Interesting boss fight challenge!

QUOTE (Odie @ Apr 9 2009, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you notice you have a super beam?

๐Ÿ˜Š Er...nope, but switching to the super beam causes way too much of a slowdown for me.

For the other boss, I'd figured out where to aim, but I hadn't seen a way to shoot the shield protecting the crab head. Howeverโ€”and it seems to be a pattern with meโ€”I hadn't noticed I'd had the wave gun. Unfortunately, using the wave gun caused too much of a slowdown for that boss.
I think the solution here is for me to get a more powerful computer (eventually).
Again, thanks for your efforts, Odie.
๐Ÿ™‚

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 09 April 2009 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (Lamkin @ Apr 9 2009, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

๐Ÿ˜Š Er...nope, but switching to the super beam causes way too much of a slowdown for me.

For the other boss, I'd figured out where to aim, but I hadn't seen a way to shoot the shield protecting the crab head. Howeverโ€”and it seems to be a pattern with meโ€”I hadn't noticed I'd had the wave gun. Unfortunately, using the wave gun caused too much of a slowdown for that boss.
I think the solution here is for me to get a more powerful computer (eventually).
Again, thanks for your efforts, Odie.
๐Ÿ™‚

Urk. Well, it does sound like you need a better computer. The forest boss doesn't sound solvable, but the crab boss is a puzzle ๐Ÿ˜‰ you don't need the wave gun.

Hey Odie, if you see this post, go up to the top of the window where it say "support" and there are 5 other options. Click on "games" and find Sketchfighter 4000 Alpha. Click on it, and you get to the main site. If you go on the main site to "Add-ons Files" and go in order by name, the first one you should find is "Adventure Challenge". That's my epic, or biggest all-time great custom level. ๐Ÿ™‚ Download and enjoy! There is also a lot of other cool levels too, and if you click "submit a file", you put one of your own on there!

Enjoy,
Klublex

QUOTE (Klublex @ Apr 10 2009, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Odie, if you see this post, go up to the top of the window where it say "support" and there are 5 other options. Click on "games" and find Sketchfighter 4000 Alpha. Click on it, and you get to the main site. If you go on the main site to "Add-ons Files" and go in order by name, the first one you should find is "Adventure Challenge". That's my epic, or biggest all-time great custom level. ๐Ÿ™‚ Download and enjoy! There is also a lot of other cool levels too, and if you click "submit a file", you put one of your own on there!

Enjoy,
Klublex

I've allready tried it. Gave up on it:) Didn't have an hour of my life to sacrifice. I did learn some interesting things about the extra 1 and 2 values though (I hope you don't mind. I didn't modify anything in the level, just looked at the values and scripts).

Oh also, my first two levels (yes they are both boss fights) are there. I put them up before I joined the board. I think they are still first in the date list:)

EDIT: Okay, I'll try it again:)

This post has been edited by Odie : 10 April 2009 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (Odie @ Apr 10 2009, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did learn some interesting things about the extra 1 and 2 values though (I hope you don't mind. I didn't modify anything in the level, just looked at the values and scripts).

Oh also, my first two levels (yes they are both boss fights) are there. I put them up before I joined the board. I think they are still first in the date list:)

EDIT: Okay, I'll try it again:)

Good for you, and sorry I didn't see them there. I haven't been checking that site very much recently due to lack in time and lack in new levels. (Notice when the last one was posted before yours! :rolleyes: )

Also, I'm glad to hear you got something out of Adventure Challenge. And feel free to change things in the level with the editor to make it possible for you to complete or help you get into a new spot...I remember when I first joined the web board a bit over a year ago and how I always had to change the health on Silverwind's bosses. <_< :laugh: )

Sidepipe, oh Sidepipe! Don't desert the PMS2 team at a moment like this! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ So close... So close! Come back!

Klublex

Ok, Kasofa, here is my 2nd entry. ๐Ÿ™‚ (Much more time put into this one) Good luck!

Sorry, Lamkin, but I think the frame rates will be too slow for you to do this one... ๐Ÿ˜ž but you can try it!

Klublex

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Klublex : 11 April 2009 - 10:28 AM

clicks on download

Hey Kublex, I have a question about adventure challange. I cannot get into spider land. I cannot hit the switch next to the word 'BEAM'.

