The Officer's Club Bar #7

Certainly, I'll always support a free promotion by drinking as much of the stock as possible, to demonstrate that it is perfectly safe to drink, of course 😄

------------------
Oh, so it is another bug hunt then...

Can I order a 100 pack of GreenyGreensŽŠ™?

I need enough to make it through my first week of intersteller electrical engineering school.

------------------
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."-Albert Einstein

a weary Mag enters the bar and orders a GreenyGreenŽŠ™ after learning that they are currently free

Well, the plug is finally finished (unless I missed some bugs), but the addons section seems to be out of comission. Odd and moderately frustrating...

------------------
"Humans are hicks."
- Paff's Law
It explains so much...

A new plug finished!!
Have another promotional GreenyThingyŽŠ™ sir. Flashes a warmthless corporate smile 😄

Yes, the add ons section has been abnormal for a couple of weeks now...
Perhaps you could post it elsewhere, or e-mail it to interested players...

We are thinking of doing GreenyThingyŽŠ™ on virtual drip which will be installed in all approved bars. You put your credit card in the slot and your glass is automatically refilled adinfiniteum by the bar's matter transmitters.
Good marketing ploy...

------------------
Oh, so it is another bug hunt then...

Hmm, I don't think I want to put such a corporate ploy in my bar. Targeting laser appears on his forehead. I mean, the Greeny corporation already has enough of a stranglehold on the bar market, I think. Bends to get a glass and a projectile hits the wall where he had been. They sure are influential, I'll give 'em that. Laser re-centers on his forehead, and he calmly reaches down and presses a button. Ah, well. Bullet tears through the air, stops when it hits a forcefield he activated, and returns on its flight path with the same velocity it flew in with. A thump is heard.

Anyone for a drink?

OOC: I'm just about all packed for college, my patrons. Tomorrow evening I'll be in Oberlin.

------------------
-Traek Cicion, barkeep extraordinaire
"PS: If nothing's working around here, it's because I'm laughing so hard."
-Durandal

Mag wanders in, sipping on his free GreenyThingyŽŠ™.

The addons page is back, and the plug's been uploaded. So whenever one of the mods (looks like it's pretty much just SA left) puts it up, it'll be available for everyone's downloading pleasure.

So, barkeep, how's this college business going?

------------------
"Humans are hicks."
- Paff's Law
It explains so much...

(Not bad, just got the connection up and running. Frantic day today, and it looks like it'll be that way for a while, until I get settled in.)

------------------
-Traek Cicion, barkeep extraordinaire
"PS: If nothing's working around here, it's because I'm laughing so hard."
-Durandal

Ehhh... I liked the old interphase better.

Anyway, /me orders another dozen GreenyBluesŽŠ™ just for old times sake.

I booted up Ares today for like the first time in a month, and tried to beat the "Down the tubes" of EarthQuest...

...and no I didn't win...

Mein Gott ze half changez all ze po?o´´enie

LCA strolls confidently into the bar,
it looks the same, yet different somehow.
Ah yess,
All these dark brooding 90s corridors have been replaced by gleaming bright brushed Alu-PlastikkŽŠ™ :unsure: Empire Strikes Back style corridors of the new millennium...

Took me ages to find the bar, in re-plating the building they have also managed to move the bar an indeterminate number of floors up and changed the layout of all the floorplans, without reprogramming the autovators with the new locations. There's a storage closet on Level 8 with 200+ beings in it all looking for a drink.

I had to actually walk here in the end 🙂

Beams in a crate of GreenyBluesŽŠ™ 🆒 to warm up the new image bar - it'll take a little getting used to... :unsure:

(Yeesh, do the forums look ugly now. Why oh why??)

My droids are going to set about getting this place back to normal soon. We're moving into high orbit around a nearby planet in order to effect repairs. The bar's been through quite a lot lately. I think I need another GreenyBlue™ŠŽ

Oh hey, plug's finally out. Download and have fun, folks.

To celebrate, all drinks are on me.

This post has been edited by Mag Steelglass : 14 September 2004 - 09:47 PM

Well good, then! Helps himself to five drinks. On your tab, mag. No rush to pay me back. Maintenance costs are down a lot since the patronage stopped leaving and entering and just petrified where they're sitting.

A plug? must try^^

CJM stumbles in drunk from a pub down the street and slowly drifts towards the bar before saluting Mag and falling down onto a stool

Gimme a... Gimme a pint! Yesh a pint of Guinnesssssh

This post has been edited by CJM2 : 27 October 2004 - 06:35 AM

/Skyfox appears out of nowhere, mumbles something about upcoming tests...

He grabs a keg of GreenyBlue™ŠŽ, and then heads off into the unkown, encountering the Sarilian gateship while flying around in his 'lejee cruiser.

Karrde wanders in, wonders where everybody is and orders a pangalactic gargleblaster from the invisible bartender for old times sake.

"Ares is dead now, Talon." says the only other lifeform in the bar.
"And it won't come back 'till the Classic update is finished."

The barkeep pops back into existence creating a strange disturbance in the air currents of the room.

Whooee. I've had so much stuff to do over the past weeks I've neglected my tending. Serves up a PGGB and starts cleaning off the quarter inch of dust accumulated on the countertop.

Lord Commander Anic staggers in, jacket smouldering from having been recently aflame.

Hm, looks like a gathering of survivors...

Just had a lucky escape in the Homeworld2 Mac Demo tutorial combat grounds.
Lost the entire fleet in an exercise!
Gettin it next week though 🆒 🆒 🆒 🆒 , even though it's not as exciting as Ares.

Joins the queue at the bar.
Scans the row of coloured drinks and things
Er I'll have some of that red stuff please...

A Salrilian approaches the bar and orders a Dackery.