Forest-Wasteland "Boss"

@edwards, on Mar 19 2007, 08:54 PM, said in Forest-Wasteland "Boss":

Not if it's on the far side of the arena boundary, having escaped from it, which is the case I was referring to here...

Edwards

Ah, okay, but if the guardian tries to go after the ship it will hit the wall which will pull it in the room again.

@freq245, on Mar 20 2007, 09:45 AM, said in Forest-Wasteland "Boss":

Ah, okay, but if the guardian tries to go after the ship it will hit the wall which will pull it in the room again.

Ah, right- that's new in 1.0.1 (and a nice method of solving the pickup drop problem- my compliments to Lars), so I didn't encounter it when I got that boss stuck outside the arena a few months ago.

Edwards

@darwinian, on Dec 28 2006, 01:59 PM, said in Forest-Wasteland "Boss":

Possible spoilers.

Spoiler

Look carefully in that room. Do you see a yellow switch in the wall towards the southeast? You need to hit that switch to beat the game. You need to beat the mini-boss to hit that switch (or at least, to hit that switch, and get on with the game).

Therefore, it was not pointless.

xander

not entirely correct.

Spoiler

The super-wave gun can be used from the wasteland side to activate the switch

Are you sure about that, Edwin|? If yes, that's a bug.

@freq245, on Mar 22 2007, 09:42 AM, said in Forest-Wasteland "Boss":

Are you sure about that, Edwin|? If yes, that's a bug.

Spoiler

I'm not Edwin|, but I'm quite positive about the existence of the bug- there was a video showing it a few months ago, and I've managed it myself. The switch is right at the edge of the Super Wave's range, but with a few seconds of firing which pushing into the wall,you can open the door from the Wasteland side.

Edwards

Interesting... but how did you film the video of your screen?

lol! 😛 Thanks for educating me, this software looks quite impressive...

Err, folks why do you bring that up now? I've checked, and it's been fixed in 1.0.1.