Suggestions for 1.0.1

@cheleball, on Dec 7 2006, 09:37 PM, said in Suggestions for 1.0.1:

I also wish we could make custom multiplayer maps (if we already can, do please correct me).

I'll second the suggestion for custom MP maps, even if they don't get logged to the high score list. Also, it would be nice to have some official MP map that could match Forest for high scores (although it seems that the Wasteland might be able to do nearly as well). Perhaps tone down the Forest map and tone up a couple of the less linear maps?

Edwards

@edwards, on Dec 7 2006, 09:23 PM, said in Suggestions for 1.0.1:

I'll second the suggestion for custom MP maps, even if they don't get logged to the high score list. Also, it would be nice to have some official MP map that could match Forest for high scores (although it seems that the Wasteland might be able to do nearly as well). Perhaps tone down the Forest map and tone up a couple of the less linear maps?

Shhhhh... we need the Forest as is to get better 6-figure high scores and beat whatever internal high score there was during beta testing. 😉

@simx, on Dec 8 2006, 09:08 AM, said in Suggestions for 1.0.1:

Shhhhh... we need the Forest as is to get better 6-figure high scores and beat whatever internal high score there was during beta testing. 😉

Psst... Check the high score list. The beta high score was 113300.

Of course, if you want, we could try to beat the new high...

Edwards

@edwards, on Dec 8 2006, 12:22 PM, said in Suggestions for 1.0.1:

Psst... Check the high score list. The beta high score was 113300.

Of course, if you want, we could try to beat the new high...

Edwards

The beta scores were all deleted before the game was released, silly. 😛

What I'd like is to have the missiles' behavior change to match your weapon, but only if you had the super type. Like if you were using s. wave, your missiles would come out five at a time in a spread, if you had s. pellets, they would bounce, s. beam, they would go really fast, and s. homing is obvious.

<_< That would really screw up the gameplay.

@mackilroy, on Dec 8 2006, 10:15 AM, said in Suggestions for 1.0.1:

The beta scores were all deleted before the game was released, silly. 😛

I see I could have been a bit clearer there. My comment about the highest beta score was just a reference point so that he could evaluate the current first-place score, and see that his comment was half-outdated as of a few hours before he posted it. I had not intended for it to look like I was using the high score list as the source for that number.

And I agree that any changes to the behavior of the missiles would mess up gameplay. If you can't shoot them where you want them to end up, learn to fly better.

Edwards

Hey, i'm just saying that the missiles are somewhat less useful then they really should be. They're fine in the demo, but from what i've read they become next to useless in the endgame. Having them do different things would make it more interesting.

This post has been edited by PiSketch : 08 December 2006 - 07:34 PM

I disagree; the further you get, the more useful missles are. You get more of them, and you get to use them on bosses. 🙂 It would have taken me way longer to beat the forest boss, for example, without the use of missles.

Really? I guess i wouldn't know, not having the bought the game... yet. Everything i said was based off of what i had heard others say. I guess i retract my suggestion, then. No real point in it if they actually do things effectively.

This post has been edited by PiSketch : 11 December 2006 - 11:06 AM

The missiles are needed to defeat boss 7.

I Would love to see a battle mode within the multi player, where you can either duke it out with another person, both using the solo mission ship. Then you could design areas with power ups hidden around that you have to fight for, and when a person dies the power ups can be collected or return to their hiding spots. Just thought it could add some fun gameplay.

@atomicpyrox, on Dec 9 2006, 12:13 AM, said in Suggestions for 1.0.1:

I Would love to see a battle mode within the multi player, where you can either duke it out with another person, both using the solo mission ship. Then you could design areas with power ups hidden around that you have to fight for, and when a person dies the power ups can be collected or return to their hiding spots. Just thought it could add some fun gameplay.

YES!

We need dueling 😄 Capture the flag... possibilities are endless. hey why limit to 2 players, 3 or 4 would be great also. (of course maybe bandwidth problems, but worth a shot)

No CTF and battle. Those are pretty cliche. Any new modes should be as creative as the whole concept of SF.

/me imagines a CTF mode with the players tethered.

😄

My thoughts:

1. Some button that you can use to delete save games would be nice :-).

2. The clipping once you get the 3rd ship needs help. Since you don't take damage from the walls, you can ram through a lot of barriers and such (I reference the barrier near the super wave, it was completely easy, and ruined that part of the game because I got confused and saved...it was late).

3. Some more official maps would be nice, multiplayer and single player. I agree with the custom MP maps comment.

4. No strafing, please. My hand drawn ships in elementary school couldn't strafe, could yours?

@jason-carr, on Dec 10 2006, 08:16 PM, said in Suggestions for 1.0.1:

My thoughts:

1. Some button that you can use to delete save games would be nice :-).

2. The clipping once you get the 3rd ship needs help. Since you don't take damage from the walls, you can ram through a lot of barriers and such (I reference the barrier near the super wave, it was completely easy, and ruined that part of the game because I got confused and saved...it was late).

3. Some more official maps would be nice, multiplayer and single player. I agree with the custom MP maps comment.

4. No strafing, please. My hand drawn ships in elementary school couldn't strafe, could yours?

1. Already suggested, could be added in 1.0.1.

2. So you were able to cheat the super wave gun challenge? Maybe you should report this in this thread.

3. There probably won't be any official new maps in the future, because they require a lot of time to make, for example the new soundtracks. But there should be several custom multiplayer maps if this feature was finally added in the next version.

4. Don't be worried, this is most likely not going to happen. 🙂

I have only one suggestion, and its actually for the editor, not the game itself (which ROCKS.)

The ability to select and copy/move more than one object at a time would greatly increase the ease of building levels, as well as make laying out background tiles a snap.

I've already posted this in a couple other threads, so sorry if I sound repetative, but I'm just trying to cover all bases.

@mephisto, on Dec 11 2006, 10:22 PM, said in Suggestions for 1.0.1:

...make laying out background tiles a snap.

Actually, I'm surprised the game does not have the ability to tile an image on the background automatically. It seems like a no-brainer and something the original developer would have wanted while tiling the backgrounds by hand himself.

Oh well, mysteries...

Purely useless, cosmetic change: Make the exhaust "flames" change color to match your weapon color? I just think it would be kinda nice. Utterly useless and a waste of time, but nice.