EVN - Delphi

******* ONLY READ THE FOLLOWING IF YOU LIKE EASTER EGG SPOILERS *****

***** ARE YOU SURE? *****

***** EASTER EGG SPOILERS TO FOLLOW *******

I'll let you in on a secret. Three, as a matter of fact.

1st - You think a NASA space shuttle would be nostalgic? Somewhere in the galaxy there's a certain little white triangular spaceship happily blasting asteroids, but utterly confused as to where he is. You can even help him back to his own universe through the use of a special mission available after completing any one of the game's three story lines.

2nd - Complete two of the game's storylines with your pilot file (at the end of each storyline you have the option of resetting the galaxy at any time to try another story) and you'll be granted the right to fly the Tiberium Cruiser, a vessel modeled directly off of the Command and Conquer universe. Comes complete with an onboard Ion Cannon and cup holders.

3rd - Finish all three storylines with the same pilot file and achieve a combat rating of "Deadly" and you'll be given the option to investigate a disturbance near the edge of known space. Make sure you have a really powerful warship of some sort at this point. Locate the source of the problem, a gigantic black hole in the process of swallowing a star, and face the ultimate villain. I won't tell you who he is, but lets just say if you don't defeat him...

...all your base will belong to him.

I even wrote matching battle music.

******* END SPOILERS *******

This post has been edited by Delphi : 29 October 2007 - 08:25 PM

Delphi: keep working on your graphics. Two reasons: 1. graphics for a TC don't have to all be some level of good, just match. Your style with the sketchup ships is extraordinarily cool - the designs are excellent. Once you learn to texture them well, or perhaps if you get someone else to help you texture them (there's nothing wrong with joint work; a lot of Nova ships were done by multiple artists), they'll really work well. 2. While it might be wise to not work necessarily on graphics specifically for your TC, it would be very wise to practice and continue to improve. Sometimes I take breaks from making anything for my projects and just do graphics for the fun of it, and it works great to keep me motivated, learn more about doing graphics, and get better.

Don't give up on the graphics! Your graphics rule, even if Coraxus can texture better. You may need a little more work, but what I've seen so far has been very, very good. Pleeeeeease keep up the good work. Also, set the

Spoiler

NASA Shuttle

to have no fuel, and give it a mission to give it a replacement ion battery or something.

What he said.

the awesomeness of those spoilers have just increased anticipation and giddiness 5%. I remember you had stuff on the EV-Nova forums about cut scenes and you were creating the NDC combat suit. I say in homage to C&C you make them live action or are you no longer working on them cause that would be a good thing to do instead of graphics. even though that kinda is graphics

In regards to graphics:

I never said I was going to bring ship production to halt, guys. All I meant is I'm going to take a break from the model-render-rled-shan-ship process and just make some pretty models for the time being, until my texturing abilities expand. I'll still be making lots of ships, you just won't hear tell of so many being entered into the game. Instead, I'll be taking the time I normally would to create spin animations and the like to put some good solid work into the story, and of course, completing the universe. I still don't have every planet, moon, and station placed, but for every one that I do, I have pretty much every facility and description established, as least in a rudimentary fashion (tech levels are pretty generic right now, until I start specializing).

In regards to cutscenes:

Wherever I can do them, I will do them. Because I don't have a large cast and crew to do the film work (AKA, I only have me), a lot of cutscenes will be done in CGI, and player interactions with other characters as well as general storytelling will be done in a very cool almost-comic-book style, with solid visual "panels" interspersed with the occasional animated feature. Sorta like the old The Incredible Hulk animated TV series but with less cheese.

Once I've got the "screenplay" established, I'll probably need some voice actors. Stay tuned for the distant future; I'll put out some lines and hold some online auditions or something.

@cosmic_nusiance, on Oct 30 2007, 09:35 AM, said in EVN - Delphi:

Don't give up on the graphics! Your graphics rule, even if Coraxus can texture better. You may need a little more work, but what I've seen so far has been very, very good. Pleeeeeease keep up the good work. Also, set the

Spoiler

NASA Shuttle

to have no fuel, and give it a mission to give it a replacement ion battery or something.

***** SPOILERS AHEAD *****

Sorry if I confused you with my earlier post. There's no NASA shuttle in Delphi. I just realized that "white triangular ship" could be easily misinterpreted.

The ship that you encounter is the player's ship from the classic arcade game, Asteroids. Somehow, upon reaching a score of 999,999,999, and having shot one more asteroid, he suddenly had all his primitive ship's computer systems crash, after which he ended up in our universe. It then becomes your job, should you choose to accept, to help him get home.

Sorry about the confusion.

HINT (and I'm only telling you this once; take a note or something) - The answer to get him home is given to you by an ancient Asteroids arcade machine hidden in a bar somewhere inside civilized space. I'll leave finding that up to you though. Keep an eye out once the plug is released.

***** END SPOILERS *****

This post has been edited by Delphi : 02 November 2007 - 03:51 AM

@delphi, on Nov 2 2007, 04:46 AM, said in EVN - Delphi:

***** SPOILERS AHEAD *****

snip<

***** END SPOILERS *****

Glorious. I like how you think. 😄

Hey all, sorry it's been so long since I updated; I've been preparing for a Christmas vacation, so I've been pretty busy.