EDIT:

I give up on your boss. I cannot figure out how to get to the boss, and for some reason, my computer has trouble with your level. It will suddenly untexture a square of background, or make a couple walls disapear.

This post has been edited by Odie : 11 April 2009 - 06:36 PM

That sounds interesting, never heard/seen that one before, Odie. And Klubs, I have found that when you make a solid sprite into a boss, sometimes it will go crazy and exaggerate to script's movements.
I played your level Klubs, but I would recommend a playthrough, because I can't get to the place with the boss.

-K

EDIT: The problem described above could stem from naming a non-enemy sprite 'Boss,' not from making it an enemy. This also might mean that the object needs to be enemy to be called 'Boss,' otherwise it will really screw up the script's usual actions.

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 12 April 2009 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (Kasofa1 @ Apr 11 2009, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That sounds interesting, never heard/seen that one before, Odie. And Klubs, I have found that when you make a solid sprite into a boss, sometimes it will go crazy and exaggerate to script's movements.
I played your level Klubs, but I would recommend a playthrough, because I can't get to the place with the boss.

-K

EDIT: The problem described above could stem from naming a non-enemy sprite 'Boss,' not from making it an enemy. This also might mean that the object needs to be enemy to be called 'Boss,' otherwise it will really screw up the script's usual actions.

Err..... Which problem? I mentioned two ๐Ÿ™‚

Klublex's ๐Ÿ˜„ Post 33
And Odie, I do not know how to fix either problem in Adventure Challange or with the boss.
I recommend talking to Klubs about the boss fight, and checking the level in the editor for Adventure Challange.

-K

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 12 April 2009 - 03:41 PM

The thing is, I allready checked it in the editor. It looks like a super beam upgrade, turned into an enemy, and set to layer 10. I don't seem to be able to kill it.

QUOTE (Kasofa1 @ Apr 11 2009, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-K

I'm sorry to hear that your guys's computers are having problems with the level, the solid-state Boss actually does (on my computer) a very cool, almost completely new script somewhat related to the pusher script. Changing the Boss to solid was actually how managed to fix the glitch. Strange, I know. :blink: As for the playthrough, trust me, Kasofa, I do tons of those. I did 12 playthroughs to to try to fix the glitch, each time changing one variable. Anyway, the Boss works fine for me, and in the start you are locked in a moving box and must shoot the wall in front of you to break it open. Also, watch out for the "Skull Tank"! Once you unlock the box, you also unlocked the Beast's chamber, but the Beast is temporarily invincible. He has invisible indestructible shields that are destroyed by exploding the 4 colored spinnermines. The spinnermine shields come off when you hit the mines on corners of the room. It's complicated. Good luck, and if you still can't beat it, I'll try to change something. I'm sorry, Odie, that it glitches on your computer. How was I supposed to know that? ๐Ÿ˜‰

My fingers are tired...

Odie, in adventure challenge, you can only hit the switch if you use the super beam gun. (Hence the "BEAM", by the wall) Find it by shooting a tree with the red gun. You should be able to figure out which tree... If not, I guess I can tell you...

Klublex

QUOTE (Klublex @ Apr 13 2009, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sorry to hear that your guys's computers are having problems with the level, the solid-state Boss actually does (on my computer) a very cool, almost completely new script somewhat related to the pusher script. Changing the Boss to solid was actually how managed to fix the glitch. Strange, I know. :blink: As for the playthrough, trust me, Kasofa, I do tons of those. I did 12 playthroughs to to try to fix the glitch, each time changing one variable. Anyway, the Boss works fine for me, and in the start you are locked in a moving box and must shoot the wall in front of you to break it open. Also, watch out for the "Skull Tank"! Once you unlock the box, you also unlocked the Beast's chamber, but the Beast is temporarily invincible. He has invisible indestructible shields that are destroyed by exploding the 4 colored spinnermines. The spinnermine shields come off when you hit the mines on corners of the room. It's complicated. Good luck, and if you still can't beat it, I'll try to change something. I'm sorry, Odie, that it glitches on your computer. How was I supposed to know that? ๐Ÿ˜‰

My fingers are tired...

