enemy) sprite goes "pause-forward...pause-forward" (Basically what a Pusher does excepts it turns in the pauses.) Anyway, the script "Boss3", has a spin of 0.287 seconds rotation, which is the the right amount so that the first forward pushes the ink blob away, so does the second, and the third, but then the fourth pushes it back in, so does the fifth, and the sixth, and the cycle is renewed. This makes the ink blobs, even with a script that makes them go one direction forever, stay within range of the Boss. When many blobs do this in a circle, it creates a pulsing illusion. Pretty cool, huh? 🙂 Love your flying pig, Lamkin.

Klublex

My brain hurts now. Lamkin, I like your boss:)
Klublex, my new time is 50 seconds.
Should I make another level, or have I made enough for the challange?

It's different!
The original was really weird, because it moved like a normal boss.

-K

PS: lol, tried to type 'norman' for 'normal' 😄

What with all the level's I don't think it needs a poll. Unless of course, you decide to beat me to a crisp with chicken fingers, in that case I will.

-K

Hello? Poll anyone? no? Hello?

-K

Hi again. I wasn't sure how to respond to your last post because it didn't make sense to me :blink: Also, I haven't had time to finish my next boss level:( so not much to post.