I've done some drawings, but no electronic work yet, but either way I'm still doing what work I can!

I'll be away for the holidays, so have a merry non-denominational-holiday-at-the-end-of-december-that-is-strangely-associated-with-much-gift-giving! 😛

Can we have some updates as our "non-denominational-holiday-at-the-end-of-december-that-is-strangely-associated-with-much-gift-giving!" present?

Sooooooo, how's this coming along? I for one am still excited about it, I hopee you ahven't given up yet, although I wouldn't blame you for all the work this looks to be.

Oh and yeah, this post is basically a shamless bump so your work will not slide into the abyss of dead plug-ins O.o

"That is not dead, which can eternal lie...
And in strange aeons, even death may die..."

No, I am not the great Cthulu, but with all the painkillers I'm on, I do feel a tad bit undead/eternal. I am, however, the founder and creator, and in a certain sense, the god of the Delphi universe, and I must admit that little run of apostasy for the last few months had me worried the world would never again feel the touch of its creator. After a brief stint of monumental difficulties in my quality of life, I finally found the inspiration last night to pick up my junk and keep on truckin'. In other words, for the time being at least, I'm back on the project. Unfortunately, I don't have any tasty morsels with which to tantalize your digital taste buds yet, as almost every new concept I developed over the past two months ended up in the trash; I was never satisfied with my work. To ease back into the field of plug-in development and design, I've decided to take a different entry point - moving into sound design for my fabulous arsenal. Sure, space is silent, but what fun is it if the big guns don't make the appropriate boom?

Okay, I lied. I do have this little sound file that I drafted together last night. Maybe a concept effect for the standard Pulse Cannon.

For those keeping score, the sound was made in Garageband using a light cymbal hit from the Orchestral Drum Kit, modified first using a distortion in-line effect channel, followed by a flanger. I hope you like it.

EDIT - Odd, the file didn't attach. One more second while I try this again.

This post has been edited by Delphi : 20 February 2008 - 05:17 PM

Let's try this again, shall we?

Attached File(s)

Delphi your responses overjoy me and that little sound just makes me anticipating the glorious noises that are to come.

Delphi, I remember following your progress eagerly on EVNova.net. I still am. I'm gratified you are still at work.

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 24 February 2008 - 12:22 PM

Hey Sol, it's Tom from ev-nova.net.. Glad to see you're still working at the plug so dilligently! The new ships and ideas are, to put it bluntly, awesome. I remember recording a small looping theme tune called 'To Win the Hearts of Men' (or something along those lines) in the early stages of development, and was wondering if you still needed a helping hand with the sounds and FX area of the plug. I've got myself some new kit and some experience with synthesizers following recent work on a Drum 'n Bass record, get back to me if you're interested.

And Dagon, was just saying hey man! ..You're going to have to excuse the latest tossup with silent outpost, it has now officially become a legal issue :S

@ravenheart, on Mar 1 2008, 08:51 AM, said in EVN - Delphi:

Hey Sol, it's Tom from ev-nova.net.. Glad to see you're still working at the plug so dilligently! The new ships and ideas are, to put it bluntly, awesome. I remember recording a small looping theme tune called 'To Win the Hearts of Men' (or something along those lines) in the early stages of development, and was wondering if you still needed a helping hand with the sounds and FX area of the plug. I've got myself some new kit and some experience with synthesizers following recent work on a Drum 'n Bass record, get back to me if you're interested.

And Dagon, was just saying hey man! ..You're going to have to excuse the latest tossup with silent outpost, it has now officially become a legal issue :S

Raven!

Good to see you! It seems like your Trading and Ship guides forum is down. Is it being redone?

Sorry to take this off on a tangent, Delphi.

I think the ship designs for this TC are incredibly awesome. In fact, the're so awesome, you could even just leave them untextured and give the plug a really unique art style.

@warlord-mike, on Mar 1 2008, 05:00 PM, said in EVN - Delphi:

Raven!

Good to see you! It seems like your Trading and Ship guides forum is down. Is it being redone?

Sorry to take this off on a tangent, Delphi.

We've been experiencing a bout of underground arab familial gang warfare which has some financial consequences.. (I'm kid you not! Some dodgy s###'s gone down).. unfortunately NSG and NTG got caught up in the crossfire since the server has been relocated so many times.

We're currently based in Taiwan :laugh:

This post has been edited by Ravenheart : 02 March 2008 - 08:11 AM

@ravenheart, on Mar 2 2008, 07:10 AM, said in EVN - Delphi:

We've been experiencing a bout of underground arab familial gang warfare which has some financial consequences.. (I'm kid you not! Some dodgy s###'s gone down).. unfortunately NSG and NTG got caught up in the crossfire since the server has been relocated so many times.

We're currently based in Taiwan :laugh:

Tom!!! Remember me. Its Hawkman. I'm back with better grammar and spelling and overall better typing. Can I be unblocked from SO now 🙂 Anyways Delphi how many ships are fully designed as of right now? Would you be willing to put those in a plug for our nova enjoyment?