Odie, in adventure challenge, you can only hit the switch if you use the super beam gun. (Hence the "BEAM", by the wall) Find it by shooting a tree with the red gun. You should be able to figure out which tree... If not, I guess I can tell you...

Klublex

Oh. I'll try that:) Also, I can't hurt the wall in your boss level. I have one where I have to destroy a section of "slang" with 400 health to make the box free me.

EDIT: I think I'm going to make another boss.

This post has been edited by Odie : 13 April 2009 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (Odie @ Apr 13 2009, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh. I'll try that:) Also, I can't hurt the wall in your boss level. I have one where I have to destroy a section of "slang" with 400 health to make the box free me.

EDIT: I think I'm going to make another boss.

Mwa-ha-ha! Oh yes you can hurt the wall. It's a trick called "invisibility"! ๐Ÿ†’ Ok, to be simple what you have to do is destroy the invisible wall that is linked to the whole block. It doesn't look like you are hurting it, though. Sounds great that you're making another Boss!

Klublex

Ok, so I get out of the box, where you havr to kill a slang with 400 health, and then there is a chuck of wall covering the hole into the boss's cage. The strange thing is, the front wall, I can just drive through it, and then when I get to the other side of the wall, it kills me ('it' being the wall,) and so gives me the impression that you did something wrong. No offense intended.
That might not have made sense, if it didn't, please tell me, and I will try to explain it better

-K

QUOTE (Kasofa1 @ Apr 14 2009, 06:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, so I get out of the box, where you havr to kill a slang with 400 health, and then there is a chuck of wall covering the hole into the boss's cage. The strange thing is, the front wall, I can just drive through it, and then when I get to the other side of the wall, it kills me ('it' being the wall,) and so gives me the impression that you did something wrong. No offense intended.
That might not have made sense, if it didn't, please tell me, and I will try to explain it better

-K

No offense taken, ok, the slang is not how you escape the box. You shoot the three wasteland walls in front of you. What you are actually shooting is one big invisible wall with 2000 health. Once that is blown up, the force field disappears and you can escape. Also the blocker to the boss chamber has been destroyed, thus freeing the Beast. The slang is simply for when you have already escaped and want to get the big box out of the way. Here is an updated version to show you that you don't need the slang to open the box. (The slang has been moved out of box shooting range)

Good luck,
Klublex

Attached File(s)

Here you all go! My next level, and in my opinion, the most interesting to look at, and the most frustrating. If you can't seem to beat it, try exploring. You might find something.

Attached File(s)

QUOTE (Odie @ Apr 15 2009, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here you all go! My next level, and in my opinion, the most interesting to look at, and the most frustrating.

The "most frustrating"? Nope, but it was a very nice level which wasn't easy either. The trick for me was to get that cutie A.S.A.P. I was able to finish it in two minutes and twenty-six seconds. ๐Ÿ˜›
PS I can fly backwards even better than forwards, so that helped me out a bit with the ice missiles. (Am I bragging?)

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 15 April 2009 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (Lamkin @ Apr 15 2009, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The "most frustrating"? Nope, but it was a very nice level which wasn't easy either. The trick for me was to get that cutie A.S.A.P. I was able to finish it in two minutes and twenty-six seconds. ๐Ÿ˜›
PS I can fly backwards even better than forwards, so that helped me out a bit with the ice missiles. (Am I bragging?)

Frustrating to make, not to play;) So the frame rates were good for you?!?! YES!!!!! BTW, if you didn't notice, you have a super homing gun. 2 minutes 26 seconds? Let me go check my time.

EDIT:
Um... my time is 52 seconds:)

This post has been edited by Odie : 15 April 2009 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (Odie @ Apr 15 2009, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Frustrating to make, not to play;) So the frame rates were good for you?!?! YES!!!!! BTW, if you didn't notice, you have a super homing gun. 2 minutes 26 seconds? Let me go check my time.

Ah, frustrating to make. I hadn't noticed having any other gun. (I thought I'd checked, too.) The frame rates were fine.
52 seconds, eh? ๐Ÿ™‚
By the way, there was a gap (on the right side) by the turrets that I could fly through at one point.

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 15 April 2009 - 07:04 PM