Forest-Wasteland "Boss"

Is there any point?

I just finally defeated the small boss area that's in the all-black section between the forest and the wasteland, but I found no goodies or prizes or rewards for all my efforts, save a path between the forest and wasteland. Was it really this pointless to kill this boss (I'm not trying for speed...)?

@zqipper, on Dec 28 2006, 07:07 PM, said in Forest-Wasteland "Boss":

I just finally defeated the small boss area that's in the all-black section between the forest and the wasteland, but I found no goodies or prizes or rewards for all my efforts, save a path between the forest and wasteland. Was it really this pointless to kill this boss (I'm not trying for speed...)?

Possible spoilers.

Spoiler

Look carefully in that room. Do you see a yellow switch in the wall towards the southeast? You need to hit that switch to beat the game. You need to beat the mini-boss to hit that switch (or at least, to hit that switch, and get on with the game).

Therefore, it was not pointless.

xander

Oh, silly me. I didn't even notice that the two rooms connected (the dark and the light). Thanks.

@zqipper, on Dec 28 2006, 02:07 PM, said in Forest-Wasteland "Boss":

How did you defeat that black ship???

@cris, on Jan 4 2007, 02:15 AM, said in Forest-Wasteland "Boss":

How did you defeat that black ship???

Have you tried every combination of weapon and color? Remember, he will flash red when you do damage.

xander

I died there alot too, till i luckily destroyed it, I thought it was one of them uncolored black ships.

And again, my old friends the "fighters" killed me.. It's hard to see there, I'll see if I can get him..

You can take care of the fighters really wasily if you use the superpellets; you can hit most of them around corners if you shoot constantly and stop when you hit one/it flashes red.

@zqipper, on Jan 11 2007, 01:53 AM, said in Forest-Wasteland "Boss":

...if you shoot constantly...

If you shoot constantly? There is another way to shoot?!

xander

I don't always keep my finger on the trigger button. Of course, I never try to win for speed, but for the sake of winning.

There is another way to shoot!

:whisper: Just set the Caps Lock as the firing trigger.

Did you mean

Spoiler

southeast

or

Spoiler

southwest

? Hmmm...

@furrball, on Jan 11 2007, 10:22 PM, said in Forest-Wasteland "Boss":

Did you mean

Spoiler

southeast

or

Spoiler

southwest

? Hmmm...

Spoiler

Southeast.

xander

@kauthor, on Jan 11 2007, 11:09 AM, said in Forest-Wasteland "Boss":

There is another way to shoot!

:whisper: Just set the Caps Lock as the firing trigger.

Yeah, good idea. Maybe it even works on the

Spoiler

forest boss

! And...

Spoiler

what color is the black ship?

This post has been edited by FireFalcon : 12 January 2007 - 09:36 AM

Might be better to use the Super Beam for that. I tried that, FF.

@kauthor, on Jan 12 2007, 08:49 AM, said in Forest-Wasteland "Boss":

Might be better to use the Super Beam for that. I tried that, FF.

Yeah, I tried it but I only took off 20% of it's health, with the beam I have maneged harm it 50%.

I am in this area right now. I have already killed the mini boss. I also deactivated the yellow switch and the green one! But I am stuck!!!!!!!!!! There is still a bar on the forest end that closed when I entered and a bar on the wasteland end. There are no "beasties" left to fight. Is there a special way to open the thinner bar? Also I hit both of the switches--green and yellow--I assume one opened the electric zappy looking thing on the wasteland side, what did the other do?

The yellow switch opened access to a star, the green switch opened a door at the Wasteland end of the black area, and if there really isn't anything left in there to fight, and the doors haven't opened, then you've encountered a bug. Did you kill a large thing that shot giant bullets at you? If not, it managed to escape through a wall and run away- fly slowly along the walls and see if it appears. If it does, kill it with the wave gun; if it doesn't, then quit and reload your game and try again.

Edwards

@edwards, on Mar 19 2007, 04:08 AM, said in Forest-Wasteland "Boss":

If it does, kill it with the wave gun; (...)

You can take out the shield with the yellow colour, too, so that you can kill the enemy faster.

@freq245, on Mar 19 2007, 09:35 AM, said in Forest-Wasteland "Boss":

You can take out the shield with the yellow colour, too, so that you can kill the enemy faster.

Not if it's on the far side of the arena boundary, having escaped from it, which is the case I was referring to here...

Edwards